ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Successful PEO/PSC ILR applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

peonies9
Newly Registered

Re: Successful PEO/PSC ILR applications

Post by peonies9 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:15 pm

Hi all,

Silent reader here, granted ILR 13th June PEO Croydon based on 10 years LR, the whole process was smooth and fairly easy to follow through.

Appointment: 9:00am
Decision: 11:30am
Category: Unmarried partner route to ILR
Nationality: Non EEA
Payment: £2375
PEO branch: Croydon
Docs submitted:
- SET (LR) form
- Separate sheet for absence list (less than 540 days)
- Appointment booking checklist (which also contains Payment confirmation)
- 2 x photos
- Current valid + all previous expired passports (including photocopies of all pages with travel stamps only)
- Current valid BRP
- LIUK test (+1 photocopy)
- CEFR B1 Trinity College London (+1 photocopy)

All passports, LIUK and CEFR B1 returned with UKBA letter for nw BRP.

Thanks all for the vast and invaluable information on here. Good luck for everyone going for ILR.

jt897142
Newly Registered

Post by jt897142 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:15 pm

congrats.

Truhislo
Newly Registered

Post by Truhislo » Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:47 pm

Hi,
A query to those who had got their ILR on Tier-1 general category after April 2016 please.

I am on Tier-1 general.Have ILR appointment in few days and I am stuck with English language knowledge proof.Need help please.

In my initial and extension applications, PBS had my qualification and university listed in Naric database.So I submitted only original degree certificate but not any English knowledge proof.PBS is disabled now and as per latest SET O application, it sounds that either English language test or NARIC certficate is must to prove english knowledge.

Did anyone who was in same boat , got ILR without submitting any new proof of English language just for ILR but not in previous tier-1 general applications

English language knowledge section in Set o application :
4.3 Have you and/or your partner obtained the following to show that you have met the knowledge of language and life in the UK requirement. You Your partner
Life in the UK test pass
And either
• A speaking and listening qualification at level B1 or above from the Secure English Language Test (SELT) list (Go to question 4.5 below); OR
• An academic qualification deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognised standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the United Kingdom and:
˗ UK NARIC has confirmed that the qualification was taught or researched in English; or
˗ the qualification was taught or researched in the UK or a majority English speaking country (other than Canada); OR
▪ You are a national of a majority English speaking country (as in the list at https://www.gov.uk/english-language)

Thanks in advance

mmo
Newly Registered

Post by mmo » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:33 pm

Hi all,
My ilr got approved yesterday without letter from previous employer about absences.

Sheffield PSC
5 years tier 2 route
Single applicant with no dependent

Documents submitted
---------------------------
2 old passports and current one
Tier 2 brp
2 recent photos
Application form
Life in uk
BSc and MSc degrees
6 months payslips
Current employer letter
My letter about absences and explanation about not being able to get one from ex employer
P45 for previous job
Old payslips from previous job
2 air tickets matching the holidays
Solicitor letter explaining my background
Current accounts with wages transaction
Cash isa six months statements
Regular saver six month statements
2014, 2015 and 2016 p60s
Employment history from Hmrc

Total absences-35 days
My case can be considered relatively straightforward. I had changed job once over five years. My final year salary is made of base and an allowance which brings my pay to above the required 35k. I was worried about this, but it wasn't an issue abvoiusly.

I had struggled with getting absences letter from previous employer, but luckily I haven't been asked anything regarding this. It was very fast. I arrived there half an hour earlier than my appointment time. It is not very busy as well, compared to Croydon. I had gone there for my second tier 2. It only took them 55 mins to give me decision. I am very glad to get over this.

