ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR refused for late amendments

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

pakstar

Re: ILR Refused for late ammendments

Post by pakstar » Thu May 05, 2016 12:56 pm

Kumar295 wrote:
Haimi123 wrote:Hello, Just for your kind consideration I have been refused ILR due to tax discrepancie. Filed AR got refused. Filed Pre Action Protocol and got ILR. My view if you carry on uptill Pre Action Protocol application it will work your way in most cases. If it doesn't work then think of fresh application with detailed documents obtained from HMRC. Hope you agree.
FROM ILR REFUSAL TO ILR APPROVAL it took about 4 months in my case.

Hello Haimi,

I'm in the same boat with tax amendments , would be you able to suggest me what steps should I take to smoother my application.

regards,
Kumar
It is better if you request detailed summary of your tax returns for required period from HMRC and send that along with your application to HO. This will make HO job easy to consider your application in light of HMRC evidence with correct updated tax figures.

Good luck

mk_engr
Newly Registered

Post by mk_engr » Sat May 07, 2016 3:46 pm

Haimi123 wrote:Hello, Just for your kind consideration I have been refused ILR due to tax discrepancie. Filed AR got refused. Filed Pre Action Protocol and got ILR. My view if you carry on uptill Pre Action Protocol application it will work your way in most cases. If it doesn't work then think of fresh application with detailed documents obtained from HMRC. Hope you agree.
FROM ILR REFUSAL TO ILR APPROVAL it took about 4 months in my case.
Dear Hiami,
sorry i am going to bother you again, just want to know after submitting your PAP, in how many days did you received the reply? and how like call, email or post. normally, they reply you in 14 calender days.

Haimi123
Newly Registered

Post by Haimi123 » Sat May 07, 2016 11:51 pm

Hi, After submission of PAP i got reply via email and then by post within 4/5 days from Home Office for reconsidera
Got positive reconsideration within a month later.☺

raju4u

Post by raju4u » Sun May 08, 2016 1:41 am

@Haimi, howmany amendments you had? and did you provide them any reason for amending? what clauses they used in ur refusal? 322(2) or (5) plz reply if possible thanks

ILR2015-2016

Post by ILR2015-2016 » Sun May 08, 2016 7:39 am

Haimi123 wrote:Hi, After submission of PAP i got reply via email and then by post within 4/5 days from Home Office for reconsidera
Thanks Haimi!please can you advise the total cost of PAP?

mk_engr
Newly Registered

Post by mk_engr » Mon May 09, 2016 4:58 pm

Haimi123 wrote:Hi, After submission of PAP i got reply via email and then by post within 4/5 days from Home Office for reconsidera
hi Haimi,
thanks a lot for reply

Aju2016

Post by Aju2016 » Tue May 10, 2016 8:50 am

Hi Haimi,

Could you please share your PAP experience with us, it would be very helpful for all of us.

Were your application refused under 322(2) & 322(5) or both ?

Haimi123
Newly Registered

Post by Haimi123 » Wed May 11, 2016 12:26 am

Hi all, My ILR was refused vide paragraph 322(2).
And regarding PAP application it costs me £200/- only.

ILR2015-2016

Post by ILR2015-2016 » Wed May 11, 2016 7:55 am

Haimi123 wrote:Hi all, My ILR was refused vide paragraph 322(2).
And regarding PAP application it costs me £200/- only.
Many Thanks Haimi:)

AML2015

Post by AML2015 » Wed May 11, 2016 8:04 am

Hi Haimi

Its good to know that your PAP application cost only £200. Would be eager to meet your solicitor who did the PAP for yourself.

I have sent you a private message, would appreciate if you could get in touch.

Thanks

harimyfriend
Newly Registered

Post by harimyfriend » Thu May 12, 2016 5:23 am

Hey guys I'm in a similar situation. I went for a premium appointment at Sheffield for T1G to ILR. The CW asked for CT600 for both years where I used earnings from my limited company to support my T1G applications (2011 - original application and 2013 - extension). I had one for the original period (2011) but after asking my accountant (who has now left the country) he said he didn't even file a return for the second period (2013) when I extended my T1G. I then withdrew my ILR application as I knew I wasn't able to provide my CT600 for the 2013 period. My limited company has since been closed down. I'm going to reinstate the company, file a return, pay tax and then reapply. I know this looks extremely unlikely to succeed but I'm going to give it a try as I genuinely don't want to give up my last 9 years of being in the UK.

Thanks and good luck to all in the same situation.

zomby
Newly Registered

Post by zomby » Thu May 12, 2016 4:22 pm

Aju2016 wrote:
sunymalik wrote:Can i ask why you want to ammend in june 2016....why not now????

