ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

criminal offence

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

KhanzadaKhan
Pakistan

criminal offence

Post by KhanzadaKhan » Tue May 03, 2016 8:45 am

I had accident in Oct 2011 and then went to court where I got 3 points and £200 fine in June 2012.(cd10 driving without due care and attention).

Now I am applying for naturalization in July this year. Will this be fine for good characters option?
I am putting details of my offence in application but just asking will this be OK? it will be over years when I will apply.

geriatrix

Re: criminal offence

Post by geriatrix » Tue May 03, 2016 10:32 am

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

nzvinokona
Newly Registered
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Re: criminal offence

Post by nzvinokona » Tue May 03, 2016 8:21 pm

KhanzadaKhan wrote:I had accident in Oct 2011 and then went to court where I got 3 points and £200 fine in June 2012.(cd10 driving without due care and attention).

Now I am applying for naturalization in July this year. Will this be fine for good characters option?
I am putting details of my offence in application but just asking will this be OK? it will be over years when I will apply.
I had IN10 in 2008 related to vehicle insurance with similar points and fine. As long as the required time has lapsed (please check the timing for what is considered as expired) then this should be fine.

However, even if the points have been removed and the required time has passed, Home Office still require you to say Yes to criminal conviction on the form and provide details and dates. I also printed the DVLA licence sharing page which is proof that there are no longer points on your licence.