ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (General) ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ranarehan

Tier 1 (General) ILR

Post by ranarehan » Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:16 pm

I got 3 points with £100 fine on a FPN for speeding offense two and a half years ago. By reading other posts, I understand that I should mention this in my ILR application. But I am confused that whether it is a court conviction (the letter I got was from HM Courts & Tribunal which says FPN) or a normal FPN without court conviction?

I have also got two PCNs; one in 2015 and second one in 2014).

Is any of above (FPN and PCNs) going to effect my ILR application (applying next month)?

Malik44

Re: FPN and PCNs

Post by Malik44 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:42 pm

ranarehan wrote:I got 3 points with £100 fine on a FPN for speeding offense two and a half years ago. By reading other posts, I understand that I should mention this in my ILR application. But I am confused that whether it is a court conviction (the letter I got was from HM Courts & Tribunal which says FPN) or a normal FPN without court conviction?

I have also got two PCNs; one in 2015 and second one in 2014).

Is any of above (FPN and PCNs) going to effect my ILR application (applying next month)?
PCN you don't need to declare on Set(O) form and regarding FPN its also don't need to declare unless you get points from court.

''In order to be safe side even if you declare FPN on ILR it won't effect your ILR application''.

ranarehan

Post by ranarehan » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:26 pm

Malik44 wrote:PCN you don't need to declare on Set(O) form and regarding FPN its also don't need to declare unless you get points from court.

''In order to be safe side even if you declare FPN on ILR it won't effect your ILR application''.
Thanks for you reply. Can you help me understand how do I know if the points I got are from court? In my case, I didn't go to court but the letter I got was from 'HM tribunal courts.

ranarehan

Post by ranarehan » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:51 pm

I have now got SAR and basic disclosure, and the letters say no conviction record found so I can assume that I am okay to apply ILR?

ranarehan

Entry stamp missing from Passport

Post by ranarehan » Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:10 pm

About 3 years ago when I was traveling back from Dublin to London, I was told (along-with other passengers from same flight) on airport that passengers coming from Dublin don't need to queue up on the passport counters. I think we were taken straight to the baggage claim place so I missed the immigration counter and no stamp was recorded on my passport. Purpose of my visit to Dublin was to attend Microsoft interview for 2 days.

Now that I am going to apply for ILR, how am I going to prove that I came back to UK after staying 2 days in Dublin?

Member of Standing

Re: Entry stamp missing from Passport

Post by member » Sun May 01, 2016 12:50 am

ranarehan wrote:About 3 years ago when I was traveling back from Dublin to London, I was told (along-with other passengers from same flight) on airport that passengers coming from Dublin don't need to queue up on the passport counters. I think we were taken straight to the baggage claim place so I missed the immigration counter and no stamp was recorded on my passport. Purpose of my visit to Dublin was to attend Microsoft interview for 2 days.

Now that I am going to apply for ILR, how am I going to prove that I came back to UK after staying 2 days in Dublin?
Did your passport get stamped when you left for Dublin?

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sun May 01, 2016 11:00 am

ranarehan wrote:I have now got SAR and basic disclosure, and the letters say no conviction record found so I can assume that I am okay to apply ILR?
Yes.

And, keep your ILR queries in a single topic.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

RRSB2012

Post by RRSB2012 » Mon May 02, 2016 10:00 am

Ranarehan

I flew from Shannon to Heathrow and did not go through immigration. This is because Ireland is in common travel area. I stayed for 9 days in Ireland and declared that in my list of travels in ILR application (section 6). I didn't had any issues at ILR.

Hope this helps
R

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon May 02, 2016 11:13 am

RRSB2012 wrote:Ranarehan

I flew from Shannon to Heathrow and did not go through immigration. This is because Ireland is in common travel area. I stayed for 9 days in Ireland and declared that in my list of travels in ILR application (section 6). I didn't had any issues at ILR.

Hope this helps
R
If you didn't have ILR at the time then you would have needed an Irish visa.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

ranarehan

ILR and Tier1 dependent appication

Post by ranarehan » Tue May 03, 2016 12:00 am

Thanks guys for sharing your knowledge and experience!

Appreciate if you can help with following queries:

Do I need to bundle mine and my dependent applications into one if we both apply by post?

if I have to send two forms with evidences for each form requirements in one post then what is the best way to split the applications? :idea:

In my case, I am applying for ILR SET(O) and my wife is applying for Tier-1 General Dependent extension.

