ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Experiences on Requesting Passports back from UKVI (EEA)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

DanChak

Experiences on Requesting Passports back from UKVI (EEA)

Post by DanChak » Tue May 03, 2016 11:53 am

I did not supply an additional envelope for the return of passports.
Here are my timelines
Passports Requested:14/04 -> 2nd Request submitted : 28/04 -> Passports received: 03/05 (Dated 29/04)
I had to fly due to work and hence I put in the 2nd request on the evening of the 10th working day of the Home Office SLA.

BP21
Newly Registered

Re: Experiences on Requesting Passports back from UKBA (EEA2

Post by BP21 » Wed May 04, 2016 5:52 pm

DanChak wrote:I did not supply an additional envelope for the return of passports.
Here are my timelines
Passports Requested:14/04 -> 2nd Request submitted : 28/04 -> Passports received: 03/05 (Dated 29/04)
I had to fly due to work and hence I put in the 2nd request on the evening of the 10th working day of the Home Office SLA.
That's good to know! I'm anxiously waiting for my passport which I need for an emergency trip (request submitted 22/04/2016). Did you submit your request immediately after you sent your application, or did you wait?

DanChak

Post by DanChak » Fri May 06, 2016 10:18 am

No. Below are my timelines.
Application sent : 1st Dec 2015 (Postal order)
Biometric Sent : 19th Dec 2015
COA Received : 5th Jan 2016 (with right of work)
Decision : Pending

Jojojo
Newly Registered

Post by Jojojo » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:10 pm

Hi funny_bunny any luck yet with getting your passport returned ? I requested my partners back on the 18th of May and not heard anything as of yet.

fatimahh
Member of Standing
Mood:
Guinea

Post by fatimahh » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:27 pm

A friend had to request his EEA sponsor passport back 3 times as she needed to travel. The passport only arrive after the 3rd request so it took 2 month for them to send it and she obviously lost the money as her ticket was not refundable.
GOD BLESS!!!

Jojojo
Newly Registered

Post by Jojojo » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:47 pm

That's terrible, I've just gotten off the phone with them and the fellow I spoke to said the usual process is this :
(1) make online request.
(2) wait for 10 working days.
(3) make another request if passport not back yet.
(4) wait an additional 10 working days
(5) if passport not returned back yet then they can chase up with it.

So it looks like 20working days is what it takes for them to be actioned to any request.

Sad times!!

dandodex
Spain

Post by dandodex » Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:45 pm

funny_bunny wrote:HI everyone,

I need help urgently, I have applied for EEA PR back in April. and i have since requested my passport back as my wife and my son had an accident while they've been on holiday abroad. it has been over three weeks since I first requested my passport back.

I had no responds from them although i've written to them explaining the situation, now my son has passed away and i'm still here waiting for my passport. so i was wondering if there is any way i can get through to the office in liverpool so i can have my passport back.

so that you know i've filled both of the applications online, i've written to them, and i have contacted the number on the website and they have made a referral to the HO so someone can call me back but no one did.

is there anything else i can do. does it worth making a trip from Birmingham to liverpool to try to speak to someone there or it will be a waste of time.

please help me

thanks
I'm terribly sorry for your loss.

The only thing I can suggest is to contact your Embassy and see if they can issue a fast-tracked passport due to your circumstances.

sannna
Newly Registered

Post by sannna » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:55 am

Hi All,
Can someone please advise if I request our passports back (EE2 QP+FM) and manage to actually get them, can we then just keep them for good or do we need to send them back to the HO after the travel?
Thanks!

agnetha007

Post by agnetha007 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:37 pm

Not sure whether I should open a separate thread, but perhaps my question fits here.

I have recently submitted my PR application to the Home Office. I am aware of this form for requesting the documents to be sent back: https://www.gov.uk/visa-documents-returned
It is not urgent for me right now, although I would like to get my passport back ASAP (I asked this in the letter), so I could plan some holidays. My question is about the possible implications of such request. Would it slow down my application? Perhaps the opposite, would it speed up my application? Does anybody have any thoughts on this?

