ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Director of a limited company - financial proof

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

alia84
Newly Registered

Director of a limited company - financial proof

Post by alia84 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:11 pm

Hello All,

Hoping someone can shed some light on my query...I will be soon applying for a UK spouse visa for my wife (Iranian) and am beginning to put all the documents together. I was always under the impression that i need to show the last 6 months of my income and payslips, however I have been told that I need to show the last 12 months as i am a director of a limited company.

Questions:

1. Is the above true
2. If i only have the last 7 months worth of payslips will that be enough? The business was not making enough money for me to be taking a wage, so i never did and basically was working for free ad supported by my family.

Any help/advice is greatly appreciate.

Mojohnson
Pakistan

Re: Director of a limited company - financial proof

Post by Mojohnson » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:52 pm

You need bank statements from the last full completed tax year alongside personal statements showing salary/dividends going into that account. These obviously need to hit the threshold (£18,600).
The CT600 is also required so you will not be able to do so until your company tax year is completed.

alia84
Newly Registered

Post by alia84 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:56 am

Thanks for your reply Mojohnson.

I have the companies full bank statements for the year and the CT600 is not an issue.

My personal bank statement, i can get the full year statement but it will only show monthly wages being received for just seven months not twelve as I didn't take any money from the business or wages (as we weren't making any).

My worry is that i have been told that it would be best to wait until i have 12 months worth of payslips instead of the seven that i have just now. This is the only thing that is holding me back to applying, everything else i have.

Thoughts/advice again is appreciated.

Thank you

llcoolj-786
Newly Registered

Post by llcoolj-786 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:58 am

Didn't you declare any dividends so far?

Remember you can rely on dividends too rather than salary.

alia84
Newly Registered

Post by alia84 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:59 am

thanks llcoolj-786 for your reply.

No dividends claimed. Have been purely working without taking any funds from the business. Any money it was making was reinvested back into the business. It has only been the last seven months in which i have been paying myself a wage.

athivak243
Newly Registered

Post by athivak243 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:30 pm

@Mojohnson : I have a query, Do we need to show dividend percentage of the director of limited company when applying for visa or just dividend voucher is fine ?

Mojohnson
Pakistan

Post by Mojohnson » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:25 pm

alia84- my apologies I did not read your question properly.

I personally did not start taking a salary until the 4th month of the financial year. I did include a note stating this was due to the company not having a consistent income initially. They did not seem to have an issue with this.
I did however get my accountant to produce a more official letter stating my salary and dividend amounts in order to show I was making above the threshold amount.

athivak243 - I just included my dividend vouchers, the dates and amounts on which corresponded with those on my bank statements.

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:01 pm

Its complicated . Read this in details

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... rement.pdf

Appendix FM 1.7: Financial Requirement

9.8. Director of a specified limited company in the UK – specified
evidence

9.8.1. The evidence required to demonstrate income as a director of a specified limited
company in the UK is specified in Appendix FM-SE:
9. In respect of income from employment and/or shares in a limited company
based in the UK of a type specified in paragraph 9(a), the requirements of
paragraph 9(b)-(e) shall apply in place of the requirements of paragraphs 2 and

(a) The specified type of limited company is one in which:
(i) the person is a director of the company (or another company within the same group);
and
(ii) shares are held (directly or indirectly) by the person, their partner or the following
family members of the person or their partner: parent, grandparent, child, stepchild,
grandchild, brother, sister, uncle, aunt, nephew, niece or first cousin; and
(iii) any remaining shares are held (directly or indirectly) by fewer than five other
persons.
(b) All of the following must be provided:
(i) Company Tax Return CT600 (a copy or print-out) for the last full financial year and
evidence this has been filed with HMRC, such as electronic or written acknowledgment
from HMRC.
(ii) Evidence of registration with the Registrar of Companies at Companies House.
(iii) If the company is required to produce annual audited accounts, such accounts for
the last full financial year.
(iv) If company is not required to produce annual audited accounts, unaudited accounts
for the last full financial year and an accountant’s certificate of confirmation, from an
accountant who is a member of a UK Recognised Supervisory Body (as defined in the
Companies Act 2006) or who is a member of the Institute of Financial Accountants;
(v) Corporate/business bank statements covering the same 12-month period as
Company Tax Return CT600.
(vi) A current Appointment Report from Companies House.
(vii) One of the following documents must also be provided:
(1) A certificate of VAT registration and the VAT return for the last full financial year (a
copy or a print-out) confirming the VAT registration number, if turnover is in excess of
£79,000 or was in excess of the threshold which applied during the last full financial
year.
(2) Proof of ownership or lease of business premises.
(3) Original proof of registration with HMRC as an employer for the purposes of PAYE
and National Insurance, proof of PAYE reference number and Accounts Office reference
number. This evidence may be in the form of a certified copy of the documentation
issued by HMRC.
(c) Where the person is listed as a director of the company and receives a salary from
the company, all of the following documents must also be provided:
(i) Payslips and P60 (if issued) covering the same period as the Company Tax Return
CT600.
(ii) Personal bank statements covering the same 12-month period as the Company Tax

