ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice on filling form AN for naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

saleem19k

Re: Advice on filling form AN for naturalisation

Post by saleem19k » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:27 pm

Hi Guys,

Hope someone will suggest me for my query
My query do I need to mention these in the Section 3.2 of the AN form.

3 point £60 fine 13/6/2012 finish 13/6/2015

Note: We will carry out criminal record checks on all applicants. You must give details of all criminal convictions. This includes road traffic offences (including all drink driving offences). Fixed Penalty Notices (such as speeding or parking tickets) do not form part of a person’s criminal record and will not be considered in the caseworker’s assessment of character unless: • the person has failed to pay and there were criminal proceedings as a result; or • the person has received numerous fixed penalty notices.

Criminal conviction 1 Country where convicted UK

Nature of offence NO Entry sign

Sentence given 3 points £60 fine

Date sentenced 13/6/2012

Please check and confirm I filled right information.

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Saleem

Venkat07
Newly Registered

Post by Venkat07 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:25 pm

Hi,

I am current completing my AN1 forms I have a query regarding employment history for last 10 years

I came into uk via Tier 2 ICT (indian company which has a branch in uk). I was told with my earlier query to fill in with my employer details rather than client details.

But i am not able to find my old COS documentation. Am I correct that only UK company would have given me Tier 2 ICT sponsorship when i first came in which would be in 2009. (in other words Indian companies at time didn't have option to sponsor anyone from India to work for UK) right?

thank you.
Venkat

secretmsg
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by secretmsg » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:49 am

Can someone please advise, instead of ticks i have put cross X on boxes for selection, i just realised later on guide that it says tick, can this be rejected or shall i redo all again?

ohara
Diamond Member

Post by ohara » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:15 am

As long as it is obvious what your selection is, I don't think they will reject your application

ursamyn

Post by ursamyn » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:52 am

List of Documents and clarifying the form if attending NCS:

1) BRP+Passport

Q 6.7 Are you enclosing the BRP --- Attending NCS--- Do i tick on Yes or NO

If No, they are asking explaination as to where it is and Why is it not with Application?

2) LIUK Test Result--No issues

3)English Language Requirement fulfilled on 01/11/2014 for ILR----Exemption is on AN form but not on the Guide or Booklet

4) As a Director, Do I only submitting Self Assesment of 2015,or additionally, do i also submit Corporation Tax Return+P60's + SA302 for past 6 yrs?

Any advice will be very helpful.

Thanks.

Zorro10
Newly Registered

Post by Zorro10 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:28 pm

Hi

I am applying for naturalisation in couple of weeks time. It's good to know through immigration board that i can also apply for passport same time. My local council is not offering this service so will go to different council. my question is i am both employed and self employed. My main financial source is my job which i have mentioned but do i have to still mention about self employment? I am not actively doing my own business and infact dont have self assessment statement of account at the moment. Do i still have to tick the self employed box and send some document?

Thanx

sylionheart
Newly Registered

Post by sylionheart » Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:46 pm

Hi Everyone,

Thanks everybody for the great help in this forum

I have few questions regarding naturalisation

Background: EEA national and spouse. PR and DCPR in May 2015 but free of immigration time restrictions from January 2015 (confirmed by HO).

What date do I write in 2.4? Date of issue of PR or Date of acquired PR

Regarding proof of residence:
1. Do I just submit passport(s) as proof?
2. What is the alternative proof for EEA national as the old passport was taken on renewal (The new passport covers only 18 months)? We thought about employer letter but originally EEA national was employed for just over a year then self-employed since 2011. Shall I get an accountant letter? or Shall I just sent all self-assessments and NI contributions?

Many Thanks

safeery2k
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by safeery2k » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:49 pm

Hi,

I have 4 previous addresses but I do not remember exactly the dates when I moved in/out. Will that be a problem if I just mention month and year?

Indianlonly

Post by Indianlonly » Wed May 04, 2016 7:00 am

ohara wrote:EEA citizens don't get ILR, they get automatic permanent residence and the home office make it exceptionally difficult to find out the date you've acquired this. Previous advice on this forum is to leave that question blank.

It is not necessarily the date of issue of the PR card.

No need for bank statements, there is no financial requirement for naturalisation. The last 3 pages of the form tell you exactly what documents you need to send.
I want to send my bank statement as prove of settlement in uk ?

ohara
Diamond Member

Post by ohara » Wed May 04, 2016 1:35 pm

Bank statement don't prove residency, anyone can have a bank account in the UK and not be here.

