ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

February 2014 application confirmed

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

londonqueen
Newly Registered

February 2014 application confirmed

Post by londonqueen » Tue May 17, 2016 9:03 am

babe_khyber wrote:Applied AN + 2MN1 Registration through NCS.
Date 20 February 2014.
H/O received on 24 Feb 2014.
Acknowledged received on 1st Mar 2014.
Dated on 26th February 2014.
Waiting for 2 year to investigation which is now completed and I am clear to concerned good character. MP were involved. Now requested for further information which I had sent off on 21 January 2016.
Approval waiting.
Ceremony waiting.
Finger crossed.
Babe khyber
Hi Babe K.
I had to come back and give you an update.
Sorry I haven't been coming on here, because I just got tired of the frustration and the emotional madness HO has put me through all these years.
For over a year, after my refusal, I requested for a reconsideration, I also asked for a direct contact with the person dealing with my case, but the HO ignored me.
In one of my many correspondence requesting for reviews via my MP and complaining , they mistakenly put a phone number and an email of my case worker. Since January I am been disturbing the man in charge to sort my case out.
By March he told me not to worry I should hear a decision within 10 days, If I dont hear anything I should call him back. That is what I have been doing for the past 3 months. I have always gotten the usual, dont worry in the next 10 days you will be fine or call me back. He said he gave my case to someone to research and deal with my claims against their refusal.

He seem very nice and willing to help. But after hearing the same thing over and over again I was gradually beginning to pull my hair out, but continued to remain calm and friendly when we speak on the phone.

Yesterday. I spoke to him and he told me 'CONGRATULATIONS, YOU HAVE BEEN APPROVED!' I was shocked, but I honestly still dont believe it until I get letter in my hand.
But he assured me that I will get the letter in the next 10 working days.
Their was no feeling of achievement or excitement anymore, because of how hard it has been.

So I am waiting now.......(If he is right in congratulating me or not) I have to see the letter to believe it.

I am so sorry about your case, but dont give up. Keep disturbing them, tell your MP to help you get a direct connection with the person who is dealing with your case.

I'll continue updating you if or when I get the letter or not.

I applied 18/February/2014

londonqueen
Newly Registered

Re: February 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

Post by londonqueen » Fri May 20, 2016 12:04 pm

As promised. I got my brown letter today. Approved dated 12 May 2016.
No excitement.
Now waiting for the ceremony.

You are still in my thoughts.

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

Post by babe_khyber » Sat May 21, 2016 4:35 pm

Londonqueen, Congratulations for your approval.
I was waiting for decision up to 2 year and 2 month but at the end gotten refusal letter. How ever I am thinking to submitting reconsideration application in coming week Insha Allah.
Best wishes for your next and last step.
Babe khyber

londonqueen
Newly Registered

Post by londonqueen » Fri May 27, 2016 4:11 pm

babe_khyber wrote:Londonqueen, Congratulations for your approval.
I was waiting for decision up to 2 year and 2 month but at the end gotten refusal letter. How ever I am thinking to submitting reconsideration application in coming week Insha Allah.
Best wishes for your next and last step.
Babe khyber
Yes I did the same thing last year March 2015, when I was refused. I paid the £80 reconsideration fee and applied with supporting documents proving my eligibility for naturalisation. Telling them their reason for refusal was wrong .
Someone did not research my file appropriately. Being that my route was refugee like you too, I felt they do not take our cases seriously.
You need to chase them and continue hassling them. Also contact your MP to help you too.
One year and some months later, they apologised on the phone and then approved my application.
Exactly 2 years and 3 months after my first application.
Very annoying, frustrating and emotionally draining, hence I am not celebrating.

