ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

US B2 Visitor visa

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Humv

US B2 Visitor visa

Post by Humv » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:50 am

Hi All,

I wonder if anyone can help me on this.
I am a Non Eu passport holder and currently based in UK.I need to apply for UA visit visa.
I read documents requirements. It does not say you need to book any ticket or hotel in advance. is it correct?

Thanks

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: US B2 Visitor visa

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:43 pm

That does appear to be correct based on the embassy guidance. https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/tourism- ... documents/

I applied for a B1/B2 visa a few years ago, and had both flight and accommodation bookings with me at the time as my business travel date was very close to my appointment - but none of that was requested at the time of the appointment. In fact they only wanted to see the application form & passports. Neither the business invitation letter or employment confirmation letter or travel insurance were requested, even though they were listed as required documents for a B1 visa. However I would always carry documents listed as required by the embassy.

Humv

Post by Humv » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:52 am

cs95tdg wrote:That does appear to be correct based on the embassy guidance. https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/tourism- ... documents/

I applied for a B1/B2 visa a few years ago, and had both flight and accommodation bookings with me at the time as my business travel date was very close to my appointment - but none of that was requested at the time of the appointment. In fact they only wanted to see the application form & passports. Neither the business invitation letter or employment confirmation letter or travel insurance were requested, even though they were listed as required documents for a B1 visa. However I would always carry documents listed as required by the embassy.

Hey, thanks for the response. I am planning to go in the last week of August this year. When do you think I should apply for the visa? Can I apply now or nearer to the time?

Thanks

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:32 pm

If you want to get it out of the way then you can apply now. Personally I'd apply before the summer holiday rush, but do check on the embassy website to see if they have any guidance around how early you can apply.

Humv

Post by Humv » Tue May 31, 2016 9:50 am

Hi

I went for the interview last week in London embassy and my B1/B2 visa is approved. They have granted me 5 years visa.

Thanks for all of your help. :)