Wishing the very best for everyone here,
mmo :)

WRS

Post by WRS » Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:55 pm

Hi all,

I have got my ILR approved at PEO Croydon this saturday and here are the details:

1. Applications: Main Applicant + 2 Dependents (Wife+Child)

2. PEO Croydon Appointment: Saturday 11-Jun-2016, 11:00AM
Entered PEO at 10:30 AM through airport style security
Case Registration: Took almost 40 minutes
Biometric Registration: Took about 15 minutes
Decision Time: About 2 hours
Total time: ~3 hours from entering to exiting Lunar House 3rd floor

3. Case Circumstances
Tier 1 General 5 year Route
Director of Ltd Company for last 5 years
Applied within 28 days of 5 years completion (@ 4 years, 11 months, 8 days)
Wife eligible based on 2 year cohabition (her dependent visa was granted pre 09-July-2012 rules)
Child not borned in UK therefore, applied for his ILR

4. Evidence Submitted
SA302's for last 5 years (I have submiited all tax returns on time and there was no amendments)
P60s for last 5 years
Paysilps for last claimed 12 months
Dividend vouchers for last claimed 12 months
Personal bank statements showing salary being credited (this was checked as the pages were shuffled)
Business bank statements for the claimed 12 months
Sales invoices
Income breakdown summary sheet
Letter from Accountant confirming exact income claimed
Summary of Absences (I had only 64 days in total for 5 years)
Copies of employment contracts
VAT returns
Company incorporation and VAT registration certificates
Accountant's accrediion
Passport photos x2 for each applicant

5. Cohabition evidence submitted
Council Tax bills with names of both for last 4 years
Spouse Personal Bank Statements with her name but SAME address for last 4 years
Tenancy agreements for last 4 years having names of both' of us

6. BRP received on 15/06/16 (within 4 days, impressive!)

All in all a smooth pleasant experience, No questions were asked!

This is wonderful forum with plenty of helpful people and hats off to the gurus who take time to answer questions of novices which greatly helps.

All the best to everyone!

Cheers,

WRS

Post by WRS » Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:06 pm

Truhislo wrote:Hi,
A query to those who had got their ILR on Tier-1 general category after April 2016 please.

I am on Tier-1 general.Have ILR appointment in few days and I am stuck with English language knowledge proof.Need help please.

In my initial and extension applications, PBS had my qualification and university listed in Naric database.So I submitted only original degree certificate but not any English knowledge proof.PBS is disabled now and as per latest SET O application, it sounds that either English language test or NARIC certficate is must to prove english knowledge.

Did anyone who was in same boat , got ILR without submitting any new proof of English language just for ILR but not in previous tier-1 general applications

English language knowledge section in Set o application :
4.3 Have you and/or your partner obtained the following to show that you have met the knowledge of language and life in the UK requirement. You Your partner
Life in the UK test pass
And either
• A speaking and listening qualification at level B1 or above from the Secure English Language Test (SELT) list (Go to question 4.5 below); OR
• An academic qualification deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognised standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the United Kingdom and:
˗ UK NARIC has confirmed that the qualification was taught or researched in English; or
˗ the qualification was taught or researched in the UK or a majority English speaking country (other than Canada); OR
▪ You are a national of a majority English speaking country (as in the list at https://www.gov.uk/english-language)

Thanks in advance
Please check the FAQ on English language requirement on this forum
http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 93792.html

vipulalways
Newly Registered

Post by vipulalways » Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:46 pm

Hi MMO and WRS,

Congrats on the successful application!.

If I may ask, what did you submit for English language proof, in case any of you had non-UK degree and used that earlier when original Tier 1 / Tier 2 applications.

I went through the FAQs on English and some other comments in the forum - but just wanted to understand if I can at all use non-UK degree (without NARIC certificate or even B1 test - since both of it is going to take time), which was used during my Tier 1 application.

Thanks in advance

WRS

Post by WRS » Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:51 pm

vipulalways wrote:Hi MMO and WRS,

Congrats on the successful application!.

If I may ask, what did you submit for English language proof, in case any of you had non-UK degree and used that earlier when original Tier 1 / Tier 2 applications.

I went through the FAQs on English and some other comments in the forum - but just wanted to understand if I can at all use non-UK degree (without NARIC certificate or even B1 test - since both of it is going to take time), which was used during my Tier 1 application.

Thanks in advance
Thanks Vipul,

At the time of my initial application in 2008, i used IELTS general training certificate, i used the same expired certificate with my ILR application.

mmo
Newly Registered

Post by mmo » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:02 am

Hi vipulalways,

I have submitted MSc and BSc certificates and they are both from UK universities.

Good luck,
mmo

vipulalways
Newly Registered

Post by vipulalways » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:20 pm

WRS and MMO, thanks for the responses...

