ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unsuccessful applications

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kankerot

Re: Unsuccessful Naturalisation (AN) applications

Post by kankerot » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:39 pm

So those that were refused their BC applications did they receive any request for further information?

Rassel

Post by Rassel » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:53 am

Befor refuse they will ask all necessary document.
After refusal or reconsideration, They didn't ask normally.

behold2014

Post by behold2014 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:22 pm

Was kimo asked for more document?and how did he declare his illegal time in uk

Rassel

Post by Rassel » Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:59 pm

As noajthan mention » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:17 pm

If subject to discretion it shows discretion can work in both ways.

if he send support document how he living uk during that period 2005-2009, and can prove he is not involve any kind of illegal works.
Again depends on case worker, chance is 50 50.

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

Post by babe_khyber » Sat May 07, 2016 12:44 pm

Finally got refusal letter yesterday.
Applied back in Feb 2014.
Decision made on 1st May 2016.
Received refusal letter on 5th May 2016.
Thinking for reconsideration in few days.
Best regards
Babe khyber

ohara
Diamond Member

Post by ohara » Sat May 07, 2016 1:36 pm

babe_khyber wrote:Finally got refusal letter yesterday.
Applied back in Feb 2014.
Decision made on 1st May 2016.
Received refusal letter on 5th May 2016.
Thinking for reconsideration in few days.
Best regards
Babe khyber
Wow, 2 years and 3 months to reach a refusal. What were the reasons? :shock:

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

Post by babe_khyber » Sat May 07, 2016 5:52 pm

Finally I have received decision after 2 year 3 month but unfortunately that was refused by the point of asylum interview which is done in 2006. It's totally discrimination because if a some one member of politically party member it doesn't mean the member were bed character. Secondly if the home office doubt why they grated asylum in the Immigration rules 10 year ago. Then at stage of Settlements ILR they concluded any investigation and didn't find anything than granted ILR in February 2013. After one year we applied Naturalisation application plus registration for children and they delayed decision for 2 year and 3 month letter they just refused and pointed your asylum interview you have confirmed you were member of the group which is against the government and American. But at December last year the home office Immigration minister sent a confirmation letter to my MP about any investigation against my involvement war crimes as been completed and didn't revealed any concerns about my character and also confirmed that my file allocated to caseworker for decision. Now they mentioned his refusal letter if you think our decision is wrong then you have right of reconsideration. Anyway I am thinking to instruct my solicitor for reconsideration the decision. There is any chance's in reconsideration one of my child is already British.
Let's see I have hoping.

Babe khyber

foufou

Post by foufou » Sat May 07, 2016 10:26 pm

babe_khyber wrote:Finally I have received decision after 2 year 3 month but unfortunately that was refused by the point of asylum interview which is done in 2006. It's totally discrimination because if a some one member of politically party member it doesn't mean the member were bed character. Secondly if the home office doubt why they grated asylum in the Immigration rules 10 year ago. Then at stage of Settlements ILR they concluded any investigation and didn't find anything than granted ILR in February 2013. After one year we applied Naturalisation application plus registration for children and they delayed decision for 2 year and 3 month letter they just refused and pointed your asylum interview you have confirmed you were member of the group which is against the government and American. But at December last year the home office Immigration minister sent a confirmation letter to my MP about any investigation against my involvement war crimes as been completed and didn't revealed any concerns about my character and also confirmed that my file allocated to caseworker for decision. Now they mentioned his refusal letter if you think our decision is wrong then you have right of reconsideration. Anyway I am thinking to instruct my solicitor for reconsideration the decision. There is any chance's in reconsideration one of my child is already British.
Let's see I have hoping.

Babe khyber
I'm really sorry to hear this bad news broth , I was following your messages , its shocking after all this wait , I hope that u have your own passport to travel , did they say to u when u can apply again ?

Rassel

Post by Rassel » Sat May 07, 2016 10:59 pm

Very sad new!!!
No asylum ILR can't use own country passport.
Can travel only on special permission if
any of family member passed away.

Babe khyber best of luck for your.