Jojojo
Newly Registered

Post by Jojojo » Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:27 pm

dandodex wrote:
funny_bunny wrote:HI everyone,

I need help urgently, I have applied for EEA PR back in April. and i have since requested my passport back as my wife and my son had an accident while they've been on holiday abroad. it has been over three weeks since I first requested my passport back.

I had no responds from them although i've written to them explaining the situation, now my son has passed away and i'm still here waiting for my passport. so i was wondering if there is any way i can get through to the office in liverpool so i can have my passport back.

so that you know i've filled both of the applications online, i've written to them, and i have contacted the number on the website and they have made a referral to the HO so someone can call me back but no one did.

is there anything else i can do. does it worth making a trip from Birmingham to liverpool to try to speak to someone there or it will be a waste of time.

please help me

thanks
I'm terribly sorry for your loss.

The only thing I can suggest is to contact your Embassy and see if they can issue a fast-tracked passport due to your circumstances.
I think I am going do this. The missus needs to travel as ASAP to mourn the loss of her brother in Africa and they seem to be non-responding. We shall report the passport and have a new one re-issued in her country ( Portugal ). She'll then fly out to Guinea to be with her mourning family.

Nav80

Post by Nav80 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:00 am

Hi everyone,

Hope everyone will be fine. I have a question regarding passport return request. I am a British citizen and my passport is with ukba for my wife's visa. It's been now two months however I have asked my solicitor to request my passport back as I need to travel in July first week. He did it last week and now I only have 10 working days in between to travel and I already purchased a ticket. The reason of travel is wedding which is a must to attend. I have my Pakistani passport and (ILr card as It wasn't mention on my naturalisation approval to return s I keep it).
Now my question is if I don't get my passport can I travel on my other passport and how will I re enter into uk. Or if I travel on Pakistani passport and I received my documents afterwards can my friend able to post my passport to me abroad.

Please reply urgent.

Thank you

chinkyjoana

Post by chinkyjoana » Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:38 pm

Hello everyone...

I hope anyone can help me. I have requested my (non- eu) passport with my husband's passport (EU)last 14th of July. After 10 days I still haven't received our passports. I have sent a progress request yesterday after 11th day and still not even a single reply from the home office. My husband and I needs to travel to Poland for a wedding next week and I need to obtain a schengen visa this week. Please can anyone advise how I can get the paspports quickly.

kijacho
Newly Registered

Post by kijacho » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:33 pm

Hello, i would like to share my experience on requesting documents back from UKBA.
I submited my application for EEA2 on 9th of July, two days before my vissa expire, in the enevilope i put two passport mine and my wifes passport, marriage certificate and photos since we mate for the first time, weeks later i decided to send request to them, but nothing i heard from them untill on 24 when I got later from them to do my BIometric, and on the 5th of august I got my passport back with Resident card in it.
but I was sending request for my passport back 4 times a week and calling them and emailing them, maybe it helper or it was just my luck.
all the best

chinkyjoana

Post by chinkyjoana » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:19 am

kijacho wrote:Hello, i would like to share my experience on requesting documents back from UKBA.
I submited my application for EEA2 on 9th of July, two days before my vissa expire, in the enevilope i put two passport mine and my wifes passport, marriage certificate and photos since we mate for the first time, weeks later i decided to send request to them, but nothing i heard from them untill on 24 when I got later from them to do my BIometric, and on the 5th of august I got my passport back with Resident card in it.
but I was sending request for my passport back 4 times a week and calling them and emailing them, maybe it helper or it was just my luck.
all the best
Hi Kijacho,

Just to ask. How many weeks since they returned your passport?i am on my 3rd week of waiting for my passport now. Also, did you receive any confirmation email that they will return your passport? Congratulations to your fast turn around with the residence card.

kijacho
Newly Registered

Post by kijacho » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:07 am

Hi Kijacho,

Just to ask. How many weeks since they returned your passport?i am on my 3rd week of waiting for my passport now. Also, did you receive any confirmation email that they will return your passport? Congratulations to your fast turn around with the residence card.[/quote]

