ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Surrinder Singh Route For Parents

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Jellybean105
Member of Standing

Surrinder Singh Route For Parents

Post by Jellybean105 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:13 pm

Hello

A friend of mine wants to bring his parents here from Pakistan. He recently became a British citizen, has a pakistani wife and 2 kids. He is an only child and his parents are dependant on him.

Would his parents need to join him in the EU country? If not, do they apply for a UK family permit from Pakistan?
Also, if he goes to work in another EU country, can he go alone or does he need to take his wife and kids there as well?

Please can someone advise.

Thanks
Moved to Ireland: Feb 13
UK FP: Granted November 13
Ireland RC: Granted Feb 14
Returned to the UK: Feb 14
Applied for EEA2: 18th March 14
EEA2 Rejected: October 14 (re-submitted docs)
EEA2 Granted: December 14 (valid till 2019!)

Casa

Re: Surrinder Singh Route For Parents

Post by Casa » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:23 pm

His parents would need to reside with him in the EU state and his family would also have to relocate there with him, in order to meet the conditions for the 'centre of life' test. He won't be able to continue to maintain a home in the UK.
He should also be aware that the days may be numbered for the Surinder Singh route.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Jellybean105
Member of Standing

Re: Surrinder Singh Route For Parents

Post by Jellybean105 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:40 pm

Hi Casa - Thank you for your reply.
Moved to Ireland: Feb 13
UK FP: Granted November 13
Ireland RC: Granted Feb 14
Returned to the UK: Feb 14
Applied for EEA2: 18th March 14
EEA2 Rejected: October 14 (re-submitted docs)
EEA2 Granted: December 14 (valid till 2019!)