ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

One parent on ILR, can child get British passport?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

talktonight

One parent on ILR, can child get British passport?

Post by talktonight » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:12 pm

Hi there,

Could somebody please clarify this situation:

- child was born in the UK in 2012 when both parents were on Tier 4 visas;
- one of the parents now has ILR.

Can our child apply for British Passport right now? If so, should we use MN1 form? Does anyone know approximately how long this process takes from the moment we submit the form until we get the passport? We're travelling at the end of July and I suppose applying for British Passport involves sending your current passport by post too (= no travelling for that period)?

Please advice

vinny

Re: One parent on ILR, can child get British passport?

Post by vinny » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:20 pm

Recommend MN1 via NCS.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

talktonight

Post by talktonight » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:28 pm

Many thanks, does this mean NCS will make copies of the documents (including current passport) and return them to me straight away and then send copies to Home Office (meaning I'll have no problems travelling)?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:56 pm

talktonight wrote:Many thanks, does this mean NCS will make copies of the documents (including current passport) and return them to me straight away and then send copies to Home Office (meaning I'll have no problems travelling)?
Yes, if you click on vinny's link, it will explain the process.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.