Indianlonly

Post by Indianlonly » Wed May 04, 2016 4:53 pm

ohara wrote:Bank statement don't prove residency, anyone can have a bank account in the UK and not be here.
So Ohara what decuments u have sent exactly for ur bc
As we are simmilar case , I'm due to send my AN but im confusing as I have 6 years decuments and that a lot
Have you sent cover letter as well ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 04, 2016 6:57 pm

Indianlonly wrote:
ohara wrote:Bank statement don't prove residency, anyone can have a bank account in the UK and not be here.
So Ohara what decuments u have sent exactly for ur bc
As we are simmilar case , I'm due to send my AN but im confusing as I have 6 years decuments and that a lot
Have you sent cover letter as well ?
You have a long running thread on your application process already. Please can you carry on with your question in that thread.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Benji_182
inactive
United States of America

Post by Benji_182 » Wed May 18, 2016 7:09 pm

Hi to All of you!

I have been reading this from and i love it. There is so much good suff and useful info around so many different aspects.

Im going to send my AN application in next 2 months or less. Im just waiting so I hold my Perm resident card (EEA - EU national) for min of 12 months as per regulations.

Few Question for me to clarify I'm sure for some of you too:

1. Im currently divorced and (married in the uk) and divorced via overseas court and paperwork sent to me (did no go - all done remotely, she was the petitioner and done all the stuff for me). In one of the sections i will state my ex-wife details and fill out all the details as requiered but do I have to submit -actual- the marriage cert(UK) + dissolution/divorce paperwork(US) or whats written on the AN from is enough? I'm submitting is as individual application. There is no current wife. Also just one divorce and marriage.

2. I hold EEA perm card and I have previously provided proof of lawful residence as pert of the application for it. Do i have to submit last 5-6 years again or just last year or so as i have done it once already?

3. I do hold good record of employment for the past 5-6 years but there is 2-3 that i don't really remember well and will fill it out as estimates...would that be okay?

Thank you all and please please please let me know! :)

Ben

ohara
Diamond Member

Post by ohara » Thu May 19, 2016 5:08 am

Benji_182 wrote:Im going to send my AN application in next 2 months or less. Im just waiting so I hold my Perm resident card (EEA - EU national) for min of 12 months as per regulations.
The requirement is to hold permanent residence for 12 months, not to hold a permanent residence card for 12 months. How long had you been exercising treaty rights for before you got the card?

I have had permanent residence for 3.5 years before I got the card so I applied for naturalisation immediately.

Benji_182
inactive
United States of America

Post by Benji_182 » Thu May 19, 2016 11:19 am

Hi Ohara!

Thanks for the reply.

I'm not following. I came in 2007 and worked ever since end of 2008 onwards until present. What do you mean in regards to exceirsising rights?

Also can you guys please put some light in regards to the other questions?

Thanks Ohara again and looking forward to your reply

Ben

dapto10

Post by dapto10 » Thu May 19, 2016 12:44 pm

sylionheart wrote: PR and DCPR in May 2015 but free of immigration time restrictions from January 2015 (confirmed by HO).
Hi Sylionheart,

You mention yor DCPR and free from immigration date confirmed by HO. How did you get the confirmatoin from them, was it through Subject Access Request (SAR)? I've been trying to get my date (I received my DCPR in 2015 too) and the HO people insist it's the date of issue of my certificate which we all know is not the case.

How long did the SAR process take, in case you've used this route? Does anybody else know?

Many thanks!

ohara
Diamond Member

Post by ohara » Thu May 19, 2016 5:15 pm

HO telephone advisers do not have a facing clue what they are talking about. The team which deals with data protection probably doesn't either, but all they do is photocopy stuff and click print on a computer.
Hi Ohara!

Thanks for the reply.

I'm not following. I came in 2007 and worked ever since end of 2008 onwards until present. What do you mean in regards to exceirsising rights?
If you were working from 2005 to 2015, and you showed evidence of that, you would have acquired PR in 2010. The date you apply for or receive the PR card is completely irrelevant.

If you had acquired PR in 2010, and only received PR card in say March 2016, you could still apply for naturalisation immediately.

amakhtar
Newly Registered

Post by amakhtar » Sat May 21, 2016 1:13 am

Good morning everyone

Last year I have received ILR Feb. 2015 on 10 years LR based,

now I have applied naturalisation on 5th may , i was confused on my employment history details i did try to order few times from HMRC but they said they only hold 7 years record from today but if i need rest 3 years records then write to SARS they hold until 1938 data, which i did but i didn't get any respond from them after writing few letters i gave up then someone advise me whatever you remember about your employment record just write down which i did now after 4months 24 days i have received employment record from SARS but now the problem is what i’ve provided employment record is not complete i have miss 2 employers and dates are wrongly mentioned to HOME OFFICE is on AN form please advise what should i do?

kind regards

AMAKHTAR

Benji_182
inactive
United States of America

Post by Benji_182 » Sun May 22, 2016 7:05 pm

Thanks Ohara!