Thanks!
Last edited by ranarehan on Tue May 03, 2016 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

ranarehan

Re: Entry stamp missing from Passport

Post by ranarehan » Tue May 03, 2016 12:04 am

member wrote:Did your passport get stamped when you left for Dublin?
No, they don't stamp on exit as far as I know.

tg2016
Newly Registered

Post by tg2016 » Tue May 03, 2016 8:47 am

Coincidentally I was exactly in your situation when I applied for ILR in Feb.

I had a £100 FPN and 3 points pn my DL for speeding in the motarway. My solicitor went through my case and advised me that since its not a court conviction I need not mention my FPN and points cut. My application was successful.

Hope this helps.

ranarehan

Post by ranarehan » Tue May 03, 2016 8:31 pm

tg2016 wrote:Coincidentally I was exactly in your situation when I applied for ILR in Feb.

I had a £100 FPN and 3 points pn my DL for speeding in the motarway. My solicitor went through my case and advised me that since its not a court conviction I need not mention my FPN and points cut. My application was successful.

Hope this helps.
Thanks, yeah that is helpful.

Just to reiterate the questions I asked before, if someone can help:

Do I need to bundle mine and my dependent applications into one if we both apply by post?

if I have to send two forms with evidences for each form requirements in one post then what is the best way to split the applications? :idea:

ranarehan

Cohabitation proof

Post by ranarehan » Thu May 05, 2016 9:42 pm

Me & my partner lived in a rented room (sub-let) for 5 moths but we don't have letting agreement for that period. Would it be okay if we get a letter from the person who was letting the whole property confirming that we were living there? what information should be present on the letter?

ranarehan

Post by ranarehan » Fri May 06, 2016 11:12 am

i know there are very knowledge people helping others on this forum. If you can have a look at my questions and advise, that would be highly appreciated. Thanks :)

ranarehan

Re: Cohabitation proof

Post by ranarehan » Sun May 08, 2016 12:51 am

ranarehan wrote:Me & my partner lived in a rented room (sub-let) for 5 moths but we don't have letting agreement for that period. Would it be okay if we get a letter from the person who was letting the whole property confirming that we were living there? what information should be present on the letter?
Still waiting for any advice on that :roll:

RRSB2012

Re: Tier 1 (General) ILR

Post by RRSB2012 » Tue May 10, 2016 9:08 am

Ranarehan,

I think a letter from main tenant would help. However I would rather you make a sublet agreement (a simple one) and include names of both you and your partner on it. That would be a more conclusive evidence.
Hope this helps.
Cheers
R

ranarehan

Post by ranarehan » Tue May 10, 2016 10:29 pm

RRSB2012 wrote:Ranarehan,

I think a letter from main tenant would help. However I would rather you make a sublet agreement (a simple one) and include names of both you and your partner on it. That would be a more conclusive evidence.
Hope this helps.
Cheers
R
Thanks for your advise and it makes sense. Appreciate if you can share some sample text for sublet agreement.

ranarehan

Post by ranarehan » Mon May 16, 2016 8:42 pm

Am I required to attach all time employment / tax history with my ILR application or its optional?

ranarehan

Post by ranarehan » Sun May 22, 2016 9:57 am

By the grace of ALLAH, My ILR application got successful! :)

This forum has been very helpful so THANKS to you all for sharing your experiences and knowledge!

About my case:
  • Form: SET (O)
    Route: Tier 1 General
    PEO: Croydon
    Total Time: 5 hours
    'Under consideration' time: 40-50 minutes
    Earnings from full-time employment in last 5 years
    No earning from self-employment in last 5 years
    Self employment: 2010-2011 (initial Tier-1)
    Amendments done for 2010-2011: Yes
    Total absences in last 5 years = less than 180
Original documents in following order and then photocopies of each document (excluding application form) in same order:
  • Passports
    Biometric Resident Permit
    Online Payment Confirmation
    Application Form with 2 photographs (full name on the back of each photo)
    Life in the UK
    Basic Disclosure
    SAR from Police National Computer
    Last 12m Salary Slips
    Letter from current Employer stating current salary, job title and earnings breakdown for last 12 months
    A kind of recommendation letter from line manager which included short description of company work, my skills & responsibilities and my importance to the business
    Absences letters from current and past employers (covering last 5 years)
    Initial Tier-1 grant letter
    CV
Croydon PEO Experience:
I had very bad impression of Croydon PEO before - don't know why. But it was very good experience overall. When I entered building, I was asked for proof of booking. I showed them the email and they were okay with that. Then they asked me to pass through the security which was very similar to airport security: put all things into a tray, empty your pockets, take the belt off etc etc. After clearing the security I went to 3rd floor via stairs. If you have mobility requirements then there are also lifts to take you up to 3rd floor.

