ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spouse visa without status

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

maqeelk84

spouse visa without status

Post by maqeelk84 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:53 am

hi,
i want to know if i dont have any status means my application was refused and i applied for JR. my hearing would be in feb 2017
i am getting married soon to a british girl. can i still apply from inside UK
and please tell me how to register marriage in councils? because HO dont accept NIKAH NAMAH
Thanks

Casa

Re: spouse visa without status

Post by Casa » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:58 am

As a foreign national, in order to marry in the UK you will have to give register with a Home Office designated Registry Office. The Registrar is then legally bound to notify the HO who can then extend the notification period from 28 to 70 days in order to interview you both before the marriage can take place should they choose to do so.
The list of designated Registry Offices:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... OV_UK..pdf

Marriage won't change your legal status and you will have to apply for a spouse visa from outside of the UK.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

maqeelk84

Post by maqeelk84 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:09 pm

so if suppose i apply from UK . they wont consider?
because my case is still in pending with the court ?

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:15 pm

I don't believe you can submit a visa application in the UK while you have an appeal running. Others may want to comment whether this is applicable to JR.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.