ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant Work Permit Switching to HSMP

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hg
Newly Registered

Dependant Work Permit Switching to HSMP

Post by hg » Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:07 pm

Hi All,

I am a Work Permit holder and currently working in UK. My wife is also working in UK on basis of dependant Work Permit visa. She had applied for HSMP and has received the approval letter.

Now, will she be able to apply for FLR(HSMP) [She is applying for the first time - not the extension] from UK itself. She will be including me as her dependant.

Please guide us in this matter.

Thanks for any kind of help provided.

SKUK
Member of Standing

Post by SKUK » Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:09 pm

HG,

Your wife can apply for FLR by all means. You can send in your passport at the same time to be stamped as a dependant. Your WP visa will be cancelled. You may have to inform your current employer (WP sponsor) about your situation.
You will have the right to work for any employer by means of a depandant Visa.

Good luck!

hg
Newly Registered

Thanks SKUK

Post by hg » Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:15 pm

I am happy to find that my wife can apply FLR without going back to India. But just now I found from HSMP office that she needs to go back as she is dependant.

Really, out of 5 people asked (including you and HSMP) 3 have said that she need not go back. But now since HSMP office itself is stating that she has to go back, I am really confused.

Do you know anyone who faced the same situation?

Thanks again for your reply!!

WoodieG
BANNED

Post by WoodieG » Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:29 pm

The Home Office are correct. Read the guidance notes.
________
Wave blaster
Last edited by WoodieG on Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gorajim

Post by gorajim » Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:33 pm

Hiya,

There are only a handful of categories that can switch in-country. And "Dependant of a Work-Permit Holder" is not one of those. Hence she will have to apply for EC from India.

You can refer to the guidance notes about the categories that can switch in-country.

Cheers.

hg
Newly Registered

Thanks All

Post by hg » Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:52 pm

Wish you all a Happy New Year. :D

As you all say... Work Permit dependant cannot apply LTR after the HSMP approval from UK itself. They need to go back to their home country and apply for EC.

In my case, will the EC process be same for my wife? She has UK bank account, UK residence and UK employment.
Can she provide UK bank account details for the Assets proof?
UK rental agreement for Accommodation proof?
UK employer's offer letter for current Employment?

Please help me in this matter.

Thanks once again.

SKUK
Member of Standing

Post by SKUK » Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:49 am

Apologies HG for misleading you in the first instance. As now confirmed you wife has to leave UK and apply for EC if she is on dependant visa. For everybody's info only the following immigration categories are allowed to switch in-country:

postgraduate doctors, dentists and trainee general practitioners;

Science and Engineering Graduate Scheme;

International Graduate Scheme;

working holidaymaker;

innovator;

work permit holder (excluding training and work experience (TWES) and sectors based scheme); and

Fresh Talent: Working in Scotland, if you have the consent of your official sponsor (if appropriate).