ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pakistan Spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kash0114
Newly Registered

Pakistan Spouse Visa

Post by kash0114 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:59 pm

Hi everyone

I just wanted some information from anyone that can help please. I currently have a disability and get PIP higher care allowance to help with my care needs etc and I work with a salary off 18k before tax.

I wanted to know with my care allowance of 320£ a month and my salary, my father also has properties, which he will be gifting me once married. Will this be sufficient enough to apply for a visa for my spouse who I met when I last went to Pakistan ? as I exceed the £1500 a month allowance with my salary combined.

Please le me know your thoughts on this, as it's all new to me.

Many thanks
Kashif

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Pakistan Spouse Visa

Post by Wanderer » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:00 pm

It's £1550 per month.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

kash0114
Newly Registered

Post by kash0114 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:43 pm

Wanderer wrote:It's £1550 per month.
Thanks for replying - would they accept the 320£ and 1300£ a month salary combined for the application ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:45 pm

I think that getting PIP higher care allowance might exempt you from the £18,600pa financial requirement. Will look into and post back later.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kash0114
Newly Registered

Post by kash0114 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:49 pm

CR001 wrote:I think that getting PIP higher care allowance might exempt you from the £18,600pa financial requirement. Will look into and post back later.
Many thanks - I've heard of carers visas aswell, do they still exist for visa applications? If I want to get a visa for my spouse, being my main carer. Am not sure. Thanks again.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:52 pm

No, there is no 'carers visa'. Spouse visa is the correct one for you. Will come back a bit later and let you know about the exemption.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kash0114
Newly Registered

Post by kash0114 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:42 pm

CR001 wrote:No, there is no 'carers visa'. Spouse visa is the correct one for you. Will come back a bit later and let you know about the exemption.
Hi - just wanted to know if you were able to find out anymore info on this ? am currently working part time, but if going full time will help me, I am able to do this and being offered the 18k full time salary before tax.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:13 am

Apologies for not getting back to you last night.

See point 3.6 on page 14 in the link below

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... t_2015.pdf

See also the link below on how to calculate adequate maintenance.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 05533.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)

kash0114
Newly Registered

Post by kash0114 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:42 am

CR001 wrote:Apologies for not getting back to you last night.

See point 3.6 on page 14 in the link below

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... t_2015.pdf

See also the link below on how to calculate adequate maintenance.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 05533.html
Thank you so much - so my PIP carers allowance higher rate would mean the income threshold of £18.6k would not apply, is that correct ? what I wanted to know is, if i did decide to go full time and showed in my bank I had a salary plus PIP would this go against me, or would this be in my favour as it shows I have a good savings for myself and spouse

Thanks again.

kash0114
Newly Registered

Clarification on spouse visa please

Post by kash0114 » Sun May 08, 2016 10:38 pm

Hi I just wanted some clarification please, I get PIP due to needing care for disability and have met someone from Pakistan who I want to marry. I am aware that as am on PIP (higher carer allowance) and I also work (currently part time, but going full time) as it does not effect my disability. That I will not need to meet the minimum income threshold. Instead, I need to demonstrate that I can adequately maintain my spouse and myself without recourse to public funds even if am not earning 18.5k a year due to me being on PIP. Is this correct ?? so if I get £320 for PIP and say 900£ or so from working, should that be adequate ? any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks in advance :)

Obie
Ireland

Re: Clarification on spouse visa please

Post by Obie » Mon May 09, 2016 2:29 am

You will qualify if you can demonstrate that once your housing cost and council tax is deducted from your earnings, the amount you have left is the same or above the rate of income support that a family of your size will be entitled to.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon May 09, 2016 2:43 am

Adequate maintenance and accommodation is required. See also, Calculating Adequate Maintenance 2016/17 - How To.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

kash0114
Newly Registered

Post by kash0114 » Mon May 09, 2016 8:09 am

Obie wrote:You will qualify if you can demonstrate that once your housing cost and council tax is deducted from your earnings, the amount you have left is the same or above the rate of income support that a family of your size will be entitled to.
So me working definitely helps the situation then :) is that correct ? house i have is given to me by my father who done a lot of property development work years back, so house is pretty much mortgage free. Only thing i'd have to worry about is council tax, bills etc which would come out of my salary from work. So I will be able to show that I would still have more then 320£ every month.

Am i interpreting this correctly ?

Many thanks for your help - most appreciated.

kash0114
Newly Registered

Confused and need help please

Post by kash0114 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:54 pm

Heyy guys

I am looking to get a spouse visa for my wife (from pakistan) who I get married to soon and have been told today the 18.6k earning requirement has been lifted and that you only need to be earning now in order for visa application to be made ? Can someone please clarify if this is correct and possible direct me to any useful resources please.

Many thanks in advance.

Casa

Re: Confused and need help please

Post by Casa » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:00 pm

No, you've been mislead. The £18,600 p.a minimum income level is still firmly in place.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ILR1980
Pakistan

Re: Confused and need help please

Post by ILR1980 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:47 pm

kash0114 wrote:Heyy guys

I am looking to get a spouse visa for my wife (from pakistan) who I get married to soon and have been told today the 18.6k earning requirement has been lifted and that you only need to be earning now in order for visa application to be made ? Can someone please clarify if this is correct and possible direct me to any useful resources please.

Many thanks in advance.
You have been told by whom? David cameron or Home Secretary ?

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:04 pm

M.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:08 pm

M.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:12 pm

E-LTRP.3.1. The applicant must provide specified evidence, from the sources listed in paragraph E-LTRP.3.2., of- wrote:(c) the requirements in paragraph E-LTRP.3.3.being met, unless paragraph EX.1. applies. ...
If you are receiving one or more of the following in E-ECP.3.3(a) or E-LTRP.3.3(a):
E-ECP.3.3 and E-LTRP.3.3 wrote:The requirements to be met under this paragraph are-

(a) the applicant’s partner must be receiving one or more of the following -
(i) disability living allowance;
(ii) severe disablement allowance;
(iii) industrial injury disablement benefit;
(iv) attendance allowance;
(v) carer’s allowance;
(vi) personal independence payment;
(vii) Armed Forces Independence Payment or Guaranteed Income Payment under the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme;
(viii) Constant Attendance Allowance, Mobility Supplement or War Disablement Pension under the War Pensions Scheme; or
(ix) Police Injury Pension; and

(b) the applicant must provide evidence that their partner is able to maintain and accommodate themselves, the applicant and any dependants adequately in the UK without recourse to public funds.
Then adequate maintenance is required instead, in ECP.3.3(b) and E-LTRP.3.3(b).