Congrats again

AbdulMoiz
Newly Registered

Post by AbdulMoiz » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:16 pm

HI WRS

Can you please tell me what evidence if any is required for the absences during the 5 year period? The absences are not work related.

Thanks

WRS

Post by WRS » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:55 pm

AbdulMoiz wrote:HI WRS

Can you please tell me what evidence if any is required for the absences during the 5 year period? The absences are not work related.

Thanks
Hi Moiz,

You can make an excel summary sheet for your absences Mentioning the reason for each. If these are less than 180 days within a year, you may give reason such as visiting family or friends and no further evidence is necessary (from personal as well asexperiences of other people), there aren't any questions asked, some of the applicants haven't submitted any evidence at all yet are approved with no questions asked. If your absences are more than 180 days in a year, then you may provide the reason as to why and any supporting evidence (medical reason, obituary etc)

AbdulMoiz
Newly Registered

Post by AbdulMoiz » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:50 am

Hi WRS

Thanks alot for your prompt response :)

motoaxis
Newly Registered

Post by motoaxis » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:55 pm

Hi

I have applied for ILR through Tier-1(general) route on 17th May 2016 at Croydon PSC and got refused due to taxation issues.

1. I have applied my first Tier-1 application in April 2011, where I have shown my income from 2sources PAYE salary and dividends (director of a LTD company). For which I have paid all the tax dues in full and in time and also I have all the receipts and proofs. Don't why HMRC haven't got that in their records

2. Second application for Tier-1 was made in May 2013, again where I have shown my income from 2sources PAYE salary and dividends (director of a LTD company). In this case there was a mistake made by accountant or due to my lack of knowledge on taxation I only paid half of the tax( if paid in full would have been extra £1600.00). As I said due my lack of knowledge and trust on a professional drag me into trouble. I have realized the mistake only after the refusal, because until today I still have the company on which I am doing some business and all taxes are duly paid in full within the timescales. After realizing the mistake straight away applied changes and requested HMRC to make the amendments, now waiting for them to process the request.

My application was refused under Paragraph 245CD(b),(g) with reference to Paragraph 322(5) and Paragraph 19(i) and 19(J)(iv) of the appendix A under the general grounds.

Applied for AR and received the outcome on 24th June. They have stayed with same decision as REFUSAL. However they have changed some articles removed 322(5) deception.

New refusal reason are based on under Paragraph 245CD(g) with reference to Paragraph 19(i) and 19(J)(iv) of Appendix A.

My questions are
1. What chances I have got going forward ?
2. To go with a new application or JR route
3. Before the expiry of Tier-1 visa (29th May 2016) I have applied for FLR(O) which I believe will continue my RIGHT TO LIVE AND WORK. But after receiving the AR refusal my employer is arranging a meeting to show me proof that I have right to work. Can anyone correct me please, am I correct ? Under article 3C if I apply for any new application the previous rights will stay until a decision was taken on the new application

Can you please share your expertise.

Thanks

motoaxis
Newly Registered

Post by motoaxis » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:56 pm

Hi

I have applied for ILR through Tier-1(general) route on 17th May 2016 at Croydon PSC and got refused due to taxation issues.

1. I have applied my first Tier-1 application in April 2011, where I have shown my income from 2sources PAYE salary and dividends (director of a LTD company). For which I have paid all the tax dues in full and in time and also I have all the receipts and proofs. Don't why HMRC haven't got that in their records

2. Second application for Tier-1 was made in May 2013, again where I have shown my income from 2sources PAYE salary and dividends (director of a LTD company). In this case there was a mistake made by accountant or due to my lack of knowledge on taxation I only paid half of the tax( if paid in full would have been extra £1600.00). As I said due my lack of knowledge and trust on a professional drag me into trouble. I have realized the mistake only after the refusal, because until today I still have the company on which I am doing some business and all taxes are duly paid in full within the timescales. After realizing the mistake straight away applied changes and requested HMRC to make the amendments, now waiting for them to process the request.

My application was refused under Paragraph 245CD(b),(g) with reference to Paragraph 322(5) and Paragraph 19(i) and 19(J)(iv) of the appendix A under the general grounds.

Applied for AR and received the outcome on 24th June. They have stayed with same decision as REFUSAL. However they have changed some articles removed 322(5) deception.

