ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question on driving license application

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mlnvkj2
Newly Registered

Question on driving license application

Post by mlnvkj2 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:09 pm

Hi,
I'm a non-EU resident and I have applied for the driving license recently and got the letter from DVLA asking to send a proof of identity.
I've read a few stories online where the passport/BRP got lost by Royal Mail despite being sent by recorded post so I'm quite scared of sending them to DVLA as I'm travelling almost every week. I have another non-EU citizenship and I don't really use that passport and don't have issues sending it to DVLA instead. Will it be ok if I send it instead of my primary citizenship which is stated on BRP?
Many thanks!

noajthan

Re: Question on driving license application

Post by noajthan » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:10 pm

mlnvkj2 wrote:Hi,
I'm a non-EU resident and I have applied for the driving license recently and got the letter from DVLA asking to send a proof of identity.
I've read a few stories online where the passport/BRP got lost by Royal Mail despite being sent by recorded post so I'm quite scared of sending them to DVLA as I'm travelling almost every week. I have another non-EU citizenship and I don't really use that passport and don't have issues sending it to DVLA instead. Will it be ok if I send it instead of my primary citizenship which is stated on BRP?
Many thanks!
1) Thousands of passports must be in flight in the mail system every day.

Just use the appropriate secure delivery service (& include a secure pre-paid, self-addressed return envelope) - it will be fine.

2) So you propose to prove your identity by sending in another 'identity' than the one you have applied with; (name/nationality).
Is at least in same name?

It's up to DVLA to accept it or not.
Not sure.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.