ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent help on ihs fees - Settlement dependent application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vyasmuthu
Newly Registered

Urgent help on ihs fees - Settlement dependent application

Post by vyasmuthu » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:46 pm

We're trying to apply for dependent wife (of a british citizen ) for settlement visa in chennai India. This is application for my wife and step son(6 yrs old). They never visited uk before.

While submitting the online application we chose "Child or Other Dependant of Settled Person" as category for my step son. after paying the IHS surcharge for wife it showed 0 fee for step son's application. we haven't paid the application fees yet as the bank card was declined at that time. Main application fees is not paid yet.

Now the "IHS payment completed" status shown for both applicants. How do we correct this and pay IHS surcharge for my step son .

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Urgent help on ihs fees - Settlement dependent applicati

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:49 pm

Please tell us that your wife has sole responsibility and evidence of this for the child?? If she does not, the visa will likely be refused.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vyasmuthu
Newly Registered

Post by vyasmuthu » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:53 pm

Hi, She has sole custody. Also we have prepared lot of documentation to support Sole responsibility as well. letters from schools, doctors, councillor, every where she registered as single parent. and there is an affidavit with magistrate to get my step sons passport without noc from biological father. Biological father had no contact and lives in another state.

Now i don't know what to do about this surcharge issue

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:02 pm

Does the biological father's name appear on the birth certificate?

Was she married to the child's father?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vyasmuthu
Newly Registered

Post by vyasmuthu » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:25 pm

Hi
Yes it appears both on Birth certificate as well as passport.
He was born when they were married and right after his birth they got mutual divorced ( 4.5 years ago) and court awarded Sole custody to her. He was living with her till now with no intervention from his bio-father.
We have all the court documents ( petition, decree nissi, etc).

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:20 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)

vyasmuthu
Newly Registered

Post by vyasmuthu » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:26 pm

Hi
Thanks. We did look through all the materials including above and understood that it is not a straight forward application. We hope to be able to convince ECO about sole responsibility as my wife is single daughter and looked after her son all his life.

Now back to my original question , when we try to apply we are not able to pay IHS fee and it keeps saying you don't have to pay. We are making a joint application along with my wife for him too.
We are applying for him under visa category "settlement - child or dependent of settled" as this is only option shown to him.

My worry is if they will reject the application saying i have applied using wrong category. please advise.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:25 pm

If your wife is applying for a spouse settlement visa then yes, child will apply for a spouse settlement visa too.

They must 'apply alone', i.e. not input your details. Not sure why you are getting £0 for IHS. I have not had to use IHS so not familiar with the online system as don't have log in access.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:28 pm

vyasmuthu wrote:Thanks. We did look through all the materials including above and understood that it is not a straight forward application. We hope to be able to convince ECO about sole responsibility as my wife is single daughter and looked after her son all his life.
You should be aware that unless she shows and proves sole responsibility, the child's visa risks refusal. Recently a member applied twice and had both child settlement visas refused for the step child (mother granted visa), even with an affidavit from the biological father. HO is very strict on this point.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

vyasmuthu
Newly Registered

Post by vyasmuthu » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:44 pm

thanks for quick response CR001 , you mean we should only choose spouse settlement visa category and should not show me as sponsor? i have prepared SU07 and covering letters in this respect and was thinking about adding my name as the sponsor for my step son. If my details are not included whose name should be in the sponsor section ( as online application doesn't allow me to submit without filling this). Please advise

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:46 pm

You don't need SU07 for spouse/child settlement.

For the visa form you include your details. For IHS they should apply alone.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:44 pm

CR001 wrote: Not sure why you are getting £0 for IHS. I have not had to use IHS so not familiar with the online system as don't have log in access.
I also got zero when was trying to make settlement application for my wife and kids. I managed to pay for wife but they were calculating IHS zero for kids . I created 2/3 different application for child from start but it was again zero then i contacted UKVI on their paid number and they advise me to go ahead and get IHS number even if its zero as they still give you IHS number. She said that UKVI will contact me later if needed to pay for kids . It seem to me that they are making some changes about IHS as far as under 16 year old kids of settlement people concern

vyasmuthu
Newly Registered

Post by vyasmuthu » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:52 am

Thanks, Thats very helpful. We will go ahead and pay application fee now.

smj_jak

Post by smj_jak » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:24 am

Hi Guys,

Its happen with me as well when I make an application for my kids. The IHS was exempt and I submit the application to vfs.

But today I got this mail

"Mr Jaf

This is with reference to the visa applications made by your spouse and three children.
Please note that HS is applicable for all the three children.

The top up has been created and sent to your e-mail address. Please do check and do the needful before 30/6/2016.

Thank you

HS Team – Chennai

UK Visas and Immigration | South India and Sri Lanka

British Deputy High Commission, 20 Anderson Road, Chennai 600 006, India
Phone:(91)44 42192151"

Could anyone please advise me should I go-ahead and pay the fee or should I challenge them ?

Thanks in advance for all your suggestions.

Njoki66
Newly Registered

Post by Njoki66 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:37 pm

smj_jak wrote:Hi Guys,

Its happen with me as well when I make an application for my kids. The IHS was exempt and I submit the application to vfs.

But today I got this mail

"Mr Jaf

This is with reference to the visa applications made by your spouse and three children.
Please note that HS is applicable for all the three children.

The top up has been created and sent to your e-mail address. Please do check and do the needful before 30/6/2016.

Thank you

HS Team – Chennai

UK Visas and Immigration | South India and Sri Lanka

British Deputy High Commission, 20 Anderson Road, Chennai 600 006, India
Phone:(91)44 42192151"

Could anyone please advise me should I go-ahead and pay the fee or should I challenge them ?

Thanks in advance for all your suggestions.
Hi, am in the same situation and I wanted to know if you got the visa