ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4 fast processing times or wishful thinking

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Música

Re: EEA4 fast processing times or wishful thinking

Post by Música » Wed May 25, 2016 5:09 pm

Arshsam wrote:Hi Nel,

applied on 28th Nov and yep taking ages .
arsham is going to be 6 months in 3 days... i think you should call them tomorrow, I agree with nel few people who applied in december already got it. Anyway they said they will make a decision whiting 6 months, so is time for you to call them and ask about your application

Arshsam

Post by Arshsam » Wed May 25, 2016 6:02 pm

Música wrote:
Arshsam wrote:Hi Nel,

applied on 28th Nov and yep taking ages .
arsham is going to be 6 months in 3 days... i think you should call them tomorrow, I agree with nel few people who applied in december already got it. Anyway they said they will make a decision whiting 6 months, so is time for you to call them and ask about your application
Called H.O today, surprised just few minutes wait and answered by some polite person, ask the query of my application status she said is with the caseworker, I'm still waiting and positive :-)

Carling and Bukee you both much before me, definitely make a call and ask...

Carling40
Australia

Post by Carling40 » Wed May 25, 2016 9:10 pm

Notjustok wrote:Hello Everyone,

EEA (PR) as Non- EEA Family Member (Retaining Right)

Here is my timeline.
Send application on : 04/11/15
Ho received on : 05/11/15
Payment taken on 10/11/15
Biometric letter dated on 13/11/15
Received on 19/11/15
Biometric done 24/11/2015
COA dated : 02/12/2015
PR Card : Still waiting

Update: My PR is refused on the 28-April-2016

Reason for refusal: Even though you meet all other residence requirements, you have failed to provide evidence that since your divorce on 14 October 2015 till the 4 November 2015 that your application was received by UK visa & immigration, you have been a worker, self employed person or a self sufficient person, how ever u have failed to provide evidence that you meet requirement of regulation 10(6) and you have therefore not retained a right of residence following divorce .

Update.....

Am glad to notify you that my application has been approved. after sending a reconsideration letter to the case worker. i receive a letter from the case worker this morning that my application has been approved and he also agree to have made an error in my previous refusal. see time line below.....

EEA (PR) as Non- EEA Family Member (Retaining Right)

Here is my timeline.
Send application on : 04/11/15
Ho received on : 05/11/15
Payment taken on 10/11/15
Biometric letter dated on 13/11/15
Received on 19/11/15
Biometric done 24/11/2015
COA dated : 02/12/2015
Refusal letter: 28/04/2016
Reconsideration letter sent on: 04/05/2016
Approval letter received: 20/05/2016
PR Card : Received together with approval 20/05/2016

I wish all of you good luck....

All the Best!
Hi Notjustuk

could you help with what steps you took for reconsideration request?

my application has been refused unjustly

"Your decree of absolute(divorce) certificate states you have been married for over 5 years and therefore the Home office can accept that you have been married for over 3 years and with the documents provided shows you have resided in the united kingdom for at least 1 of those years.

you would also need to provide evidence that the eea national was a qualified person and that you were therefore were residing in accordance with the regulation at the point of divorce. in order to do this you would need to provide evidence that the eea national was exercising free movement rights when the decree was issued"

"No evidence has been provided to show your former spouse was exercising treaty rights at time of divorce"

You have therefore failed to provide evidence that you meet the requirements of regulation 10(5) and you have not retained a right of residence following divorce, or that you have resided under the regulation for 5 continuous years to qualify for permanent residence.

here's the interesting bit, divorce was made absolute middle of October 2015, and i provided a profit and loss account statement from her accountant from April 2015 till 31 October 2015 and invoices from the same period, as tax return not due at time of divorce.

Arshsam

Post by Arshsam » Thu May 26, 2016 10:46 am

@ Carling,

Really Sad :-(

Please this is the time you have to be strong, and everyone at here trying and pray for you...

1. did you apply through solicitor or by yourself ?

2. Reconsideration letter + Appeal, what's your thinking ? go for both in my opinion...

3. Request "Notjustok" for reconsideration letter content, he's just done recently so that will help alot...

Don't you worry mate InshaAllah all going to be good.

