ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS Partner 5yr ILR route, Partner not eligible at same time

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

San2016
Newly Registered

PBS Partner 5yr ILR route, Partner not eligible at same time

Post by San2016 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:33 am

Hi

could anyone please help me ?

I am eligible for ILR in Mar 2016

my partner got Tier 1 depedent visa on May 2013 and came to Uk in the year June 2013. My partners visa expiry date is same as mine march 2016.

My wife is not eligible for ILR on the same time as mine...

I am going to apply for ILR through postal application, I have few questions.

1) what application does my wife has to fill?
2) can she apply at the same time as mine?. because I am applying by post my wife's visa will expire before I get my visa.
3) If we both apply through post what kind of evidence she have to provide?.

Please help

regards
Sankar

geriatrix

Re: PBS Partner 5yr ILR route, Partner not eligible at same

Post by geriatrix » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:45 am

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

San2016
Newly Registered

Postal application for ILR and PBS Tier 1 dependant together

Post by San2016 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:16 am

Hello,

Can someone please help me with postal application procedure for ILR and PBS dependant at the same time?.

Currently i am on Tier 1 general visa, it expires on March 2016 and applying for ILR on March 2016 (5 year continuous residency and 28 days before current visa expiry), through postal application. My wife joined me on June 2013 (applies 5 year residency for ILR) and her visa expires on March 2016 as well.

Can someone explain how we can apply both together through postal?.

I can see the postal address for ILR application and PBS dependant application are different?

For ILR:
============================
Home Office
SET(O)
Indefinite Leave to remain
PO Box 591
Durham
DH1 9FS

For PBS Dependant Extension:
Home Office
Tier 1 Dependants
PO Box 496
Durham
DH99 1WQ

Do i need to keep any covering letter referencing my ILR postal application with my wife's PBS dependant postal application?. If so, what forms do i need to submit with my wife's PBS dependant postal application?.I couldn't find any postal address for application made together as family (one ILR and other PBS dependant). Please help.

O_Relly

Re: Postal application for ILR and PBS Tier 1 dependant toge

Post by O_Relly » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:00 pm

I don't think you can make one combined postal application for your ILR and her Tier 1 Dependent extension. It will have to be treated as two separate applications.

Unless you are going to use your bank account as proof of maintenance funds (3 months bank stmts) for your dependent's application, I don't see much else in the form of supporting documentation that will overlap between the two applications.
Cheers,
OR

mikeyballack
Newly Registered

Re: Postal application for ILR and PBS Tier 1 dependant toge

Post by mikeyballack » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:33 pm

San2016 wrote:Hello,

Can someone please help me with postal application procedure for ILR and PBS dependant at the same time?.

Currently i am on Tier 1 general visa, it expires on March 2016 and applying for ILR on March 2016 (5 year continuous residency and 28 days before current visa expiry), through postal application. My wife joined me on June 2013 (applies 5 year residency for ILR) and her visa expires on March 2016 as well.

Can someone explain how we can apply both together through postal?.

I can see the postal address for ILR application and PBS dependant application are different?

For ILR:
Home Office
SET(O)
Indefinite Leave to remain
PO Box 591
Durham
DH1 9FS

For PBS Dependant Extension:
Home Office
Tier 1 Dependants
PO Box 496
Durham
DH99 1WQ

Do i need to keep any covering letter referencing my ILR postal application with my wife's PBS dependant postal application?. If so, what forms do i need to submit with my wife's PBS dependant postal application?.I couldn't find any postal address for application made together as family (one ILR and other PBS dependant). Please help.

Hi San,

I hope you might have got your ILR by now?

I am exactly in the same boat as you, my Tier 1 General Visa expires on 22nd July 2016 and my wife PBS dependent expires on the same day (She came to UK in Nov-2015).

Please could you let me know how you processed your and your wife's application and did you include any covering letter or not ?

Thanks