Hello Chinkyjoana
They returned my passport on 5th of Agust, but my first application form for EEA was on 9th of july, week later I requested for my documents back via online application and sending them email, they advice to send one application and wait 10 working days, if not you send again new application for documents backs, but I was sending application for documents back every two day, like 3-4 times a week, and calling them asking to withdraw my application if they cant send my documents back, on 24th of July i received later in my box mail from them to do my Biometric(writen on 22nd of July), and on 1st of August I received COA which was writen on 30th of July, and on 5th of August arround 1pm i found royalmail later to go and pick my stuff from nearest local office, so it took me like total of less than a month to get my documents back with resident card in it

note;
send your application form
marriage certificate
pay slip for your sponsor(atleast for 4 weeks)
proove of address that you are living together, any later to her/him and any later to you.
proove of relationship if its genuine (photos of you together ,cinema's tickets, flight tickets, vacation photos etc)

these stuffs above reduce doubts if its fake relationship or not.

chinkyjoana

Post by chinkyjoana » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:14 am

kijacho wrote:Hi Kijacho,

Just to ask. How many weeks since they returned your passport?i am on my 3rd week of waiting for my passport now. Also, did you receive any confirmation email that they will return your passport? Congratulations to your fast turn around with the residence card.
Hello Chinkyjoana
They returned my passport on 5th of Agust, but my first application form for EEA was on 9th of july, week later I requested for my documents back via online application and sending them email, they advice to send one application and wait 10 working days, if not you send again new application for documents backs, but I was sending application for documents back every two day, like 3-4 times a week, and calling them asking to withdraw my application if they cant send my documents back, on 24th of July i received later in my box mail from them to do my Biometric(writen on 22nd of July), and on 1st of August I received COA which was writen on 30th of July, and on 5th of August arround 1pm i found royalmail later to go and pick my stuff from nearest local office, so it took me like total of less than a month to get my documents back with resident card in it

note;
send your application form
marriage certificate
pay slip for your sponsor(atleast for 4 weeks)
proove of address that you are living together, any later to her/him and any later to you.
proove of relationship if its genuine (photos of you together ,cinema's tickets, flight tickets, vacation photos etc)

these stuffs above reduce doubts if its bad quality relationship or not.[/quote]

Hi Kijacho,

I have sent all the documents you mentioned above. I have sent it on June 3 and received COA on 14th of July. I have requested my passport on that date but until now I still haven't received my passport. When you were sending return of documents, did you use the progress report after 10 days or you did new document return? I am anxious about my passport as I have a booked flight this Friday.

tayo777
Newly Registered

Post by tayo777 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:15 pm

kijacho wrote:Hello, i would like to share my experience on requesting documents back from UKBA.
all the best

wow!!! This is the fastest of all, I must say.. CONGRATULATIONS KIJACHO.... I Hope mine will be speedily attended to too :D ..
I will like to ask if I can request for "ALL DOCUMENTS" without causing any problem with my application or I should only request for "MY PASSPORT" alone.. Thank you

chinkyjoana

Post by chinkyjoana » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:15 am

Hi All,

After not receiving my passport within 12 days I have contacted my local MP and yesterday the HO emailed her stating my passport was dispatched on the 8th of August but the Royal Mail tracking number is not updated until I receive the docs. Today is the due of my passport to be here but no sign that it will be here. Any idea what I can do? I have a flight tomorrow but I guess I will just have to miss it! Anyone help please!

eyb
Newly Registered

Post by eyb » Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:15 pm

Hi all,

I have sent my application form on June 5th and requested my documents back on June 29th, hoping that I could travel for holidays in July. Not only they haven't sent my documents on time and I have lost my plane tickets, but also 3 weeks later they sent me a letter indicating that they won't return my passports because I don't have any valid leave to remain. I do hold a Tier 2 visa valid until end of September. Now I have an important business trip to Spain during the first week of September. EEA helpline told me to write to them and send a copy of my visa. I sent this letter a month ago. I have also contacted europa.eu which then transferred my case to SOLVIT but I haven't heard from them.