Carling40
Australia

Post by Carling40 » Thu May 26, 2016 11:00 am

I don't think Notjustuk can get messages yet. Their guidelines suggest they won't reconsider if I've lodged appeal to time is paramount

Arshsam

Post by Arshsam » Thu May 26, 2016 11:18 am

Carling40 wrote:I don't think Notjustuk can get messages yet. Their guidelines suggest they won't reconsider if I've lodged appeal to time is paramount
ohhh ok, Carling, You had all the evidence which you required to proved that you deserved the PR. error made from their H.O side, profit and loss account with dates till 31 October 2015 not till 10 September 2015, once they realise that decision will come in your favour....

Música

Post by Música » Thu May 26, 2016 11:24 am

Arshsam wrote:
Carling40 wrote:I don't think Notjustuk can get messages yet. Their guidelines suggest they won't reconsider if I've lodged appeal to time is paramount
ohhh ok, Carling, You had all the evidence which you required to proved that you deserved the PR. error made from their H.O side, profit and loss account with dates till 31 October 2015 not till 10 September 2015, once they realise that decision will come in your favour....
H.O also make mistake at the end of the day they are human beings, so if you have all evidence go for appeal!

sillycrab

Post by sillycrab » Thu May 26, 2016 3:34 pm

Oh dear ,

still waiting for COA and Biometric Enrolment letter .
tomorrow will be one month since they took payment .

I believe the referendum in June affects the application process.

Música

Post by Música » Thu May 26, 2016 3:44 pm

sillycrab wrote:Oh dear ,

Yes sillycrap I was thinking same thing!! As we all know eea3 have priority over non EU and I believe a lot of European are applying, so that can be one of the things that an delaye eea4 application

nel974

Post by nel974 » Thu May 26, 2016 4:03 pm

Música wrote:

Yes sillycrap I was thinking same thing!! As we all know eea3 have priority over non EU and I believe a lot of European are applying, so that can be one of the things that an delaye eea4 application
I wonder what HO got to do with referendum, do they to organise/manage anything or have to shift resources in anyway?
Its wait of six and in many cases more, half year of our lives and even then, they are not smooth in what they do.

nel974

Post by nel974 » Thu May 26, 2016 4:04 pm

Música wrote:

I wonder what HO got to do with referendum, do they have to organise/manage anything or have to shift resources in anyway?
Its wait of six months and in many cases more, half a year of our lives and even then, they are not smooth in what they do.

Música

Post by Música » Thu May 26, 2016 5:26 pm

nel974 wrote:
Música wrote:

I wonder what HO got to do with referendum, do they have to organise/manage anything or have to shift resources in anyway?
Its wait of six months and in many cases more, half a year of our lives and even then, they are not smooth in what they do.
My understanding is that H.O have around 45 case worker so as I said more European are applying this year for eea3 in case something happen in June 23 so definitely they will solve eea3 application before eea4.. my husband and his friends are applying for eea3 this year, they never thought of doing that before, but now European are scare of the outcome

Arshsam

Post by Arshsam » Thu May 26, 2016 9:40 pm

Música wrote:

Agree, that's y the process going so much slow, because we are the second priority for them...

sillycrab

Post by sillycrab » Thu May 26, 2016 10:22 pm

Arshsam wrote:
Música wrote:

Agree, that's y the process going so much slow, because we are the second priority for them...
as I mentioned in my previous post my EEA husband hasn't applied for PR he said he doesn't need one and he's not worried about the June referendum.

So guys, what do you think? I personally think even if UK got voted out of EU, they can't kick everyone out of country, especially those who have exercised treaty rights like my husband himself and those who have been working legally and paying taxes for so many years.

If they ever kick us out EEA or non-EE, Britons who are living outside UK in Europe will be treated the same.

hsn86
Turkey

Post by hsn86 » Thu May 26, 2016 10:34 pm

You are right. It looks impossible. Even if they leaves EU, probably they would continue free movement. See the details below. EU people providing a big work power to UK, without that power, UK would have so big difficulties.

--------source: http://www.migrationwatchuk.org/briefing-paper/354
There are around 1.2 million British born people living in another EU country, according to figures provided by the UN. Around 800,000 will be workers and their dependants. This is much less than the estimated 3.3 million people born in another EU country who now live in the UK, of which 2.1 million are working.
sillycrab wrote:
Arshsam wrote:
Música wrote:

as I mentioned in my previous post my EEA husband hasn't applied for PR he said he doesn't need one and he's not worried about the June referendum.

