ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS ILR refused postal application and interview

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

omnishanti
Newly Registered

PBS ILR refused postal application and interview

Post by omnishanti » Thu May 05, 2016 10:19 am

Hi all,
I applied ILR via post in December and its refused after 5 months. The caseworker refused it under section 322(2), 322(2A) and 322(5). I am feeling gutted and sad and need your help.
I have done amendments for 2010-11 returns and paid all the taxes in full in November, also I attached the new calculation in post. I received letter from home office for an interview in March. During interview they asked me about my self-employment in initial and extension applications. Then asked me about my taxes and why I have done the amendment, a form was also given which had few question related to self-employment.
Should I consider go for AR or fresh application?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR refused postal application and interview

Post by CR001 » Thu May 05, 2016 10:27 am

322(2) and 322(2A)
(2) the making of false representations or the failure to disclose any material fact for the purpose of obtaining leave to enter or a previous variation of leave or in order to obtain documents from the Secretary of State or a third party required in support of the application for leave to enter or a previous variation of leave.

(2A) the making of false representations or the failure to disclose any material fact for the purpose of obtaining a document from the Secretary of State that indicates the person has a right to reside in the United Kingdom.
322(5)
(5) the undesirability of permitting the person concerned to remain in the United Kingdom in the light of his conduct (including convictions which do not fall within paragraph 322(1C), character or associations or the fact that he represents a threat to national security;
So what 'false representations or failure to disclose' did you do? Are your incomes declared to HO for initial visa and extensions and to HMRC for tax purposes different i.e. did you suddenly suffer a loss (reported to HMRC for less tax) as soon as your extension was granted? Did you only do a tax amendment thinking it will secure your ILR?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

omnishanti
Newly Registered

Post by omnishanti » Thu May 05, 2016 10:33 am

Thanks for prompt reply.

I did amendments for only 2010/11.

Income declared to HO :: 39700

Income declared to HMRC :: 35200

Because it was not complete year so I had few extra expenses, but my consultant said to amend it still even though my expenses were genuine. The worst advice I have taken in my life.

ILR2015-2016

Post by ILR2015-2016 » Thu May 05, 2016 10:50 am

omnishanti wrote:Thanks for prompt reply.

Because it was not complete year so I had few extra expenses, but my consultant said to amend it still even though my expenses were genuine. The worst advice I have taken in my life.

Sorry to hear about your refusal.please can you advise when did you submit your biometrics nad what date was your interview held?was in Liverpool or Sheffield?

omnishanti
Newly Registered

Post by omnishanti » Thu May 05, 2016 10:54 am

I gave finger prints in December and interview was in london.

Should i go for fresh application or AR?

ILR2015-2016

Post by ILR2015-2016 » Thu May 05, 2016 10:58 am

omnishanti wrote:I gave finger prints in December and interview was in london.

well according to some applicants AR is just waste of time and money.but you already have tried postal application before.what does your solicitor suggest?

omnishanti
Newly Registered

Post by omnishanti » Thu May 05, 2016 11:01 am

ILR2015-2016 wrote:

well according to some applicants AR is just waste of time and money.but you already have tried postal application before.what does your solicitor suggest?
Solicitor said try AR. I dont know what are the merits to give visa.

ILR2015-2016

Post by ILR2015-2016 » Thu May 05, 2016 11:03 am

omnishanti wrote:
ILR2015-2016 wrote:

can I ask what is your earning band for ILR. my earning band is 35k

screenprint

Post by screenprint » Thu May 05, 2016 11:12 am

So even you were meting your earning threshold they sill refused you ? They can not refused you if you were meting you income threshold, you can easily win on this point in JR.

What was your earning Band for initial extension ? Was it £40,000/- ?

What was your application was it Set (o) or Set (LR) ?
Last edited by screenprint on Thu May 05, 2016 11:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

jarraj1102

Post by jarraj1102 » Thu May 05, 2016 11:14 am

omnishanti wrote:
ILR2015-2016 wrote:

Hi Omnishanti,

Don't loose hope. You have clearly done everything that could be done on your part.Paid all your taxes and have submitted the proof for the same with the application. Having gone through various forums on this issue, personally i would suggest to take the help of a reputed solicitor registered with the HO and make a strong case if it comes down to JR and may be a PAP. Although it might sound expensive, this will eventually work out in your favour. Although there are people out there who want to suggest otherwise and say things are grim. Do everything possible to get what you worked hard for.

Regards
Raj

ILR2015-2016

Post by ILR2015-2016 » Thu May 05, 2016 11:25 am

thanks Raj.would you please advise me how much would be the charges for PAP and JR?

jarraj1102

Post by jarraj1102 » Thu May 05, 2016 11:34 am

ILR2015-2016 wrote:thanks Raj.would you please advise me how much would be the charges for PAP and JR?
Hi,

I am not the proper person to advise you on the charges. It will be a great idea if you can find it from a reputed solicitor who have dealt with clients who are the in the same boat as you.

Regards

omnishanti
Newly Registered

Post by omnishanti » Thu May 05, 2016 12:29 pm

screenprint wrote:So even you were meting your earning threshold they sill refused you ? They can not refused you if you were meting you income threshold, you can easily win on this point in JR.

What was your application was it Set (o) or Set (LR) ?

My threshold was 35K. Caseworkers dont use their brain. I am very disappointed.

banky
Newly Registered

Post by banky » Thu May 05, 2016 12:40 pm

When did you do your ammendment? is it on HMRC online when you applied?

omnishanti
Newly Registered

Post by omnishanti » Thu May 05, 2016 12:53 pm

its all done prior to application last year. I know I will win this in JR however I dont have energy to go through that.

screenprint

Post by screenprint » Thu May 05, 2016 1:02 pm

omnishanti wrote:
screenprint wrote:So even you were meting your earning threshold they sill refused you ? They can not refused you if you were meting you income threshold, you can easily win on this point in JR.

