ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re: FLR(FP) and Discretionary Leave to Remain timelines

Post comments about workpermit.com website, don't post information related to immigration questions, work permit advice, etc.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bumaima
Newly Registered

Post by bumaima » Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:28 pm

Casa wrote:Gentle reminder (& applies to all timeline threads) ...

Please refrain from chattering in this topic. To keep it high-value, please just read it and only post when you have an update to provide (timelines only).

Queries, pleasantries, off-topic posts, duplicate posts, multiple posts relating to the same application, request for updates, posts enquiring about current timelines, etc. are not be posted, will be deleted without notice, and members posting irrelevant posts in this topic that require moderators to waste their time in cleaning up the topic may have their access restricted.
Thank you for consideration.

Dear Moderator(Casa), Thank you for the continued effort in Making this website a useful platform for several individuals.
Nonetheless, there are situations that warrants a members need to ask a question or make comments under certain posts as updates or ways of help to others.
While it remains true that members are required to refrain from chattering and pleasantries. However, I would plead that you at allow or consider posts that are made in relation to the topic at hand.
For example there are a few other topics such as the "FLR M " timelines where there is more leniency is posts made from members.
This is a just a suggestion. Kind Regards ,

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:42 pm

When we get to them the other timelines will be cleaned up and rationalised too.

The sole purpose of timeline threads is to act as a database of collective experience of the processing of applications that are in flight.
As simple yet as powerful as that.

Trying to assess which posts relate to what and which to add or remove (based on some sort of merit or relevance) would impose an intolerable and high maintenance overhead.
For example its almost midnight on a Saturday night and my shift not yet over.

It's not a question of leniency or severity. Its about the purpose of a topic.

Moderators, in the main, only have one pair of hands each and there are an awful lot of misused and jumbled/confused timeline threads out there;
they add absolutely no value anymore.

For this reason an alternative of simply leaving each thread to run its course is not an option either; that defeats the purpose of having a high-value, searchable and readable topic-based forum.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

bumaima
Newly Registered

Re: FLR FP timeline topic

Post by bumaima » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:30 am

Hi ,
Thank you for your response. How come your rules do not apply to other topics. Such as the FLRM timelines , where people are allowed to chat more freely. At the end of the day, your response seems to insinuate that monitoring people's various aplications timelines is all that matters. What about thier experiences and challenges they may encounter while doing so. I think that when rules are made they should be applied accross all topics on the site, and not just on the Flr Fp timeline only. More than often relevant post are deleted. We all have busy lives , work , family & a whole lot more. And there are time times that people's posts have been discarded and deemed as chattering. When Indeed there are useful information within that post . Thank you for the continued hard work and support. Regards,

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:32 am

You'll note that noajthan wrote "When we get to them the other timelines will be cleaned up and rationalised too." Both the original India and EEA2/FM timeline threads which had become 'white noise' have been closed and new closely moderated ones have been opened by CR001.
You should also appreciate that Moderators are often contacted by members to complain that the threads include posts other than timelines.
As the saying goes, "You can please some of the people some of the time, but not all of the people all of the time". :|
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:12 am

bumaima wrote:...

How come your rules do not apply to other topics. Such as the FLRM timelines , where people are allowed to chat more freely. At the end of the day, your response seems to insinuate that monitoring people's various aplications timelines is all that matters. What about thier experiences and challenges they may encounter while doing so. I think that when rules are made they should be applied accross all topics on the site, and not just on the Flr Fp timeline only.
The rules apply across the Board for the benefit and safety and security of all.

This forum is under constant attack and threat of misuse and abuse 24*7.
Spammers, trolls and all sorts of snakeoil salesmen/women and 'special advisors' trawl the posts.
You may not be aware of this - which is thanks to the moderators keeping the community safe.

As explained...
The sole purpose of timeline threads is to act as a database of collective experience of the processing of applications that are in flight.
As simple yet as powerful as that.

It's not a question of leniency or severity. Its about the purpose of a topic.

An alternative of simply leaving each thread to run its course is not an option either; that defeats the purpose of having a high-value, searchable and readable topic-based forum.

In a timeline there is absolutely no need to ask for "any updates". Updates will be posted when someone has an update.
"When is HO likely to reply" is also self-evident from the current timeline entries so why even ask!
Venting against HO in the thread adds further worthless white noise - they are not listening.

Questions such as "how do I apply" or "how do I contact HO" have no place in a timeline.
They are answered elsewhere; for example in Forum FAQs, in Forum 'sticky notes' and in previous topics.
If not, open a new topic.

Asking for PMs or asking for someone's number defeats the benefit of the public information system; it adds noise and is risky behaviour that helps noone.
And padding for the sake of accessing PM is a known abuse.

Members are welcome to open their own topic with own question. If they abide within Board T&Cs they will not be relocated.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:01 pm

See also similar discussion on the Timeline threads - appropriate conduct thread, the short discussion following this post and the first page of the EEA2 / FM-EFM Discussion thread.

The purpose of a Timeline Thread is to see, at a glance, how long a specific action takes. So, how long do passports applied from outside the UK take or how long have EEA?FM applications taken in the recent past, for instance.

Discussion of the application can either take place on a separate thread, as is now the case with the EEA2 / FM-EFM Discussion thread or in individual threads, so that one can know exactly which case each post relates to.

The OP could look at doing something like the Discussion Thread highlighted above, so that there would be two threads for FLR/FP; a Timeline Thread and a Discussion Thread.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.