ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKBA To Charge For EEA Applications

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Prawo

Re: UKBA To Charge For EEA Applications

Post by Prawo » Wed May 25, 2016 7:16 pm

I read the UK charges the same fee for the registration certificate which in my opinion is incorrect.
The only requirements are stated in art. 8 par. 3 of Directive 2004/38/EC.
No fee is mentioned there. So the certificate has to be issued free as do other member states.
Anyone ever challenged this?

Besides such certificates do not seem to be issued as required in art. 8 par. 2:
A registration certificate shall be issued immediately, stating the name and address of the person registering and the date of the registration.

secret.simon

Re: UKBA To Charge For EEA Applications

Post by secret.simon » Sun May 29, 2016 4:45 pm

The fees are mentioned in Article 25, Paragraph 2 of the same Directive.
2. All documents mentioned in paragraph 1 shall be issued free of charge or for a charge not exceeding that imposed on nationals for the issuing of similar documents.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.