ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR, tax , BC .........help

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

zsw
Newly Registered

ILR, tax , BC .........help

Post by zsw » Sun Sep 19, 2004 12:55 pm

I got my ILR in October :roll: 2004. I am from one of those companies that pays net of tax salary. So I dont have NINO, P60s etc. Based on a letter issued by the employer for continuation of my employement (issues for different reason than ILR) I got my ILR for self and spouse. No questions asked by HO - ILR was given within 30 minutes -only papers asked was employer letter and bank statement. Employer does not know that I hold ILR for past about one year.

Now I have got a kid since then born in the UK - what is the process for the BC for the kid ? If we don't get it now - apply for the country's (my nationality) passport now and get the ILR done do we loose the right to the BC for the kid ?

What abt my BC ? What is the process ? Has anyone from such tax process applied for BC and got it ?

zsw
Newly Registered

Post by zsw » Sat Sep 25, 2004 11:10 pm

Can anyone help me pl

try-one
Member of Standing

New born

Post by try-one » Sun Sep 26, 2004 7:08 am

Hi,
Since 1981 (about ) a new law defines that if the parents are british or they have ILR then the new born acquires british nationality.
Go to the passport website, register online the new baby, a form almost filled will get to you by post, then add the info, copies of the ILR and in a few weeks you will get the baby british passport.
dr

zsw
Newly Registered

Post by zsw » Thu Oct 07, 2004 9:56 pm

Hello any more update

zsw
Newly Registered

Re: Now eligible for BC myself

Post by zsw » Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:54 pm

Hi,

I am eligible for Bc myself. It is clear from the messages on the board that ILR is no issue for indian software company employees (even I got it) paying net salary - no p60 etc.

But is that an issue for applying BC ? What docs are needed for BC ?

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:06 am

mskn
Newly Registered

Post by mskn » Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:11 pm

Hi ,
I'm now eligible for ILR .. i have completed continuous 4 year on WP in UK. I have got all the document except employer letter. My company wont give me letter to home office for ILR neither it will give me a general letter i.e. "to whomseover it may concern". How ever i think i can get the same adressed to sombedy else..like to Bank or to some embassy . will that be treated as employer letter. I have got all other document upto date i.e. P60 form of all 4 year..my offer letter ..bank statement .. all the paysleep... Please sugest what should i do ?

zsw
Newly Registered

Post by zsw » Sat Dec 11, 2004 5:54 pm

You can apply

John

Post by John » Sat Dec 11, 2004 10:48 pm

That employer letter is not a requirement. Just proceed with the application with the supporting documents that the application form actually asks for.

mskn
Newly Registered

Post by mskn » Fri Dec 17, 2004 8:36 pm

Thanks Guys,
I got the ILR yesterday. Employer letter adressed to third party along with the client letter was fine to IND office.
You guys are doing great work.

Thanks
mskn

zsw
Newly Registered

Post by zsw » Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:42 pm

can i apply for BC ?

John

Post by John » Sat Jan 08, 2005 8:05 am

If your question relates to the documents needed in support of an application for Naturalisation as British, that is made clear by the application form and the accompanying guide.

As regards employment, you will see that you need to name your employer and also give your tax reference and NINO. You do not actually need to supply any sort of letter from your employer. If IND feel the need to check, they will.

Easier for them to check is via tax and national insurance records, again, if they feel the need.

The comment remains ... if you are eligible to apply for naturalisation .... do so as soon as you can. Extra requirements are in the pipeline and also the application fee might well increase. IND now have statutory power to charge above-cost fees, but have yet to use that power.