New refusal reason are based on under Paragraph 245CD(g) with reference to Paragraph 19(i) and 19(J)(iv) of Appendix A.

My questions are
3. Before the expiry of Tier-1 visa (29th May 2016) I have applied for FLR(O) which I believe will continue my RIGHT TO LIVE AND WORK. But after receiving the AR refusal my employer is arranging a meeting to show me proof that I have right to work. Can anyone correct me please, am I correct ? Under article 3C if I apply for any new application the previous rights will stay until a decision was taken on the new application

Thanks

adeelishaq786

Post by adeelishaq786 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:46 am

a lot more people are in same boat as you, not many success examples so far here..
motoaxis wrote:
Hi

My questions are

Thanks

adeelishaq786

Post by adeelishaq786 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:54 am

good to read about people getting there ILR'swithout any issue.. hope illl get mine too
cruis wrote:
iahsan wrote:1. Category: ILR (LR)
2. Number of dependents: 0
3. Total cost: £ 2375
4. PEO branch: Solihull, Birmingham
5. Time taken: 2.5 hrs
6. Documents provided
Passports: All
BRP
Life in the UK Pass certificate
UK Degree Certificates
2 Photographs

Hi congratulations!!!

Even though you may have no amendments in tax in your previous applications, did the case worker ask any questions around tax discrepancy in extension or initial applications. I am going with full time employment for ilr but just wanted to know if the case workers are enthusiastically asking any questions around amendments etc.

JoeLawerence2
India

Post by JoeLawerence2 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:56 pm

My situation:
- I completed 5 years on Tier 2 General and applied for ILR
- Had around five months gap between employment
- Previous employer did not have records of my absence from UK so did not provide letter

Appointment details:
Date: 23rd June, 2016
Appointment time: 9:10
Arrived at centre: 10: 40 (see details below)
Decision: 14:15
Category: Tier 2 General to ILR route
Nationality: Non EEA
Payment: £2375
PEO branch: Croydon

Docs submitted:
- SET (O) form
- Appointment checklist form printout
- Passports (Current and expired)
- BRP card
- 2 x photos
- LIUK test certificate
- UK Masters Degree certificate
- Current Employer Letter with absences
- 3 months payslips
- 3 months bank statement
- Covering letter explaining dates out of UK and reason

Docs with me but not submitted:
5 years P60’s (Not required to Tier 2 General route)

I got my ILR approved on Thursday, 23rd June which was the same date as the EU Referendum voting. There was flooding overnight so all public transports were affected and I had to take a taxi mid-way of my commute then got caught in traffic and so reached the centre almost 1.5 hours after my scheduled appointment time. But no issues because of that and I got the token at around 10:55. Then I got called for submitting my application at around 11:30 and finished submission and biometrics by around 12:00.

Then the wait began as I watched my application remain in ‘Awaiting consideration’ for about 1.5 hours and then it moved to ‘under Consideration’ at around 13:30. After 40 minutes (around 14:10) or so my application moved to ‘Awaiting Collection’. So I went to counter no.44 (which is the counter to collect all processed application) and collected my ILR approval letter. Then time to call wifey and family to let them know of the good news.

The one issue that I was concerned about was a gap of 5 months between my employment although I was on valid Tier 2 General visa at that time. Apparently that did not cause any issues and I got the ILR approved.

oni82

Post by oni82 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:52 pm

Hi Guys, trying to book a PEO appointment. I tried outside London as I hear CW are a bit "cooler" but the system won't give anything beyond the 9th of July! I try Croydon and it gives me all the way up to the 18th of july!

How come? I was hopping to avoid Croydon as I hear is a pain! Any advice please?

oni82

Post by oni82 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:06 pm

CR001 wrote:
sagan wrote:Hi guys
Slightly off topic, but hopefully someone can help me. When you booked the appointment online, how quickly could you an appointment? Was there one available on the day? In the week etc? Or were there no open slots for several weeks?
Thanks
Appointments appear recently to only be available 20-28 days in advance. Most people don't have issues booking appointments and the problems of a couple of years ago are not there anymore.
CR001,

I am trying to book an appointment outside London, I waanted to avoid Croydon as I hear at times people in there can be a pain. Anyway, I tried all out of London centers even Glasgow but nothing beyond the 9th! I try Croydon and it has a lot up to the 17th of july. I will become eligible the 15th and that's the date i was looking at. I don't think that the ones after the 9th are booked is just the system seems not to go so far imo.

