ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Queries regarding ILR (& my partner's elligibility for I

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mr_pankaj

Queries regarding ILR (& my partner's elligibility for I

Post by mr_pankaj » Fri Dec 17, 2004 10:14 pm

Dear Friends,

Need your help please.

CASE:
I am in UK on WP with a total of 72 days outside UK in 3 years and 11 months and I think I become elligible to apply for ILR on 20th March 2005. (my Passport was stamped on 18th April 2001).

I intend to apply in person by taking prior appointment with Croydon PEO on/arround 7th March 2005, with the following documents ready:
(a) Completed ILR Form { think its called SET(O) }
(b) Passport
(c) All the original Work Permit's I have pocessed, while my stay in UK.
(d) Letter from my employer stating - "I'll continue to work with them".
(e) Bank Statements for last 3/4 months
(f) Salary Statement for last 3/4 months
(g) P60 for last 3 years.
(h) Letter of secondment issued at the time I was offered the assignment.
(i) Few Utility Bills.

QUERY:

(i) Am I forgetting any document that I am missing here ?

(ii) I am planning my wedding in Feb 2005 (approx. just a month before I apply for ILR) - would it automatically make my partner elligible to apply for ILR along with me (i.e. is there any minimum term we should be married, before she becomes elligible?) ?

(iii) Would I need to present any document i.e. Utility Bill etc. (other than the original Marriage Certificate), to prove my wife has been living with me for some time, if so what are those ?

Thanks in advance. :lol:
--------------------------------
Peace,
Pan

mr_pankaj

Post by mr_pankaj » Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:15 pm

Any thoughts ?
Peace,
Pan

mr_pankaj

Post by mr_pankaj » Mon Dec 20, 2004 7:34 am

Hi,
Would appreciate some suggestions please ?
Peace,
Pan

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:07 am

mr_pankaj wrote:Hi,
Would appreciate some suggestions please ?
Be patient - you will get feedback once someone familiar with your queries has had a chance to 'digest' them. So please seat and wait - no point in providing repititive comments/questions
Where there is a will there is a way.

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:59 pm

pankaj,
(i) Am I forgetting any document that I am missing here ?
Details pertaining to your accomodation - mortgage or tenancy agreement. If the latter written consent of authority for your wife to reside at the premises from owner plus proof of ownership wtih appropriate utility bills. Best to wait till nearer to the application date then see what SET(O) form requires then.
(ii) I am planning my wedding in Feb 2005 (approx. just a month before I apply for ILR) - would it automatically make my partner elligible to apply for ILR along with me (i.e. is there any minimum term we should be married, before she becomes elligible?) ?
She would meet the requirement of the rules to be 'a dependent' but would need to be on a valid visa other than a visitors one. The Home Office may decide to review the case in greater detail to verify the genuineness of the marriage.
(iii) Would I need to present any document i.e. Utility Bill etc. (other than the original Marriage Certificate), to prove my wife has been living with me for some time, if so what are those ?
Yes - all that you have not forgeting her travel documents, police registration if required and photographs..again refer to SET(O) nearer to the time.

rock26
Newly Registered

Post by rock26 » Thu Dec 23, 2004 2:28 pm

Hi All!

I have the similar situation as mr pankaj and eligible to apply for ILR on 20 march 2005 (based on 4 year contineous employment on work permit with the same employer). The difference is in the number of absenses. Due to the nature of my work i am deployed on an overseas project for the last 2.5 years in the total 4 years period. In the ILR form the question regarding absenses is:

3.2.Since then have you had any absences of 3 months or more outside
the UK?

But my answer is 'NO' to this question because I have never broken the counter of 3 months and always travelled back to UK within 3 months , stayed for around 4 days and went back to the project.

My questions are that when I apply for ILR:
(1) do i still need to declare all of my absenses and obtain a letter from employer stating the reason for my absenses even my answer to question 3.2 is 'NO'?

(2)luckily in my latest passport there is only one visa stamp of the country where i am deployed for project, all the old stamps are in the previous passport. Do they ask for previous passports? because in case I don;t declare the absenses they might judge it from those stamps.

Thanks in advance

mr_pankaj

Questions regd. dependent visa

Post by mr_pankaj » Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:13 am

Hi,

A month after getting married(in mid feb), I wish to bring my partner to UK (in mid march), which is also exactly a month before my WP expiry date (in mid april), when I also become elligible for ILR.....

Question :
(a) Would my wife get the depenedent visa, knowing that my WP validity would just be a month ?
(b) What preventions should I be taking to ensure my wife gets the depenedent ILR along with me (remembering, she would have came to UK only for a month before I apply for ILR) ?

Please suggest ....
Peace,
Pan

mr_pankaj

Post by mr_pankaj » Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:53 pm

any thoughts please ?
Peace,
Pan

John

Post by John » Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:24 pm

any thoughts please ?
mr_pankaj, please stop posting reminders in this way. The last thing you want is hundreds of replies saying ... don't know!

I am sure if anyone knows the answer to your question then a meaningful reply will be forthcoming. If not, it won't!