ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any call or news for 3rd May 2016 PEO Croydon Attendees?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

pandd0
Newly Registered

Any call or news for 3rd May 2016 PEO Croydon Attendees?

Post by pandd0 » Wed May 04, 2016 9:10 pm

As there was IT systems outage on 3rd May 2016 at Croydon and most of ILR applicants were able to do bio-metrics, but were not given decision on the same day. We were given letters and were told we will get a call from PEO Croydon to let us know when decision of our application is done and documents are ready for collection/posting.

Creating this thread to share if anybody in PEO Croydon Attendees on 3rd May 2016 have heard back from Home Office yet.

Have a not heard anything yet.

Jacob123

Re: Any call or news for 3rd May 2016 PEO Croydon Attendees?

Post by Jacob123 » Wed May 04, 2016 9:20 pm

I am in the same boat. Was waiting for the call the whole day today. Hope to get it tomorrow. Will update if I hear from them.

Cheers,
Jacob

Ved
Newly Registered

Post by Ved » Thu May 05, 2016 1:08 pm

I am also in the same boat. No call no updates just that letter! Wondering whether it is a regular strategy as they can't cope with the work load?

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu May 05, 2016 1:12 pm

You're probably following this thread?
http://www.immigrationboards.com/genera ... 08538.html
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Bijuk

Post by Bijuk » Thu May 05, 2016 1:16 pm

Ved wrote:I am also in the same boat. No call no updates just that letter! Wondering whether it is a regular strategy as they can't cope with the work load?

Fixing the IT system takes 3 days ?? Wondering what is the business continuity plans are ... unbelievable :? :?

pandd0
Newly Registered

Post by pandd0 » Thu May 05, 2016 1:18 pm

Seems PEO Croydon is still having IT issues as per below thread

http://www.immigrationboards.com/genera ... 08538.html

So fingers crossed.

Jacob123

Post by Jacob123 » Thu May 05, 2016 2:24 pm

Let us hope that this get resolved soon. Pls update in this thread if anyone gets additional info on this.

Cheers,
Jacob

leicesterer

Post by leicesterer » Thu May 05, 2016 2:51 pm

My appointment was booked at Liverpool PEO for tomorrow but I have received a call today at 15:05pm from a private number and he said that due to IT issues we are unable to process any application, now my appointment is rescheduled to Monday. I have received confirmation email as well from Home Office.

Regards

Bijuk

Post by Bijuk » Thu May 05, 2016 3:01 pm

leicesterer wrote:My appointment was booked at Liverpool PEO for tomorrow but I have received a call today at 15:05pm from a private number and he said that due to IT issues we are unable to process any application, now my appointment is rescheduled to Monday. I have received confirmation email as well from Home Office.

Regards

Thanks for the update .. So this is not limited to Croydon PEO

main_2
Newly Registered

Post by main_2 » Thu May 05, 2016 3:04 pm

leicesterer wrote:My appointment was booked at Liverpool PEO for tomorrow but I have received a call today at 15:05pm from a private number and he said that due to IT issues we are unable to process any application, now my appointment is rescheduled to Monday. I have received confirmation email as well from Home Office.

Regards

You're lucky. My appointment on 6th at Croydon has been rebooked for 16th just 20 mins ago. I paid £500 for this service, how nice.

aamirwani

Post by aamirwani » Thu May 05, 2016 3:36 pm

main_2 wrote:

Regards

You're lucky. My appointment on 6th at Croydon has been rebooked for 16th just 20 mins ago. I paid £500 for this service, how nice.

I just got a call from Croydon as well. Asking me that they will have to reschedule my appointment. I spent over £200 on hotel accommodation and travelling. This is beyond ridiculous.
When I told him about this. He says you can make a complaint and I said can I make that complaint now he goes I am not trained to take complaints.

favour

Post by favour » Thu May 05, 2016 4:02 pm

I had the same experience at Shefield today. Had an email and then a call about1.30hours to my appointment,when I was already 30mins to Sheffield. I was tempted to still get to the PEO office to argue my case, but I thought I would probably save myself £15 cab fee by agreeing to rebooking on the phone. I got to Shefield only to get the next available train back ( what a waste of time and money!) I had My appointment rescheduled to next week.
They said I can fill in a complaint form to get my transport fee back

GO61

Post by GO61 » Thu May 05, 2016 4:15 pm

5th of May appointment at Croydon here.
Yes the issue is related to Biometrics checking stystem or something like that, and we've been told it's nationwide.
We submitted our file and now waiting for a phone call! It was a nightmare at Croydon today. Not a pleasant experience at all.

Anyway if anyone from 3rd May onwards start to have decision calls, please update here! :)

Thanks

favour

Post by favour » Thu May 05, 2016 4:26 pm

Hello G061,
Does it mean you won't have to reschedule your appointment or go back to Croydon . Only to wait for a call to confirm decision?

pandd0
Newly Registered

Post by pandd0 » Thu May 05, 2016 4:27 pm

GO61 wrote:5th of May appointment at Croydon here.
Yes the issue is related to Biometrics checking stystem or something like that, and we've been told it's nationwide.
We submitted our file and now waiting for a phone call! It was a nightmare at Croydon today. Not a pleasant experience at all.

Anyway if anyone from 3rd May onwards start to have decision calls, please update here! :)

Thanks
Thanks for update. Hope it gets fixed quickly.

Bijuk

Post by Bijuk » Thu May 05, 2016 4:48 pm

aamirwani wrote:
main_2 wrote:

Regards

I just got a call from Croydon as well. Asking me that they will have to reschedule my appointment. I spent over £200 on hotel accommodation and travelling. This is beyond ridiculous.
When I told him about this. He says you can make a complaint and I said can I make that complaint now he goes I am not trained to take complaints.

