ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Surrender of Passport & OCI

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

joshig
Newly Registered

Surrender of Passport & OCI

Post by joshig » Fri May 20, 2016 2:03 pm

Hello,
My query is regarding surrender of Indian Passport and application for OCI.

Is it possible to surrender the passport and apply for an OCI at the same time/appointment? Is there a joint application facility available? If yes, how can I get more information on the joint/combined application process?

I will be applying from London, UK as I have now obtained British citizenship.

Thanks in advance.

harv

Re: Surrender of Passport & OCI

Post by harv » Sat May 21, 2016 12:04 pm

Hi Joshig

I don't think that's possible as one of the requirements to submit an OCI application is to submit the surrender certificate as an evidence with the application.

So you would have to wait for your surrender certificate before applying for the OCI.

Hope this helps.
Feb 2012 - Spouse Visa - New Delhi
Mar 2012 - Documents collected - VISA Granted
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Apr 2015 - Applied for Naturalisation
Nov 2015 - Naturalised

joshig
Newly Registered

Re: Surrender of Passport & OCI

Post by joshig » Sat May 21, 2016 11:51 pm

Hi Harv
Thank you for your response. I am aware that surrender certificate is a requirement for OCI but I heard some people mentioning some sort of combined application process (similar to naturalisation + passport), where you can apply for both and the OCI application is automatically processed further to the surrender certificate being issued.

However, cannot find any further information online. I have tried to call the VFS numbers as well but no one ever answers.

Thanks for your reply though!