I went straight to customer service desk where they took my current passport, biometric resident permit and application form. I was asked if I am doing self-employment which I answered "no". Very nice guy because we started talking things off the topic like trains and ticketing system in UK :) No extra self-employment form was given to me. Then the guy entered my details on the system, gave all documents back to me, generated a ticket number for me and asked me to wait in cafeteria. I was able to go out of the building, have some food and come back into the building without any issues. There are screens everywhere on 3rd floor to tell your ticket progress in one of:
  • Case Registration
    Biometric Collection
    Waiting Consideration
    Under Consideration (when case worker starts looking into your case)
    Ready for Collection
People were nice with me at every phase of application progress. The lady who was doing case registration for me started talking about Christmas cakes and her family. They helped reduce my nervousness and boost my confidence. Of course, there is no guarantee that all staff would be as nice as that lady was. When doing the case registration they don't accept any folders because they have their own folder. Things they asked me in following order:
  • Passports
    Biometric Resident Permit
    Online Payment Page + Application form together
    All original documents
    All photocopies of original documents
If you already have things in order then it would take less time and case registration person will be happy too. So, I registered my case, went for biometric and then waited in cafeteria to see the progress of my application. 1 hour after doing biometric my ticket number moved to ready for collection - no interaction with case worker, no questions asked and application successful!

Only unusual thing for me was that ILR duration was till 2024 rather than 2026. The guys explained that there is issue in the system and its not going beyond 2024. Then I asked how do I extend if I need to in future. The guy replied that you will complete a form called 'NTL' if I remember correctly. They kept application form, absences letters and biometric resident permit card and returned all other documents back to me.

Regarding Tier-1 dependent extenation application, I was told that I don't even need to attach the ILR success letter with dependent's application because they already have main (my) ILR success details in the system so nothing to worry about.

Hope this will help others and best of luck to all.

screenprint

Post by screenprint » Sun May 22, 2016 10:33 am

Congratulation and enjoy your Freedom ! :D

ranarehan

Post by ranarehan » Sun May 22, 2016 6:14 pm

For Tier-1 General Dependent extension application, what documents we should provide for showing subsisting relationship?

kautya

Post by kautya » Mon May 23, 2016 2:23 pm

ranarehan wrote:For Tier-1 General Dependent extension application, what documents we should provide for showing subsisting relationship?
If you are using the online application route and your wife is already in the UK then very minimal documentation is required. Bank statements confirming maintenance of funds, the online application form,IHS payment reference number and the checklist print with Passport and photos. And thats about it.

ranarehan

Post by ranarehan » Mon May 23, 2016 9:57 pm

kautya wrote:If you are using the online application route and your wife is already in the UK then very minimal documentation is required. Bank statements confirming maintenance of funds, the online application form,IHS payment reference number and the checklist print with Passport and photos. And thats about it.
My wife applying in person and yes she is already in the UK.

What is the checklist print?

Are you sure we don't need any proof for current and previous residence?

smartofficer
Mood:
Wales

Post by smartofficer » Tue May 24, 2016 9:22 am

Hello Guys. 1 quick question

I have ordered my 5 years history from HMRC. And i got to know that during my second extenstion 2012-13 i have claimed my earning from 4th may 12 to 5th may 13 was more than 35k. But tax return from 6th april 12 to 5th april 13 was under 35K . The earning was claimed from may 12 to may 13. But tax return was 6th april 12 to 5th april 13. So i am just wonder HMRC got all 6th april to 5th april. How they going to find out that I have paid correct taxes according to earning claims. Because there was gap of 1 month and extra 1 month during tax years.
But there was not tax amendments which i have claimed and paid tax on all earnings which ever i claimed.

Because when we file to HMRC we cannot hide the gap months which i showed to UKBA. That means 1 income which we claimed to UKBA in past 12 months is going to Split in 2 years end to HMRC.

In my case may 12-may13 income is going in 2 slots.
1. 6th april 2012- 2013
2. 6th april 2013 -14.

Please guide me. By the way I am going to have detailed discussion on monday with my Accountant.

I am afraid that Might be the reason some of cases got refusal.

I welcome discussion on it. So that we know how we can secure legally and with all truth and get prepared if anything get refusal on that cases.

still waiting in my case.