What was your application was it Set (O) or Set (LR) ?

My threshold was 35K, Case workers don't use their brain. I am very disappointed.
Very Strange Indeed, as they should have not refused you on

Fact is that you are meeting you income threshold.

Again I am very sorry to hear this, you should challenge this decision and I am certain that you can win this appeal easily. Which Category did you apply ? Set (O) or Set (LR) ?

Do u have any leave remaining ?

If u have applied through Set (LR) Long Residency than they should have given you a Appeal Rights and you can appeal against their decision. Is there any chance that you are completing 10 Year Legal Residence ?

thiruuk

Post by thiruuk » Thu May 05, 2016 1:05 pm

[quote="omnishanti"]Thanks for prompt reply.

Because it was not complete year so I had few extra expenses, but my consultant said to amend it still even though my expenses were genuine. The worst advice I have taken in my life.[/quot

Hi definitely you will come out from this mess. What is your current amendment declared amount to HMRC.? What was your old amount declared to Hmrc?
tHiRu

omnishanti
Newly Registered

Post by omnishanti » Thu May 05, 2016 1:08 pm

screenprint wrote:
omnishanti wrote:

What was your application was it Set (O) or Set (LR) ?

My threshold was 35K, Case workers don't use their brain. I am very disappointed.
Very Strange Indeed, as they should have not refused you on

Fact is that you are meeting you income threshold.

Again I am very sorry to hear this, you should challenge this decision and I am certain that you can win this appeal easily. Which Category did you apply ? Set (O) or Set (LR) ?

Do u have any leave remaining ?

If u have applied through Set (LR) Long Residency than they should have given you a Appeal Rights and you can appeal against their decision. Is there any chance that you are completing 10 Year Legal Residence ?

No my 10 years will complete in 2018. They should have consider that I paid tax on 35K already and eligible for the required points.

raju4u

Post by raju4u » Thu May 05, 2016 1:20 pm

omnishanti wrote:Hi all,
I applied ILR via post in December and its refused after 5 months. The caseworker refused it under section 322(2), 322(2A) and 322(5). I am feeling gutted and sad and need your help.
I have done amendments for 2010-11 returns and paid all the taxes in full in November, also I attached the new calculation in post. I received letter from home office for an interview in March. During interview they asked me about my self-employment in initial and extension applications. Then asked me about my taxes and why I have done the amendment, a form was also given which had few question related to self-employment.
Hello mate, i am sorry to hear about your refusal and i hope you come out of this. I am a bit surprised to see all these rejection clauses, as they are too many. Do you mind telling us what exactly does your refusal letter says? because it does not make sense to me that on what basis they have made such harsh decision. I believe there is more to this story. Can you enlighten us please. thanks

omnishanti
Newly Registered

Post by omnishanti » Thu May 05, 2016 1:25 pm

raju4u wrote:
Hello mate, i am sorry to hear about your refusal and i hope you come out of this. I am a bit surprised to see all these rejection clauses, as they are too many. Do you mind telling us what exactly does your refusal letter says? because it does not make sense to me that on what basis they have made such harsh decision. I believe there is more to this story. Can you enlighten us please. thanks

Thanks Raja. In refusal Caseworker stated that my business was not genuine at time of initial application. My initial application was fully self employed and I am IT Security Consultant. This is ridiculous because the clients I have done contracting work with are British Banks and NHS. I feel caseworker didnt study my case properly and refused me blindly.

ILR2015-2016

Post by ILR2015-2016 » Thu May 05, 2016 1:28 pm

omnishanti wrote:
raju4u wrote:

Thanks Raja. In refusal Caseworker stated that my business was not genuine at time of initial application. My initial application was fully self employed and I am IT Security Consultant. This is ridiculous because the clients I have done contracting work with are British Banks and NHS. I feel caseworker didn't study my case properly and refused me blindly.
I believe Home office should only be concerned with the Tax. if we're doing business then only we're paying taxes.in your case did they mentioned anything about Tax amendment in your refusal letter?

omnishanti
Newly Registered

Post by omnishanti » Thu May 05, 2016 1:33 pm

Yes they mentioned that I changed my income declared to HO for tax avoiding purpose.

raju4u

Post by raju4u » Thu May 05, 2016 1:35 pm

omnishanti wrote:
raju4u wrote:
omnishanti wrote:
Thanks Raja. In refusal Caseworker stated that my business was not genuine at time of initial application. My initial application was fully self employed and I am IT Security Consultant. This is ridiculous because the clients I have done contracting work with are British Banks and NHS. I feel caseworker didnt study my case properly and refused me blindly.

this is ridiculous, i think you gonna be fine if you go for the right solution. When you 10 years completing r u given any appeal right? or just AR? during your interview did they allow you to add any extra documents or not?

omnishanti
Newly Registered

Post by omnishanti » Thu May 05, 2016 2:06 pm

My 10 years are too far cant do that. During interview this representative of HO was typing my answers and confusing everything. I had to repeat my answers twice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 05, 2016 2:12 pm

omnishanti wrote:My 10 years are too far cant do that. During interview this representative of HO was typing my answers and confusing everything. I had to repeat my answers twice.
10 years ILR they check tax/employment/income again anyway and that you have complied with all your previous visa requirements and this refusal will flash up on the system too.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.