ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FURTHER LEAVE TO REMAIN 2.5YR RENEWAL HELP

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Wrongwayubon
Newly Registered

FURTHER LEAVE TO REMAIN 2.5YR RENEWAL HELP

Post by Wrongwayubon » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:45 pm

Hi there, was hoping for some help from you experienced people on the forum. I have to say as a first(and hopefully last)timer with all this renewal stuff its disappointing how little information the government supply you with after you are granted your visa, on what happens next.
In a nutshell, my wife is thai, she has a spouse visa in her passport and has been here with me and our BRITISH PASSPORT HOLDING kids(x2) for 2 and a half years and we have a renewal next month. I was told the visa form we need is FLR (M) is that right?
Also, im not sure which category i am under with regard to minimum income? A OR B, as i have TWO jobs...one 50 hours a week, another 20 hours a week. The first job is on an annualised contract, technically hourly as hours fluctuate and the other job is salary.One i started a year ago and the other exactly 6 months to the date we apply for the renewal...first job takes a gross of £1500 a month and second a gross of £800 a month.

Does anyone know then, A) Is FLR (M) the right form and

B) With having one hourly and one salary job, both for over 6 months, what category am i? and how do i notify of the second job?

Any help very gratefully appreciated.Thanks.
Dan and Bee

Wrongwayubon
Newly Registered

FLR(M) CAN I USE BULATS FOR A1/A2 FLRM RENEWAHELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Wrongwayubon » Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:38 pm

HI all, as the title suggests, im very close to renewing my wifes FLRM after her 2.5yrs here with me in the Uk. Was about to book her english requirement test A1 when it dawned on me she did this as part of her initial visa application in thailand? So why are we being asked to do it again?
My understanding of the guidance notes is that it can be used if used in a previous successful application? does anyone know if this is correct...?
I know its only £150 but with a £2000 visa a month away and two babies, this could really help?
Thanks in advance guys....

Richard W
- thin ice -

Re: FURTHER LEAVE TO REMAIN 2.5YR RENEWAL HELP

Post by Richard W » Sat May 07, 2016 10:41 am

FLR(M) is the correct form. I believe you should treat both of them as having variable pay. That's the worse interpretation for you, but, from what you say, gets you over the threshold, so is a safe interpretation to use.

batleykhan

Re: FLR(M) CAN I USE BULATS FOR A1/A2 FLRM RENEWAHELP!!!!!!!

Post by batleykhan » Sat May 07, 2016 2:18 pm

Wrongwayubon wrote:HI all, as the title suggests, im very close to renewing my wifes FLRM after her 2.5yrs here with me in the Uk. Was about to book her english requirement test A1 when it dawned on me she did this as part of her initial visa application in thailand? So why are we being asked to do it again?
My understanding of the guidance notes is that it can be used if used in a previous successful application? does anyone know if this is correct...?
I know its only £150 but with a £2000 visa a month away and two babies, this could really help?
Thanks in advance guys....
Yes you can use the same English test as per initial visa application, providing its not City and Guilds ( which is no longer valid). IELTS one is fine at level A1.However after Oct 2016 a new level A2 is being introduced and must be done when applying for FLR

Wrongwayubon
Newly Registered

FLR(M) TOMORROW.HELP!

Post by Wrongwayubon » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:23 am

Hi everyone. Me and my wife(thai) have a visa renewal tomorrow at a uk premium service centre. Shes been here 2 and 1/2 years , we are married so i believe the form is FLR(M). I really could do with someone checking the documents i have just to make sure we havent missed anything? We have two british passport holding kids under 4 years old, so theres a lot at stake!
Ive gathered the follwoing:

1 X FLR M APPLICATION FORM
2X passport photos-wife
1x passport photo-me
1 passport of my wife
1 old and new passport of me
Cert copy of my birth certificate
Translated/cert copy of her birth certificate (used in orig spouse visa application)
marriage cert and certified translation

I hold two jobs, both for more than 6 months, of which combined i exceed 20k.....i have 6 monthly wage slips for each (12 in total) spanning the last 6 months.
2xp60's for each job i hold
2x letters of confirmation from each employer.
2xcontracts of employment
Wage slips are all signed/confirmed genuine

6 months of bank electronic bank statements of mine, showing all 12 pay deposits over the last 6 months.HSBC have knocked up a letter confirming they are genuine.

Current and previous tenancy agreements and before that we lived with my mum, so she has written a letter confirming the dates we lived with her.

3 x letters solely addressed to me at various addresses
3 x letters solely addressed to my wife at our various addresses
3 x joint addressed letter at our various addresses

About 15 photos of us together at various points in the last 2 and half years.

And i may write a brief covering letter summing up our 2 and a half years and mentioning our BRITISH PASSPORT HOLDING kids? what do you think guys? Really hope i havent missed anything.So nervous its unreal.
Hope you have time to comment.Thanks in advance.
DAN AND BEE

Casa

Re: FLR(M) TOMORROW.HELP!

Post by Casa » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:42 am

Wrongwayubon wrote:Hi everyone. Me and my wife(thai) have a visa renewal tomorrow at a uk premium service centre. Shes been here 2 and 1/2 years , we are married so i believe the form is FLR(M). I really could do with someone checking the documents i have just to make sure we havent missed anything? We have two british passport holding kids under 4 years old, so theres a lot at stake!
Ive gathered the follwoing:

1 X FLR M APPLICATION FORM
2X passport photos-wife
1x passport photo-me
1 passport of my wife
1 old and new passport of me
Cert copy of my birth certificate
Translated/cert copy of her birth certificate (used in orig spouse visa application)
marriage cert and certified translation

I hold two jobs, both for more than 6 months, of which combined i exceed 20k.....i have 6 monthly wage slips for each (12 in total) spanning the last 6 months.
2xp60's for each job i hold
2x letters of confirmation from each employer.
2xcontracts of employment
Wage slips are all signed/confirmed genuine

6 months of bank electronic bank statements of mine, showing all 12 pay deposits over the last 6 months.HSBC have knocked up a letter confirming they are genuine.

Current and previous tenancy agreements and before that we lived with my mum, so she has written a letter confirming the dates we lived with her.

3 x letters solely addressed to me at various addresses
3 x letters solely addressed to my wife at our various addresses
3 x joint addressed letter at our various addresses

About 15 photos of us together at various points in the last 2 and half years.

And i may write a brief covering letter summing up our 2 and a half years and mentioning our BRITISH PASSPORT HOLDING kids? what do you think guys? Really hope i havent missed anything.So nervous its unreal.
Hope you have time to comment.Thanks in advance.
DAN AND BEE
A1 level English certificate?
Proof of joint address - If you are lacking in correspondence in joint names, you need to submit 12 in single names (or a combination of joint/single). These must be from at least 3 different categories and spread as evenly as possible over the full 2.5 year period. A rule of thumb would be one piece every 4-5 months. These don't necessarily have to be official correspondence/bills.
Have you paid the £500 NHS surcharge?
The case worker probably won't be interested in your letter summarising the qualifying 2.5 year period.
The 15 photos won't be required.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.