Paragraphs 2 and 10(b) are the evidential requirements relating to salaried employment and income from
dividends.
Appendix FM 1.7: Financial Requirement
May 2016
Return CT600 showing that the salary as a director was paid into an account in the
name of the person or in the name of the person and their partner jointly.
(d)Where the person receives dividends from the company, all of the following
documents must also be provided:
(i) Dividend vouchers for all dividends declared in favour of the person during or in
respect of the period covered by the Company Tax Return CT600 showing the
company’s and the person’s details with the person’s net dividend amount and tax
credit.
(ii) Personal bank statement(s) showing that those dividends were paid into an account
in the name of the person or in the name of the person and their partner jointly.
(e) Evidence of ongoing employment as a director of the company or of ongoing
dividend income from the company. This evidence may include payslips (or dividend
vouchers) and personal bank statements showing that, in the period since the latest 12-
month period covered by the Company Tax Return CT600, the person’s salary as a
director of the company (or dividend income from the company) was paid into an
account in the name of the person or in the name of the person and their partner jointly.
Alternative evidence may include evidence of ongoing payment of business rates,
business-related insurance premiums or employer National Insurance contributions in
relation to the company.

athivak243
Newly Registered

Post by athivak243 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:02 pm

Mojohnson : Thanks a lot for you reply. Is it possible for you share list of documents you have submitted for visa.

Mojohnson
Pakistan

Post by Mojohnson » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:29 pm

I will try to do so tomorrow - I have to locate the file that they sent back to me and then I will send you the list.

athivak243
Newly Registered

Post by athivak243 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:36 am

Mojohnson: Thanks a lot for your help.

aesuruoso
Newly Registered

Post by aesuruoso » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:27 am

@Mojohnson.. I currently have the same scenario as you (I have a limited liability company which meets the financial requirements but is newly created).

Could you send a list of a documents you posted?

Also, which category did you prove your financial requirements with...Category F or G?

Mojohnson
Pakistan

Post by Mojohnson » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:30 am

What do you mean when you say newly created ? When does your tax year end ?

I applied Cat F as my company had only been running one year.

I will post the list at some point today.

aesuruoso
Newly Registered

Post by aesuruoso » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:57 pm

@Mojohnson

I was working as permanent employee for all of 2015. In February 2016, I starting contracting and set a limited liability company with no break in between. My company has been existence for a total of 9 months and as such, I don't have a company tax return as my company is not 1 year old yet.

What I would like to know is what Category I should select for the Appendix 2 form. My company has earning above the £18,600 threshold and I have taken dividends above the threshold in this first year of trading. However, I don't know whether I should select Category A + F, since I was permanent and self-employed in the last full financial year....or just select Category F since my company is less than a year old

Mojohnson
Pakistan

Post by Mojohnson » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:06 am

As far as I am aware, you cannot combine permanent employment with self employment to meet the requirements.

If I was in your position, I personally would look to wait a few months so that my financial year is complete - so that all the required documents can be submitted. At this moment in time you are limited with respect to what documents you have available.

In any case here is a list of the financial documents I sent last year when I applied:

•Official accountant letter - giving summary of how much was made in the Financial year , amount of dividends and corporation tax . Isn't actually required but looks good in my opinion.
•Employee letter - I had two letters from my employers indicating they were planning to use my services longterm- they put in number of protracted hours a month and estimated salary for that time. This shows evidence of ongoing employment.

•CT600 - tax return
•Evidence of submission of CT600 - hmrc send you an email which you can use for this .
•Personal and company bank statements for the 12 months . Also include any further statements upto application dates as they want to see proof of existing work so needs to be within 28 days.
•Companies house incorporation documents
•Initial hmrc letter with paye references - I got these stamped by accountant and signed by him.
•Unaudited accounts with certificate of confirmation from accountant
•Current appointments report
•Wage slips - make sure dates correspond to bank statements
•Dividend vouchers
•P60

I have come across someone on this forum who was successful without having completed a financial year but that was some time back and I think the rules and regulations are a lot more strict now. Furthermore you risk wasting a lot of time and money if the application is rejected.

Please ask if you have any more questions.