ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non-EEA PR via EEA spouse or via child?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

efimmike

Non-EEA PR via EEA spouse or via child?

Post by efimmike » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:18 pm

Hi Obie/gurus
I would like to share my case on here for some advice. I met my EU wife mid 2011 and we decided to live together a year later, April 2012. We got married in June 2012 and i applied for residence permit which was granted in January 2013. God blessed us with a baby in July 2015.
My wife came to UK over 10 years ago, she has been on employment since she came to UK and has been working for the same company for more than 7 years.
She is considering to apply for permanent residence and we are not very sure if she can include me as a spouse (family member) even though we have been living together for just over 4years instead of 5 years as stipulated.
First question is, i my eligible for PR base on my daughter? I came to UK in 2009 as a student, had 2 years post study visa and currently on EEA residence permit which will expire in 2018.
Second question; can we apply for British passport for our baby?
Thanks for your contributions.

noajthan

Re: Non-EEA PR via EEA spouse or via child?

Post by noajthan » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:29 pm

To avoid confusion & jumbled responses, I have moved your question to its own thread (this one) rather than the old topic you had tagged onto.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.