ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Accommodation requirement

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jesterpo
Newly Registered

Accommodation requirement

Post by jesterpo » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:01 am

Hello,

I am getting married in July and following that, my wife is planning to join me in the UK.

I have signed a tenancy agreement which is valid for 12 months now. When the agent was drawing up paperwork for the flat, he asked me for tenant details and I provide mine and my (soon to be) wife's names.

The tenancy agreement now lists both of us on the agreement. However, I was reading that under law, the agent was required to check identification for both of us (he only took copies of my immigration status).

If I submit this agreement as part of the visa documents for my spouse, will it be incorrect as the agent should have checked identification and not really included her name as she does not have any right to live here at present? Let me know if it is best to get this amended so it only shows my name on the agreement.

Thanks!

Casa

Re: Accommodation requirement

Post by Casa » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:03 am

It won't be a problem and you don't need to have the agreement amended.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

jesterpo
Newly Registered

Post by jesterpo » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:23 am

Thanks for the response!

sajan patel

Post by sajan patel » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:27 pm

jesterpo wrote:Hello,

I am getting married in July and following that, my wife is planning to join me in the UK.

I have signed a tenancy agreement which is valid for 12 months now. When the agent was drawing up paperwork for the flat, he asked me for tenant details and I provide mine and my (soon to be) wife's names.

The tenancy agreement now lists both of us on the agreement. However, I was reading that under law, the agent was required to check identification for both of us (he only took copies of my immigration status).

If I submit this agreement as part of the visa documents for my spouse, will it be incorrect as the agent should have checked identification and not really included her name as she does not have any right to live here at present? Let me know if it is best to get this amended so it only shows my name on the agreement.

Thanks!

The new law "rent to right" means that an migrant that enters into the country needs to be referenced checked before they can be put onto any tenancy agreement. This new rule came into affect feb 2016. This is one of the issues i am facing right now. The letting agent has broken the rule by putting your partner into the agreement. This "shouldnt affect her application" but i would contact right to rent and they can advise you the correct information. Land lords ec are now liable to a £3000 fine if these checks are not carried out.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:32 pm

sajan patel wrote:The new law "rent to right" means that an migrant that enters into the country needs to be referenced checked before they can be put onto any tenancy agreement. This new rule came into affect feb 2016. This is one of the issues i am facing right now. The letting agent has broken the rule by putting your partner into the agreement. This "shouldnt affect her application" but i would contact right to rent and they can advise you the correct information. Land lords ec are now liable to a £3000 fine if these checks are not carried out.
Not referenced checked!!! Right to reside to be checked, i.e passport/visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.