I'm still not entirely sure what you mean :D but i will just leave it out. Cant PM you for clarification as I'm new member.

Can you guys help me with other questions on here?

1. Im currently divorced and (married in the uk) and divorced via overseas court and paperwork sent to me (did no go - all done remotely, she was the petitioner and done all the stuff for me). In one of the sections i will state my ex-wife details and fill out all the details as requiered but do I have to submit -actual- the marriage cert(UK) + dissolution/divorce paperwork(US) or whats written on the AN from is enough? I'm submitting is as individual application. There is no current wife. Also just one divorce and marriage.

2. I hold EEA perm card and I have previously provided proof of lawful residence as pert of the application for it. Do i have to submit last 5-6 years again or just last year or so as i have done it once already?

3. I do hold good record of employment for the past 5-6 years but there is 2-3 that i don't really remember well and will fill it out as estimates...would that be okay?

George_1
Newly Registered

Post by George_1 » Tue May 24, 2016 6:22 pm

Hello all I would like someone to give me some information if possible.

I filled out the form for naturalization but have not filled in 10 years employment history
Because I do not know where to get this information sooner, I sent HMRC a form of employment history in March but received no response, then I called HMRC and they said it could take 378 days to receive 10 years of employment history.
or if there is any risk if I send my application without having to give details to where I worked in the 6.7 years of work
or maybe someone knows how I can get evidence for the 10 years of work in shorter period
And I intend to send British application for naturalization as quickly as possible to the HOME OFFICE ???

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 25, 2016 2:26 pm

George_1 wrote:Hello all I would like someone to give me some information if possible.

I filled out the form for naturalization but have not filled in 10 years employment history
Because I do not know where to get this information sooner, I sent HMRC a form of employment history in March but received no response, then I called HMRC and they said it could take 378 days to receive 10 years of employment history.
or if there is any risk if I send my application without having to give details to where I worked in the 6.7 years of work
or maybe someone knows how I can get evidence for the 10 years of work in shorter period
And I intend to send British application for naturalization as quickly as possible to the HOME OFFICE ???
Only you will know where you have worked and I am surprised that you claim not to. P60s, P45s, CV, etc should have the information. Obviously only the full 10 years required if you have actually been in the UK for 10 years.

If you submit without completing the form as required, you are not disclosing information to HO as requested as they do check this information.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

amakhtar
Newly Registered

Post by amakhtar » Thu May 26, 2016 11:09 am

George_1 wrote:Hello all I would like someone to give me some information if possible.

dear George write a letter to

SARS
HM Revenue and customs
BX9 1AN

Subject: Request for Employment Work Record

and request them from which year to which year but make sure you send them through recorded delivery not special but just normal recorded delivery they have to respond your letter in 40 days

they send me letter with my employment history and saying give feedback we aims to respond your query in 40 days ...

pogotosh
Newly Registered

Post by pogotosh » Tue May 31, 2016 6:57 pm

Guys,

In terms of the log for our travel absences, can we include this as an attachment with the Main Form AN or do we need to manually complete this by hand in the table given within the AN form?

Thanks for your help.

nzvinokona
Newly Registered
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by nzvinokona » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:26 am

pogotosh wrote:Guys,

In terms of the log for our travel absences, can we include this as an attachment with the Main Form AN or do we need to manually complete this by hand in the table given within the AN form?

Thanks for your help.
Hi,
I recomend just sticking to the form in long hand to be compliant and for consistency.

pogotosh
Newly Registered

Post by pogotosh » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:39 pm

nzvinokona wrote:
pogotosh wrote:Guys,

Thanks for your help.
Hi,
I recomend just sticking to the form in long hand to be compliant and for consistency.

Thanks nzvinokona

I also had a query concerning the employment section in the AN Form.

I am currently a Full Time MBA Student . However, I will be commencing my Summer Internship from Monday (13th of June) and my JCAP appointment is on the 17th.

My internship is a Fixed Term employment and will be ending on the 19th of August. Hence, in the employment section of the application, should I include my upcoming summer internship details as the details of my employment or should I just indicate that I am a Full Time MBA student and am hence not employed on a Full Time Basis?