ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will benefits effect my wife visa? plz help

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Musa

Will benefits effect my wife visa? plz help

Post by Musa » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:39 am

Hello everyone.

I tried to find the answer of my query but i am getting confused.

I am British citizen and my wife is on spouse visa which needs extension next year and then ILR. We don't have any kids yet and not getting any kind of benefits yet. I am self employed private hire taxi driver and work more than 30 hours a week. I do earn Gross £18600/year but after all expenses (car settle, radio settle, fuel) i have left small amount to meet our daily needs.

My questions are:
1. With that Gross £18600 (before tax and all expenses), can i meet the financial requirement for my wife visa extension ?
2. Which benefits i can claim on my name that does not effect my wife visa extension in future ?

Many Thanks for help.

Casa

Re: Will benefits effect my wife visa? plz help

Post by Casa » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:49 am

To qualify under self-employed income you need to show that you have £18,600 annual earnings after business expenses have been deducted. In other words, the amount HMRC have assessed for your tax due.
Working tax credits if you're not over the earnings limit, but these must be claimed in joint names.
Any right to Housing Benefit can only be assessed as a single person.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Musa

Re: Will benefits effect my wife visa? plz help

Post by Musa » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:09 pm

Thanks Casa for your reply.

It means i can not apply for any benefits for now... because if i declare that my earnings are £18600 to fulfill my wife visa conditions, than i am not eligible for any benefits.
hence need to wait another 4 years until my wife gets ILR.

Regards