ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refugee to Citizenship Processing Times

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Asazi
Newly Registered

Refugee to Citizenship Processing Times

Post by Asazi » Fri May 27, 2016 7:44 pm

I have tried but failed to find a thread that would answer my question so I hope any of you can help.

From talking to some people and seeing some comments and experiences of babe_khyber and Londonqueen, am I correct in saying that it takes longer for them to process nauralisation applications for Refugee Settlement ILR applicants?

Unfortunately users tend not to specify their ILR type on the timeline template on the boords so it's hard to tell.

I sent mine in February and just about everyone has been processed now including those who applied in March.

Please could anyone who had a refugee ILR give me an indication of how long it took to get accepted for example: November 2015-February 2016 or 2 months e.t.c.

Thanks for your help, I'm sure it will help others too.

Asazi
Newly Registered

Re: Refugee to Citizenship Processing Times

Post by Asazi » Sun May 29, 2016 9:16 am

Bumping for responses.

LilyLalilu

Post by LilyLalilu » Sun May 29, 2016 11:40 am

Unfortunately, no one will be able to give you any indication on how long it takes - even if someone else's application was processed in 2 months, yours could still take 10 months for example, it's completely up to the caseworker and the individual application. Just be patient and once/if processing time is over the 6 month mark, contact your MP to chase things up with the Home Office.
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

Post by babe_khyber » Mon May 30, 2016 6:41 pm

It depends on the circumstances and also depends on the caseworker as well some caseworker has been reach the highest level of beloved that is why lost of refugees suffering from the processing period. In my case at ILR Stage granted within 4 month waiting but unfortunately at Naturalisation stage I was waiting for decision about 2 year and 2 and half months at the end received refusal letter as good character.
I think this help you about the processing.
Bebe khyber

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 30, 2016 6:53 pm

babe_khyber wrote:It depends on the circumstances and also depends on the caseworker as well some caseworker has been reach the highest level of beloved that is why lost of refugees suffering from the processing period. In my case at ILR Stage granted within 4 month waiting but unfortunately at Naturalisation stage I was waiting for decision about 2 year and 2 and half months at the end received refusal letter as good character.
I think this help you about the processing.
Bebe khyber
Kindly refrain from repetitively posting about what you claim are dearly beloved caseworkers who you claim have discriminated against you. They have not, they have simply followed the rules/laws. You were refused per your own post below.
babe_khyber wrote:Finally I have received decision after 2 year 3 month but unfortunately that was refused by the point of asylum interview which is done in 2006. It's totally discrimination because if a some one member of politically party member it doesn't mean the member were bed character. Secondly if the home office doubt why they grated asylum in the Immigration rules 10 year ago. Then at stage of Settlements ILR they concluded any investigation and didn't find anything than granted ILR in February 2013. After one year we applied Naturalisation application plus registration for children and they delayed decision for 2 year and 3 month letter they just refused and pointed your asylum interview you have confirmed you were member of the group which is against the government and American. But at December last year the home office Immigration minister sent a confirmation letter to my MP about any investigation against my involvement war crimes as been completed and didn't revealed any concerns about my character and also confirmed that my file allocated to caseworker for decision. Now they mentioned his refusal letter if you think our decision is wrong then you have right of reconsideration. Anyway I am thinking to instruct my solicitor for reconsideration the decision. There is any chance's in reconsideration one of my child is already British.
Let's see I have hoping.

Babe khyber
babe_khyber wrote:The home office mentioned his refusal letter that you didn't disclosure you were member of organisation or supported to group which concerned to be terrorist. Also mentioned in refusal letter if you were still wish to be British you can apply but fresh application with new fee and new English language requirement but it not granted if before applying 19 April 2026. Honestly I was didn't hidden any information which is the home office didn't knew because. In 2006 I was told the same story the home office granted asylum in Immigration rules 1951 convention and I was granted Travel documents 2 time and third time at ILR Stage I fill as well the same declaration but I knew it was just discrimination by the home office due to my Muslim and race, faith. Even two time they refused my children as well who were resident of this country since 2006 and one of his brother is British. I am thinking for reconsideration if it is still refuse then may be going to high court for judicial review for the home office discrimited decision. Anyway thank you all of you who were disappointed to hear my refusal news.

Best wishes.
Babe khyber
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon May 30, 2016 7:31 pm

babe_khyber wrote:It depends on the circumstances and also depends on the caseworker as well some caseworker has been reach the highest level of beloved that is why lost of refugees suffering from the processing period.

Bebe khyber
This doesn't make sense. Decisions are made on good character on the balance of probabilities.
This can obviously be complex and time-consuming involving a lot of wide-ranging enquiries.

The interested reader can get up to speed with HO guidance on these matters, here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _D_v02.pdf
- sections 5, 8, 9 & 10 appear particularly relevant.

If decisions were made simply on race (or some other simple physical factor) then decisions could be taken in days or weeks not in months or years.

Furthermore, based merely on media reports and generalising, it seems that many 21st century terrorist organisations have kept abreast of latest developments in organisational behaviour, both theory and practice.

For example, they may routinely practice psychological profiling and focus on wide-ranging demographics, including the most disadvantaged in society.

Via sophisticated and well-organised HR and media/PR departments, it seems many groups also recruit from amongst many races and ethnicities.
Admittedly not all fronts are covered equally and, typically, progress still remains to be made with the LGBT communities.

However, and again speaking generally so as to protect the innocent, if such organisations can be considered to be non-dearly beloved then its hard to understand how decisions about association or membership (or non-membership) could be deemed dearly beloved.
The race card is simply not in the picture.

With apologies to member Asazi who is patiently standing by for more members' contributions on Refugee to Citizenship Processing Times.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Asazi
Newly Registered

Post by Asazi » Mon May 30, 2016 10:05 pm

Thank you for the contributions so far. I'm sorry it has raised some emotional responses, this was not my intention at all.

I was just hoping for timeline input , for example; 3 months or November 2015-Feb 2016.

Thanks again.