So guys, what do you think? I personally think even if UK got voted out of EU, they can't kick everyone out of country, especially those who have exercised treaty rights like my husband himself and those who have been working legally and paying taxes for so many years.

If they ever kick us out EEA or non-EE, Britons who are living outside UK in Europe will be treated the same.

Música

Post by Música » Fri May 27, 2016 5:46 am

Yes everything sound very complicate.. I don't think they can't kick out people like that, but if uk vote out the idea is get rid of everyone.. To be honest I think they will remain in, but we still have to wait till next month. So we have to wait and pray to see what happen. Good Friday to everyone one and hopefully good news come soon.

guidov
Newly Registered

Post by guidov » Fri May 27, 2016 8:49 am

We made an application for PR based on unmarried EEA family member and just received back the PR card and all documents.

This is the timeline:
Sent application: 07/12/15
Biometric letter: 20/12/15
COA dated : 13/01/2016
PR Card date: 23/05/2016
PR card received: 25/05/2016
Documents returns: 26/05/2016

tolani01
Newly Registered

Post by tolani01 » Fri May 27, 2016 9:27 am

guidov wrote:We made an application for PR based on unmarried EEA family member and just received back the PR card and all documents.

This is the timeline:

Congrats,
But what do you mean by unmarried? Please explain further about
1. Your status before the application?
2. Any child/children between both.

Thanks

Arshsam

Post by Arshsam » Fri May 27, 2016 11:59 am

guidov wrote:We made an application for PR based on unmarried EEA family member and just received back the PR card and all documents.

This is the timeline:
Congratulations Guidov :-)

Thanks for sharing your timeline ....

sillycrab

Post by sillycrab » Fri May 27, 2016 12:13 pm

The government wants to remain in the EU. and if the UK remains in the UK, they'll probably impose new immigration rules without affecting those who have been here for so many years.

Música

Post by Música » Fri May 27, 2016 2:42 pm

Congrats! Now you can enjoy a new life! Do you guys think that applying joint eea3 and eea4 is quicker or same?

sillycrab

Post by sillycrab » Fri May 27, 2016 3:04 pm

Dear all,

Just phoned the HO.

The lady said nowadays biometric enrolment letters sent 4-5 weeks after payment taken and COA after that. She's advised me to phone again if I do not receive biometric enrolment letter in next two weeks .

Hope this help.

Arshsam

Post by Arshsam » Fri May 27, 2016 3:14 pm

sillycrab wrote:Dear all,

Just phoned the HO.

The lady said nowadays biometric enrolment letters sent 4-5 weeks after payment taken and COA after that. She's advised me to phone again if I do not receive biometric enrolment letter in next two weeks .

Hope this help.

You do the right thing, hopefully in next few days you will receive it ...

guidov
Newly Registered

Post by guidov » Fri May 27, 2016 4:58 pm

tolani01 wrote:

This is the timeline:

Congrats,

Thanks

We used the unmarried EEA route where we have been cohabiting for the last 5 years without being married and no children. I am the EEA citizen and my partner is considered to be my family member but we do not have a marriage certificate. It requires more documents to prove that we have been cohabiting for the 5 years and form a family unit.

tolani01
Newly Registered

Post by tolani01 » Fri May 27, 2016 9:01 pm

guidov wrote:
tolani01 wrote:

This is the timeline:

Congrats,

Thanks

We used the unmarried EEA route where we have been cohabiting for the last 5 years without being married and no children. I am the EEA citizen and my partner is considered to be my family member but we do not have a marriage certificate. It requires more documents to prove that we have been cohabiting for the 5 years and form a family unit.
Thanks
But i still need to get something clear,
1. What was your partner's status?
2. What are those documents to prove the cohabiting?
3. Is it possible as a former spouse of an eea national with divorce, after getting pr, can i apply for my non eea partner i mean the father of my 5yrs and 2yrs sons who lives with me since i got seperated before my divorce to an eea national?
4. Do i ve to remarry again before i can apply for my children's father?
Please put me through.