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

Re: February 2014 application confirmed

Post by babe_khyber » Sat May 28, 2016 6:06 pm

Hi Londoners,
How long you were waiting for reconsideration decision after refusal. And secondly there is any banned in your refusal letter or no just says you were refused for good character as refugee. In my refusal letter the home office mentioned you didn't disclose in your AN form that you were were member of organisation or group that is why the home sectarry does not satisfied and you are refused. If you still wish to be a British citizen then you will apply in 2026 as a fresh applicant with new fees and new English language requirement. But also mentioned if you think our decision is wrong then you can apply for reconsideration we will looking again our decision and the outcome will be issues in due course. Now I am applying reconsideration because I didn't hidden anything. Secondly in last year December the Immigration minister for the home office sent letter to my MP and confirmed any investigation about my character concerned has been completed and didn't revealed any concerns about my character and file allocated to caseworker for decision. After 5 month I have gotten refusal letter which is totally unacceptable and clearly discrimination. Let's see what is going in the reconsideration process.
Best wishes.
Babe khyber

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

Post by babe_khyber » Sat May 28, 2016 6:06 pm

Hi Londoners,
How long you were waiting for reconsideration decision after refusal. And secondly there is any banned in your refusal letter or no just says you were refused for good character as refugee. In my refusal letter the home office mentioned you didn't disclose in your AN form that you were were member of organisation or group that is why the home sectarry does not satisfied and you are refused. If you still wish to be a British citizen then you will apply in 2026 as a fresh applicant with new fees and new English language requirement. But also mentioned if you think our decision is wrong then you can apply for reconsideration we will looking again our decision and the outcome will be issues in due course. Now I am applying reconsideration because I didn't hidden anything. Secondly in last year December the Immigration minister for the home office sent letter to my MP and confirmed any investigation about my character concerned has been completed and didn't revealed any concerns about my character and file allocated to caseworker for decision. After 5 month I have gotten refusal letter which is totally unacceptable and clearly discrimination. Let's see what is going in the reconsideration process.
Best wishes.
Babe khyber

1kiril
BANNED

Post by 1kiril » Sat May 28, 2016 7:59 pm

babe_khyber wrote:Hi Londoners,
Best wishes.
Babe khyber
How is this discrimination?

londonqueen
Newly Registered

Post by londonqueen » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:01 am

babe_khyber wrote:Hi Londoners,
Best wishes.
Babe khyber
Hi Babe Khyber,
Sorry about the late reply.
UPDATE: I finally had my citizenship ceremony earlier yesterday. So that is done and dusted now.

Back to your question:
I was refused on the 28 of March last year after waiting for a decision over a year and numerous letters of complaint from me and my MP, the refusal letter arrived 3 weeks letter, as soon as it arrived, I sent them a letter refuting their reasons. If you look back at my old posts you will see my experience in details.
I was sent another RECONSIDERATION FORM with a fee of £80. I filled the form and wrote a detailed reasons why their decision is wrong, attached my proofs and documents supporting my eligibility for naturalisation. Then sent the same letter to my MP asking for his support and help on my case. My MP obliged, and kept asking for more information on my behalf.

I was allocated a case working team leader, who was not respondent to my queries at first, but my constant pestering and mails yielded an email from an MP only allocated contact info, from there I spoke to someone in Scotland, who now gave me the details of my case worker. I did not stop messaging him.

So from March 2015 until January 2016 no correspondence. Then in mid January 2016, through one of my caseworkers generic responses, he mistakenly added his direct office phone number. I subsequently got to speak to him on the phone for the first time, he seemed very nice and sympathetic. He said they are trying their best and told me within two months or two weeks time, all would be sorted, that was the same response I got in March 2016. In May, I called him thinking of hearing the same call back in two months or two weeks time, only to hear that my application has been approved after a thorough investigation. I didn't believe him until the letter came through my post box few days later.

I think the duration for reconsideration is relative. My experience wont be the same as yours. Yours might be quicker than mine. Just keep disturbing them with mails, requests through your MP etc.

My duration from when I applied for consideration in April until May was over a year.
I hope that helps you in your journey. Do not give up.

My advice to you is to research the reason why they rejected your application and then write to them with documentation evidence supporting your eligibility.