Any thoughts please?

salimisaf
Newly Registered
India

Post by salimisaf » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:59 am

I would suggest keep checking a couple of days.
Happened with me, I was looking for around 19th June appointments at Croydon, however, the system was showing no appointments available for next 42 days (while trying roughly between 1st to 16th June). Then suddenly there were a number of appointments available from 21st June. Finally, I booked a 21st June appointment on 16th of June.

BTW, I understand people have preferences over different PEO's, however, I believe it actually depends more on the individual caseworker than the PEO.

JoeLawerence2
India

Post by JoeLawerence2 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:27 pm

oni82 wrote:Hi Guys, trying to book a PEO appointment. I tried outside London as I hear CW are a bit "cooler" but the system won't give anything beyond the 9th of July! I try Croydon and it gives me all the way up to the 18th of july!

How come? I was hopping to avoid Croydon as I hear is a pain! Any advice please?
If yours is a straightforward application then any PEO will be fine. But if it's not straightforward then Croydon as actually better as they have senior caseworkers who can take decision then and there. Other regions do not senior caseworkers so will your application along with postal ones if it is tricky.

karankun

Post by karankun » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:14 am

All Successful candidates..

First of all congratulations on your successful ILR.. Can't see any success post after 23rd of June.. People please share your success stories as those are very helpful..

Thanks in advance

rajeswaris
Newly Registered

Post by rajeswaris » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:22 pm

Successful ILR Application at Croydon PEO on the 6th of July

I had a successful ILR application at Croydon PEO

1. Income : Limited Company Director ( PAYE Salary + Dividends)
2. I have always filed my tax returns (company + self assessment ) on time

However had a little bit of drama on the day , which was totally due to my fault. I read some posts before sending my application but did not pay attention and called up HMRC 10 days before to get my employment details instead of my SA302s. As a result my employment details showed my salaries and no dividends. I realised the mistake and had no intention of submitting these on the day, but submitted them and then the problem started. After about 1.5 hours of submitting the forms and documents and the bio metric , I received a call from the case worker who had my employment details from HMRC ( the one which I submitted ) and my company returns. She said there was no way she could prove that I had filed returns for the same amount of money that I can claimed in income during my last extension and if I had some proofs. Needless to say I was very tensed and said I am sure I did but did not have anything right away. She then asked me to fill a form , the questions of which related around Self Employment to which I obviously answered no. After this she said she is going to talk to her manager. During this time , believe me even though I have always filed on time and the correct amount and never made an amendment I had all kinds of negative thoughts in my mind - Did I not do it that year?

To make matters worse, I then again received a call from her telling me I had to provide some document and why my company returns were not attested (of course I forgot to attest that) and if I could give her the sa302s for the year in question. I said I can login to my account in hmrc and download it and she said that would be great. I was very very nervous at this stage . Finally searching through my email I could login to hmrc , dowload whatever sa302 I could find and also found the letter from my accountant that I had submitted during my extension. I had a big relief when I found I had infact filed a return for more than the amount I had claimed (as i had taken some more dividend after my extension) . So I took all the printouts and went to submit these .. but realised there was no way I could meet the caseworker again .. so I wrote a covering letter explaining what I had claimed , what I had filed as my return etc.

After another stressful hour I received another call from her ( I was about to faint then) saying everything was fine and she is processing the documents and I will get them back soon. Within 10 mins found my number in the ready for collection state.

I was relieved and very happy. I never had any doubt in my application but never expected the drama as well.

Moral of the story :
1.take your sa302s
2. don't submit confusing documentation
3. don't take undue stress
4. the case workers are just doing their job . they are not out there to get you.

Still waiting for the Bio Metric Card but today is Day 1.

All the best to all other applicants.

mossbros
Newly Registered

Post by mossbros » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:36 am

Hi Guys,

I've made my successful ILR application on 15th June and I still did not receive the BRP card.
I've sent the email to BRP management team several time, but no response. :cry:
Any idea what shall I do next??