ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Manual FPS

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

itpba

Manual FPS

Post by itpba » Sat May 28, 2016 8:59 am

Dear respected Members,

I have an issue and would like your help please. I asked my accountant to provide me FPS Reports and ha came up with an answer that the software he use does not produce FPS and he told me he already submitted each n everything to hmrc.
He also told me to provide him any format of FPS i need and he will put all the data from his system which is Already been submitted to Hmrc.

Can Anyone please help me where can i find a Sample of FPS so i take it to my accountant and he put all info in it? will any software provide such sample or is anywhere i can find a softcopy of it ? i will appreciate your help.

sm12
Diamond Member

Re: Manual FPS

Post by sm12 » Sun May 29, 2016 2:53 pm

Have you tried contacting HMRC? FPS can be sent by them if you've lost copies of your own payroll.

itpba

Post by itpba » Sun May 29, 2016 3:06 pm

sm12 wrote:Have you tried contacting HMRC? FPS can be sent by them if you've lost copies of your own payroll.
tnx for your response sm12. i have asked few people and they said hmrc will not send you FPS reports they can only send you in their own format the date which has been submitted to them but my accountant has already got the info but i need the sample of FPS so i can provide him and he will insert data to it.

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Sun May 29, 2016 3:14 pm

The FPS can have slightly different formats. It depends on the software. So I don't think it is a problem if you get it in their format as home office want to see you are reporting to hmrc correctly.
One person on this forum posted the format I will try to find the thread.

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Sun May 29, 2016 3:19 pm

http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 04505.html

Please click on the link and go down the page.
Dnf has posted what information should be there on the fps.

itpba

Post by itpba » Sun May 29, 2016 4:42 pm

sm12 wrote:The FPS can have slightly different formats. It depends on the software. So I don't think it is a problem if you get it in their format as home office want to see you are reporting to hmrc correctly.
One person on this forum posted the format I will try to find the thread.
Thanks for your response again. i knew that different softwares produce diff formats but my situation is my accountants software does not produce any at all and he is happy to do them manual but i wondered if i can find a sample which is acceptable by HO and then my accountant put info into that.thanks

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Sun May 29, 2016 5:08 pm

This was posted by dnf for fps format on the page posted above.
The fps data was:
Paye reference
Accounts Office reference
Name of the employee
NI Number
Address
DOB
Payment date
HMRC month
Number of periods covered
Contracted Hours per week
Tax Code
Taxable pay
Pay after statutory deductions
Tax
NIC table letter
Gross Earnings for NIC
Employers NIC
Employee NIC
Year to date Taxable Pay
Year to date Tax
NIC Letters and values (Year to date)
Sender ID
Contact email address
Transaction ID
Time stamp

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun May 29, 2016 5:11 pm

Moneysoft format is acceptable. Sample http://www.moneysoft.co.uk/images/guide ... 55x604.png

I highly suggest you download the software for free, enter the data and get the reports from the software itself.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

itpba

Post by itpba » Sun May 29, 2016 5:24 pm

zimba88 wrote:Moneysoft format is acceptable. Sample http://www.moneysoft.co.uk/images/guide ... 55x604.png

I highly suggest you download the software for free, enter the data and get the reports from the software itself.
Thank you zimba88. thats exactly what i was asking you are star.pls help me if possible,is it straight forward to download and use? i am away from my office now. i asked my accountant but he seems to be taking too long i would rather do it myself.

will it produce report for past period which has already been submitted to HMRC?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun May 29, 2016 7:59 pm

I have used the software and it is easy to use. You enter your employee details, their pay information and tax year and you generate the FPS reports. Cross check the reports with your P32s to make sure the information on the FPS reports are correct.
This is just a hack to get the FPS reports in a format HO wants, no RTI submissions should be done as this was already submitted by your accountant to HMRC.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

itpba

Post by itpba » Sun May 29, 2016 9:45 pm

zimba88 wrote:I have used the software and it is easy to use. You enter your employee details, their pay information and tax year and you generate the FPS reports. Cross check the reports with your P32s to make sure the information on the FPS reports are correct.
This is just a hack to get the FPS reports in a format HO wants, no RTI submissions should be done as this was already submitted by your accountant to HMRC.
Thank you zimba88. I will try this out. Much appreciate your help.Regards

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:26 pm

the FPS I got are monthly. hope it is ok.