Now I was about to fill the return of documents form again but I see the following statement in terms and conditions:

"if I am the main applicant or another applicant and I am subject to immigration control (i.e. not settled or an EEA national or the family member of an EEA national) and I have requested my travel document for identity purposes I understand that if I use those documents to travel outside the UK, Republic of Ireland, Channel Islands and Isle of Man my application may be refused, voided or withdrawn and the fee will not be refunded. I may also be unable to re-enter the UK;"

I am pretty sure this wasn't there when I filled the form for the first time.

Any ideas?
Thanks.

pico
Newly Registered

Post by pico » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:20 pm

all the best
Hi Kijacho

Could you perhaps please share the email address you used? I thought it might be confusing to use the online form several times for them, but it seems that HO does not systematically keep track of the online requests...

Many thanks!

Richard W
- thin ice -

Post by Richard W » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:59 pm

eyb wrote:"if I am the main applicant or another applicant and I am subject to immigration control (i.e. not settled or an EEA national or the family member of an EEA national) and I have requested my travel document for identity purposes I understand that if I use those documents to travel outside the UK, Republic of Ireland, Channel Islands and Isle of Man my application may be refused, voided or withdrawn and the fee will not be refunded. I may also be unable to re-enter the UK;"
The last part is consistent with Section 3C of the Immigration Act 1971, which extends leave while a request for variation of leave is under consideration. That extension lapses if the applicant leaves the UK. If you have merely applied for a residence card as a direct family member (e.g. spouse) of an EEA national, and have no non-EEA applications pending, it does not apply to you. If you are a visa national, you will have difficulty returning to the UK other than by virtue of the Tier 2 visa.

I'm not sure how valid the threat is for someone applying for an EEA documentation as an extended family member. It may depend on whether they currently hold such a document.

Sunnyday123
Newly Registered

Post by Sunnyday123 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:55 pm

Richard W wrote:
eyb wrote:"if I am the main applicant or another applicant and I am subject to immigration control (i.e. not settled or an EEA national or the family member of an EEA national) and I have requested my travel document for identity purposes I understand that if I use those documents to travel outside the UK, Republic of Ireland, Channel Islands and Isle of Man my application may be refused, voided or withdrawn and the fee will not be refunded. I may also be unable to re-enter the UK;"
Hi everyone!

I hope you can help me.
Basicly I have a EEA FP valid until November 2016.
I sent my application for EEA2 residence card in July 2016.
I want to send a request to return both passports for me and my partner as we want to travel in October.

Please can you tell me if they return my passport will I have problem returning to UK?

Breev
Newly Registered

Post by Breev » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:59 am

I just received my passport back, 8 working days after submitting my request. Full time line:

1 August: submitted an application for a Residence Certificate (EEA1)
13 August: requested passport back
19 August: received confirmation of application for the RC
22 August: submitted another request for passport back, this time including my Case ID (I know that officially I shouldn't have submitted another application, but I thought the Case ID info might help speed up the process)
24 August: received passport back.

lifeInTheUk321
Newly Registered

Post by lifeInTheUk321 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:25 pm

Hi Guys,

Question,

I'm curently awaitng response on my ILR (Applied on the 15/07/2016, Biometrics done), I need my passport for security reasons at work.

If I ask HO for my passport to be returned, will work against me for my ILR application?

Thanks in advance :-)

troncvert
Newly Registered

Post by troncvert » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:23 pm

Hi All,

I thought I would share this with you.
I have requested my wife's passport back on October 30 and it was received on November 9.
I am a French citizen and she is Russian

Applications steps

October 10: first application sent for RD based on EEA family member
October 27: Biometric letter received
October 30 passport request
November 9 passport received.

I did not request my identity documents back as an EEA national (identity card and driving licence). I d'ont know if that made any difference in the processing time.