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

Post by babe_khyber » Sun May 08, 2016 12:56 pm

The home office mentioned his refusal letter that you didn't disclosure you were member of organisation or supported to group which concerned to be terrorist. Also mentioned in refusal letter if you were still wish to be British you can apply but fresh application with new fee and new English language requirement but it not granted if before applying 19 April 2026. Honestly I was didn't hidden any information which is the home office didn't knew because. In 2006 I was told the same story the home office granted asylum in Immigration rules 1951 convention and I was granted Travel documents 2 time and third time at ILR Stage I fill as well the same declaration but I knew it was just discrimination by the home office due to my Muslim and race, faith. Even two time they refused my children as well who were resident of this country since 2006 and one of his brother is British. I am thinking for reconsideration if it is still refuse then may be going to high court for judicial review for the home office discrimited decision. Anyway thank you all of you who were disappointed to hear my refusal news.

Best wishes.
Babe khyber

kaila
Newly Registered

Post by kaila » Sun May 08, 2016 2:22 pm

hi i am new here i am kinda lost but I need some advice.
I made an application for naturalisation in 2014 and it was refused because I did it too early, I was given an indefinite leave to remain in 2010 before that I came here as an unaccompanied asylum seeker 14 going 15 yrs because from Liberia. i was given an discretion remain to leave for 2 years then was refused. i went to court several times until a judge refused my plead and deny me any appeal. i had to sign every 2weeks until i was granted indefinite to leave to remain.

I would like to know if with this breach of immigration i can still apply and also with the new good character where applicant have to to wait for 10 years does that relate to me.
Thanks

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun May 08, 2016 2:26 pm

babe_khyber wrote:The home office mentioned his refusal letter that you didn't disclosure you were member of organisation or supported to group which concerned to be terrorist. Also mentioned in refusal letter if you were still wish to be British you can apply but fresh application with new fee and new English language requirement but it not granted if before applying 19 April 2026. Honestly I was didn't hidden any information which is the home office didn't knew because. In 2006 I was told the same story the home office granted asylum in Immigration rules 1951 convention and I was granted Travel documents 2 time and third time at ILR Stage I fill as well the same declaration but I knew it was just discrimination by the home office due to my Muslim and race, faith. Even two time they refused my children as well who were resident of this country since 2006 and one of his brother is British. I am thinking for reconsideration if it is still refuse then may be going to high court for judicial review for the home office discrimited decision. Anyway thank you all of you who were disappointed to hear my refusal news.

Best wishes.
Babe khyber
Your long-running case and reaction to the outcome is certainly a testament to your patience.

A grant of ILR does not mean citizenship automatically follows or that concessions made at earlier stages can carry over because different legislation, requirements, degrees of discretion (etc etc) all apply.

The Home Secretary has no need to 'discriminate' (and discrimination by race, faith or etc would be illegal anyway) as every applicant's good character is decided on a balance of probabilities.

You can see the thought-processes likely to have been applied during the 2 years or so of weighing up and assessing your case, here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _D_v02.pdf
- eg ref section 5

Good luck.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

TimBC
Newly Registered

Post by TimBC » Thu May 12, 2016 2:15 pm

Hi all,

After a 13 month wait, finally some good news, my reconsideration was successful!

Update to timeline:
Initial application: 1/2015
Refusal: 2/2015
Reconsideration: 4/2015
Approval: 10th May 2016

Thinking of you all, and I hope to hear of your approvals soon.

Tx

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

Post by babe_khyber » Thu May 12, 2016 5:04 pm

Congratulations it is good news. Just share us your story what is the reason of your refusal? Did you involved Solicitor after refusal or just you filled reconsideration form. I was waiting for decision about 2year and 3 month but unfortunately at the end I gotten refusal letter. Now I am preparing a reconsideration application. Is there any other options for judicial review or high court appeal against the home office decision.
Best wishes for the next step.

Babe khyber

ali_hsn

Post by ali_hsn » Thu May 12, 2016 7:24 pm

TimBC what a news! Congrats!

Your approval has given me much needed hope - it's a shame what a missing certificate can do.
Hopefully we are not that far behind!
all is well that ends well

foufou

Post by foufou » Sat May 14, 2016 10:39 pm

hi all
two and half a month ago I sent a letter to the HO for update , today I received the answer for my request ( a joke answer :lol: )
in the letter saying : I can confirm that we received your application for reconsideration of the refusal ( really stupid because I knew that 10 months ago by checking the royal mail tracking number and the money detected from my account )
2- reconsideration requests are dealt with in date order ( its liar and I'm sure all of u are agree with me that this not true )
3- we will only deal with them out of turn if there are a compassionate reasons ( we saw some members here were waiting for years with a real compassionate reasons .I waiting for 16 years for me its compassionate the HO make me sick from waiting :lol:
4- as soon as the HO is in position to reach a decision we will notify you accordingly ( I hope I will still be alive at that time :lol: )