I dnt know how long hmrc take to.update the record but once amendment has done hmrc send letter explaining in details all ammended tax calculation and you can use those letters as a proof.... otherwise print out tax review statement or ask your accountant to do that for you....

Thanks
Hi Suny,

I have already sent my amendment on 5thApril but HMRC says they will revert back to me in mid of June 2016,
That's why I need to wait for HMRC to reply me.
Hi
I send my amendment on 7th jan but still waiting for update. I call hmrs every other day but they just giving me
Dates.

sifanaeem

Post by sifanaeem » Thu May 12, 2016 10:58 pm

I sent my amendments to HMRC on 26th Feb, got confirmation they received on 3rd March, 31st March the letter was handed over to a Technical officer to have a look at. Initially they gave me 8th May as the deadline to reply to me, but since 2 weeks ago they have delayed it until 17th May. So fingers crossed///

mk_engr
Newly Registered

Post by mk_engr » Sat May 14, 2016 8:41 pm

whoever is going to PSC they need to prepare these questions

Home Office Tier 1 SET (O) application tax questionnaire:

The questions asked on the form are as follows:
- 1 During your residence in the UK, have you worked in a self-employed capacity and been registered as self-employed or worked as the director or share-holder of a limited company?

- 2 What is/was the nature of your business as a self-employed person – select between sole trader/contractor/Limited company director or shareholder/ other?

- 3 Please confirm the financial years in which you were registered as self-employed in the UK?

- 4 For the financial years in which you have been registered as self-employed in the UK, please confirm the financial years for which a self-assessment tax return was submitted to the HMRC by you on on your behalf?

- 5 Please specify the type/nature /field of business you engaged in to generate income?

- 6 Did you use an accountant to assist in submitting your self-assessment tax return(s) to HMRC?

- 7 What is the name of the accountant you used?

- 8 Please confirm the type of documents that were used in order for yourself or your accountant to prepare your self-assessment tax returns? invoices/bank statements/ dividend vouchers/ payslips / other

- 9 Are you satisfied that the self-assessment tax returns submitted to HMRC accurately reflected your self-employed income?

-10 Any additional comments?

Sibu
Newly Registered

Post by Sibu » Sun May 15, 2016 11:12 pm

The new trend in ILR tax issue refusal is that HO is using among other grounds Section 322 (5) for refusal rather than 322(1A), 322(2),322(2A), which specifically deals with deception when dealing with other government agencies.

Is this because HO understand deception ground will not work once applicant has amended the tax return.

Section 322 (5) states the following;

"When caseworkers consider it is undesirable to
let an applicant, applying for leave to remain, stay because of their character, behaviour or
associations or they are a threat to national security.

The main types of cases you need to consider for refusal under paragraph 322(5) or referral
to other teams are those that involve criminality, a threat to national security, war crimes or
travel bans.
A person does not need to have been convicted of a criminal offence for this provision to
apply. When deciding whether to refuse under this category, the key thing to consider is if
there is reliable evidence to support a decision that the person’s behaviour calls into
question their character and/or conduct and/or their associations to the extent that it is
undesirable to allow them to enter or remain in the UK. This may include cases where a
migrant has entered, attempted to enter or facilitated a sham marriage to evade immigration
control"

This seems very stretched and outrageous to classify people with error in their tax history to be either national security threat or intend to evade immigration control.

If someone been law abiding through out the entire stay in UK, which would be nearly 5 year for most tier 1 (general) applicants, paid their taxes and doing professional jobs; how can HO classify them under this category?

Any one who has/going JR route, how you solicitors approaching refusal ground? It seems silly to be that this ground is used in the first place. Looks like HO is treading on thin ice here.

ddeshaval
Newly Registered

Post by ddeshaval » Mon May 16, 2016 2:15 pm

Hi Haimi123,

Congrats :)

I am on the same boat and my AR is refused. My Tax was all paid and amended on HMRC before I made application.

So, now I need to go for PAP i think.

Can you please email me your solicitor details

Thanks in Advance

aliq09
Member of Standing
Mood:
United States of America

Post by aliq09 » Mon May 16, 2016 9:01 pm

Hi ,

I am seeing mix trend , have a friend with tax issues ( 2010/ 11 ) , HMRC informed they can't do it so went straight to PEO croydon and his ILR was approved in 2 hours . I am really confused either he has done the tax returns with HMRC ( 2010/11) or it depends on case to case ... . some one is saying it's luck / depends on case worker but i can see allot of people wit this issue with no ILR. seniors please comment
Thanks

Ali

ranarehan

Post by ranarehan » Mon May 16, 2016 9:54 pm

By reading different posts, I can imagine that it does not really matter if you apply by post or in-person after making changes (amendments) to tax returns. Eventually, (depending on your luck) you might be asked to justify why you made amendments. So I think keep application simple to add bit of luck to your case.

mk_engr
Newly Registered

Post by mk_engr » Tue May 17, 2016 12:17 am

ddeshaval wrote:
Hi Haimi123,

I am on the same boat and my AR is refused. My Tax was all paid and amended on HMRC before I made application.