ok do I need to sign each and every one of them ?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:35 pm

n8net wrote:the FPS I got are monthly. hope it is ok.

ok do I need to sign each and every one of them ?
If you submit your payroll information monthly, then you get an FPS report for each month. Sign and initial them as correct

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:26 pm

thanks zimba,

do I hv to write something like "I confirm the above to be correct" and and sign on every FPS ?

also, do I need the RTI receipts ?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:13 am

No

Atif786
Member of Standing

Post by Atif786 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:45 am

sm12 wrote:This was posted by dnf for fps format on the page posted above.
The fps data was:
Paye reference
Accounts Office reference
Name of the employee
NI Number
Address
DOB
Payment date
HMRC month
Number of periods covered
Contracted Hours per week
Tax Code
Taxable pay
Pay after statutory deductions
Tax
NIC table letter
Gross Earnings for NIC
Employers NIC
Employee NIC
Year to date Taxable Pay
Year to date Tax
NIC Letters and values (Year to date)
Sender ID
Contact email address
Transaction ID
Time stamp
Hi Zimba,
I have almost everything in my Fbs which is mentioned above however some critical details aare missing like..
Sender ID
Contact email address
Transaction ID
Time stamp

however my accountant give me 1 separate certificate for submission which is called FPS E-Filed
Certificate , but there is only certificate not indivisual for employees , it reads as follows
HMRC eTimestamp: 2015-06-27T16:13:19.654 ( YYYY-MM-DDTHH:MM:SS.SSS )
FPS E-Filed: FPS = 3
Congratulations: Your FPS document has been successfully
E-Filed by Internet to the HM Revenue & Customs.

am i on the right track or do i need to have
Sender ID
Contact email address
Transaction ID
Time stamp
on each and every fps of my employees ? i spoke to the accountant and he advised me that these fps can't be amended or resubmitted to the hmrc.
kindly advise
Atif

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:19 am

There is enough information in this thread for you to see what you need to submit. See the sample I provided

softwareluv
India

Post by softwareluv » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:33 pm

Hi guys, I got following format for FPS submissions for each employee from accountant from his payroll software. It literally has all information HO needs I think. Will this format work?
The reason I am asking is because it seems ok when you have just one record but when PDF has tens of such records and continues one after another next line, it becomes bit difficult to read. So I am just wondering if HO worker will have patience to go through it or he will just reject it?

It shows all pay details, taxes, start date, employee name, etc etc.

Are we allowed to just simply copy the data from it and manually make document in table format instead?

softwareluv
India

Post by softwareluv » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:59 pm

Hi Guys,
Please I need your opinion if this format will do or if it is ok to copy data from it and manually make document in table format?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:04 pm

softwareluv wrote:Hi Guys,
Please I need your opinion if this format will do or if it is ok to copy data from it and manually make document in table format?
HO wants FPS information regarding your employees but there is no format requirements. The best way to present that is via FPS reports sample as given above. The most important thing on FPS is the start dates

Meesha

Post by Meesha » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:30 pm

Hi Zimba88,
The format you put does not show start date of George but leaving date of prvious employ. My employes started fresh. Do you suggest that in that case their start date will appear on every FPS.
cheers
zimba88 wrote:Moneysoft format is acceptable. Sample http://www.moneysoft.co.uk/images/guide ... 55x604.png

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:39 pm

DOWNLOAD THE SOFTWARE PLEASE :idea: :idea:

Meesha

Post by Meesha » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:50 pm

This is the software my accountant using. I have seen it on his desktop. Why he is not able to generate same format?

have u generated this FPS with payroll manager?
zimba88 wrote:DOWNLOAD THE SOFTWARE PLEASE :idea: :idea:

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:28 pm

Meesha wrote:This is the software my accountant using. I have seen it on his desktop. Why he is not able to generate same format?

have u generated this FPS with payroll manager?
zimba88 wrote:DOWNLOAD THE SOFTWARE PLEASE :idea: :idea:
Yes, he should go to the month and the year in which your employees were hired and view relevant the FPS files. It will show you the Starters.
I assume that you have NOT changed accountants and your accountant is using the same software from the beginning.

Meesha

Post by Meesha » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:46 pm

Hi Zimba88,
Yes he is using the same software from start. He does not know how to put start dates on it. He showed me sample FPS which was not like your recomended version. I will inform him how to generate it as u mentioned.
Thanks