Rassel

Post by Rassel » Sun May 15, 2016 10:49 pm

your result received will soon.
May 2016 from 10th
nearly 5 reconsideration result
share in this immigration board.
foufou wrote:hi all
two and half a month ago I sent a letter to the HO for update , today I received the answer for my request ( a joke answer :lol: )
in the letter saying : I can confirm that we received your application for reconsideration of the refusal ( really stupid because I knew that 10 months ago by checking the royal mail tracking number and the money detected from my account )
2- reconsideration requests are dealt with in date order ( its liar and I'm sure all of u are agree with me that this not true )
3- we will only deal with them out of turn if there are a compassionate reasons ( we saw some members here were waiting for years with a real compassionate reasons .I waiting for 16 years for me its compassionate the HO make me sick from waiting :lol:
4- as soon as the HO is in position to reach a decision we will notify you accordingly ( I hope I will still be alive at that time :lol: )

ali_hsn

Post by ali_hsn » Tue May 17, 2016 3:07 pm

hi Rassel,

Can you please share those stats, I only saw TimBC's update.

Thanks

ali_hsn

Post by ali_hsn » Wed May 18, 2016 7:07 am

Hi all,

Good News - I came home to a missed delivery card yesterday. I have finally received my approval :) (dated 13 May)

Now waiting for ceremony and passport.

Once again thanks for all your support during the wait.

Regards.

Rassel

Post by Rassel » Wed May 18, 2016 12:16 pm

Very good news Ali hasan.
have a nice time.

ali_hsn wrote:Hi all,

Good News - I came home to a missed delivery card yesterday. I have finally received my approval :) (dated 13 May)

Regards.

foufou

Post by foufou » Wed May 18, 2016 7:15 pm

ali_hsn wrote:Hi all,

Regards.
congratulation mate , i know u my be not very exited any more as they waste your time , i sent my app for reconsideration in the same day as you ,i hope i will hear the good news soon :roll:

ali_hsn

Post by ali_hsn » Fri May 20, 2016 9:00 am

It will come foufou - I got a letter from MP too, informing me that decision has been made. It seems involving MP did help the case after all.

Below is my updated 13 month period journey timeline:

Eligibility criteria:5 Years Tier1 General + 1 Year ILR
Language criteria : Life in UK + PBS Calculator
Method of application: NCS
Date of application:10/Feb/2015
Payment method:Debit
Date of receipt by UKBA: 11/Feb/2015
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 16/Feb/2015
Date of acknowledgement: 16/Feb/2015
Request of original documents: 22/Jun/15
Email sent: 23/Jun/15
Refusal letter: 17/Jul/15
Appealed: 27/Jul/15
Fee deducted (again): 10/Aug/15
Date approval received: 17/May/16 (dated 13/May/16)
Ceremony invitation letter: waiting
Date of ceremony: Still waiting
Application of passports: Still waiting

Regards!

TimBC
Newly Registered

Post by TimBC » Sat May 21, 2016 7:57 am

Yay, I'm so happy for you!! May has definitely been a lucky month for us!!! :D

ali_hsn wrote:It will come foufou - I got a letter from MP too, informing me that decision has been made. It seems involving MP did help the case after all.

Below is my updated 13 month period journey timeline:

Eligibility criteria:5 Years Tier1 General + 1 Year ILR
Language criteria : Life in UK + PBS Calculator
Method of application: NCS
Date of application:10/Feb/2015
Payment method:Debit
Date of receipt by UKBA: 11/Feb/2015
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 16/Feb/2015
Date of acknowledgement: 16/Feb/2015
Request of original documents: 22/Jun/15
Email sent: 23/Jun/15
Refusal letter: 17/Jul/15
Appealed: 27/Jul/15
Fee deducted (again): 10/Aug/15
Date approval received: 17/May/16 (dated 13/May/16)
Ceremony invitation letter: waiting
Date of ceremony: Still waiting
Application of passports: Still waiting

Regards!

foufou

Post by foufou » Wed May 25, 2016 5:03 pm

hi every one , any body still waiting for reconsideration ? please update
I been waiting more then 10 months now still no news , thanks

Superlaylay
Newly Registered

Post by Superlaylay » Wed May 25, 2016 6:59 pm

foufou wrote:hi every one , any body still waiting for reconsideration ? please update
I been waiting more then 10 months now still no news , thanks
Have you considered asking the MP to contact Home office on your behalf?