Thanks in Advance
Hi ddeshaval,
the same thing was happend with me on PEO. mine was ammended but i did not submit the proof that it was ammended e.g. letter from HMRC. they made the excuse in AR that they had record updated as of Jan 2015 and mine was amended in March 2016. did you submit the proof with your application from HMRC?
just want to know did you had the same scenario or lit a bit diffrent?

tg2016
Newly Registered

Post by tg2016 » Tue May 17, 2016 6:25 am

aliq09 wrote:Hi ,

I am seeing mix trend , have a friend with tax issues ( 2010/ 11 ) , HMRC informed they can't do it so went straight to PEO croydon and his ILR was approved in 2 hours . I am really confused either he has done the tax returns with HMRC ( 2010/11) or it depends on case to case ... . some one is saying it's luck / depends on case worker but i can see allot of people wit this issue with no ILR. seniors please comment
Yup I second it. there is a also a luck factor wherein the CW might not choose to dig past applications. This has a more likely chance if your present application is straight forward and salaried employment. then again its the discretion of the CW.

ddeshaval
Newly Registered

Post by ddeshaval » Tue May 17, 2016 10:17 am

mk_engr wrote:
ddeshaval wrote:
Hi Haimi123,

Thanks in Advance
Hi ddeshaval,
the same thing was happend with me on PEO. mine was ammended but i did not submit the proof that it was ammended e.g. letter from HMRC. they made the excuse in AR that they had record updated as of Jan 2015 and mine was amended in March 2016. did you submit the proof with your application from HMRC?
just want to know did you had the same scenario or lit a bit diffrent?

Hi mk_engr,

I have shown proof and records were all updated in HMRC before i went for PEO.

I have no outstanding at all and paid what i have shon in my previous application. Infact paid all charges as well.

I am worried if it will go through or not in PAP or JR....?

And can I work if I go for PAP.....?

Please advice... Thanks

mk_engr
Newly Registered

Post by mk_engr » Tue May 17, 2016 10:41 pm

Hi ddeshvel,
I have searched a lot if someone apeared before the JR. but could not find any case. that means mostly cases are going to settle before JR hearing or like Hiaimi in PAP. HO making a mistake they will be beaten like HSMP JR and Toeic english language case JR. the only thing we need to unite to beat them for their unfair decesions.
once you are rejected in AR and have no valid leave (visa expired) then definatley can not work legally after AR.
best of luck

raj0011
Newly Registered

Post by raj0011 » Wed May 18, 2016 6:16 am

@ Haimi123

Hi Haimi could you please send me your contact details. I need your advice and solicitors detail urgent.
Thanks

raj0011
Newly Registered

Post by raj0011 » Wed May 18, 2016 6:21 am

Hi guys ,
this forum is very helpful.
I am sorry to read so many refusal cases. HO is not treating us right.

I need some serious advice. I have spent 9.5 yrs ( 5 tier 1 General and + Psw + student ) I am going to apply for ILR on june 15th. I have sent my 2011 tax amendment a week ago by post and don't know how long its going to take to update on HRMC system .

I am applying ILR by post on 15th June. What tax Documents you suggest I shall send so HO .

Please let me know if you need to know more.
Thanks

screenprint

Post by screenprint » Wed May 18, 2016 6:56 am

@raj0011

Keep it simple mate and do not send any tax document. ( The fact is they do have access to HMRC data and they can see your tax history if the chose to do so or not depending on case worker, I would suggest u not to mention/send any thing related to your tax amendment, By explaining your tax history and discrepancy you are giving them a reason to dig deep into your past tax history and application, which they could do any way depending on a CASE worker, so no guarantee. But if you are lucky they can chose not to do so specially as you are applying on 10 Year ILR ), 10 Year ILR is Based on Human Right Article and Carry a very strong Case and if they refuse you on tax discrepancy ground than you will get a right of appeal.

Also you have mention that you have send your tax amendment documents to HMRC, So at-least you have done to rectify your past mistake/error which stand a good chance in appeal ( if situation come to that)

Good Luck and Post your Application and don't go to PEO.