Same here .. got a call just 30 mins back so rescheduled to next week..

GO61

Post by GO61 » Thu May 05, 2016 4:50 pm

favour wrote:Hello G061,
Does it mean you won't have to reschedule your appointment or go back to Croydon . Only to wait for a call to confirm decision?
We were given the choice to reschedule but the rescheduled appointments were weeks away and I need to travel next week, so we submit the application (as they said there could be a decision today even if slim chance). Yes now waiting for call re decision.

By the way they were assessing and processing the applications they accepted today, and bringing them to dcision stage, but they said they just can't give the decision before having the info back from the biometrics system. So hopefully once the Biometrics issue is sorted , hopefully the decisions should come fairly quick...
They also said they'll be working late hours.
So everything's crossed!

tyrian619
Newly Registered

Post by tyrian619 » Thu May 05, 2016 5:50 pm

Hi Guys,

I attended Croydon on 04/05/2016. We were given a chance to give the biometrics but since they could not verify the biomaterics as their systems were down they asked us to leave.

They assured that some one will call from private number and ask us if we want to collect the docs they need to be sent by post once the IT systems start working.

They also mentioned that £500 will be automatically refunded back after 28 days as they could not give the decision the same day.

Additionally they assured that the case workers were working on our cases and will keep everything ready and just wait for the verifications system to reinstate which will take them not more than 10 mins per case to processes (if the results from bio verifications are positive)

We urged to give us some written confirmation as some applicants on 3rd May received but they did not agree and we had to go empty handed.

I confirmed from one of the other guys who went today and the problem prevailed. They say the problem is worldwide and is being looked into with at most urgency.

The applcants who went on PEO's 3rd, 4th and 5th May please keep posting here

Thanks

GO61

Post by GO61 » Thu May 05, 2016 7:17 pm

It is very interesting that a MASSIVE failure like this which has been going on for 3 days, is not in any UK press...

trueblue19

Post by trueblue19 » Thu May 05, 2016 7:45 pm

I can confirm that this is an ongoing problem. I had an appointment at Croydon PSC on 3rd May for Tier 2 renewal, and while the biometrics were taken, no decision was made. My legal representative advised me to leave at around 5 pm. I've just received an email from the legal representative saying 'IT outage is still not resolved'. And to think UKVI charges upwards of £3500 for a Tier 2 renewal. Well.. I have been told there's a possibility of things returning to normal tomorrow, 6th May, i.e., but it may take longer.

tyrian619
Newly Registered

Post by tyrian619 » Fri May 06, 2016 7:02 am

Similar issue was reported during same dates 4 years back

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2012/may/ ... er-failure

kautya

Post by kautya » Fri May 06, 2016 9:31 am

At the Solihull PEO for appointment today. One of my friends was attending same day as me. He had received a call and rescheduled for 17 May, but received no confirmation. So he came in with me. At the PEO they allowed me in but he was told to come back on 17th. When he escalated with their manager he was finally given an appointment for tomorrow.
But interestingly the first reason the manager gave was staffing and then said but the system is also slow. I think it might be that staff is pulled for the election going on across U.K. Manger didn't confirm or deny if applications will be decided today for the people that have turned up here.

pandd0
Newly Registered

Post by pandd0 » Fri May 06, 2016 10:46 am

kautya wrote:At the Solihull PEO for appointment today. One of my friends was attending same day as me. He had received a call and rescheduled for 17 May, but received no confirmation. So he came in with me. At the PEO they allowed me in but he was told to come back on 17th. When he escalated with their manager he was finally given an appointment for tomorrow.
But interestingly the first reason the manager gave was staffing and then said but the system is also slow. I think it might be that staff is pulled for the election going on across U.K. Manger didn't confirm or deny if applications will be decided today for the people that have turned up here.
Thanks for update - please keep us posted if decision was taken today at PEO Solihull.

Thanks

GO61

Post by GO61 » Fri May 06, 2016 11:39 am

Hello all

I've sent a complaint email to "complaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk " , just to make sure it's in record.
I copied the template below if you guys would like to do the same.

Dear Sir/Madam;

On XXXX, I, XXXX (DOB XXXX ) , applied for XXXX , at XXXX Premium Service Centre with our Premium Sameday Service appointment, along with my dependant XXXX (DOB XXXX).

We've been told there are IT issues related to Biometrics system, and today on 06.06 we haven't yet had a decision.
This is extremely frustrating.

1) There was no information given as to when the Biometrics system issue will be resolved. We've been told it's been ongoing since 3rd of May, so it's already been 4 days. We would like to be advised with an estimated timeline of when this issue will be resolved and when we'll have our documents back along with the decision, as we have planned trips for business and holiday, which is the reason why we booked and paid for a Premium Service Centre Sameday Service appointment.

2) We paid 2 x £500.00 = £1000.00 for PSC appointment Sameday Service, plus 2 x £63.00 = £126.00 for early (XXXX) appointment. We should be getting a refund for both , totaling £1126.00 . Please confirm when this amount will be refunded. (attached you may find relevant payment receipts)

We have experienced a great amount of distress due to the situation yesterday and we're still extremely under stress due to above, and would like a reply asap.

Regards
XXXX

DOB: XXXX
Nationality: XXXX
Address: XXXX
Tel: XXXX
Email: XXXX

Jacob123

Post by Jacob123 » Fri May 06, 2016 11:43 am

I just got a call from homeoffice informing that my ILR is granted. They asked if I want to collect the documents or want a recorded delivery,

My PSC was Croydon on the 3rd so looks like the IT system is up.

Leaving now for Croydon, but wanted to share this with everyone who is waiting to hear from them

Cheers,
Jacob