ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR with too many absenses outside UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rock26
Newly Registered

ILR with too many absenses outside UK

Post by rock26 » Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:30 pm

Hi All!

I am eligible to apply for ILR on 20 march 2005 (based on 4 year contineous employment on work permit with the same employer). The issue is the number of absenses. Due to the nature of my work i am deployed on an overseas project for the last 2.5 years in the total 4 years period. In the ILR form the question regarding absenses is:

3.2.Since then have you had any absences of 3 months or more outside
the UK?

But my answer is 'NO' to this question because I have never broken the counter of 3 months and always travelled back to UK within 3 months , stayed for around 4 days and went back to the project.

My questions are that when I apply for ILR:
(1) do i still need to declare all of my absenses and obtain a letter from employer stating the reason for my absenses even my answer to question 3.2 is 'NO'?

(2)luckily in my latest passport there is only one visa stamp of the country where i am deployed for project, all the old stamps are in the previous passport. Do they ask for previous passports? because in case I don;t declare the absenses they might judge it from those stamps in my old passport.

(3) Is my case complicated enough that I should use a solicitor ?

(4) I was granted workpermit on 20 April 2001 in UK as i was on student visa, but started working with the employer on 20th aug 2001. Should I apply on 20 march 2005 or 20 aug 2005? as my 4 year workpermit condition is satisfied on 20 mar05, but my 4 year contineous employment condition is fulfilled on 20 Aug?

Thanks in advance

try-one
Member of Standing

Post by try-one » Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:57 pm

""2)luckily in my latest passport there is only one visa stamp of the country where i am deployed for project, all the old stamps are in the previous passport. Do they ask for previous passports? because in case I don;t declare the absenses they might judge it from those stamps in my old passport.
""

They have access to the immigration system and they know how many times you returned to the country, don't try to be clever by not declaring absences, they will find out that your are withholdding information and it will create problems for you.
-------------------------
Life is a journey, not a destination (S. Tyler)

rock26
Newly Registered

Post by rock26 » Thu Jan 06, 2005 5:55 pm

Many Thanks for your reply!

Can someone reply me on question no. 4 please?

rogerroger
Member of Standing

Post by rogerroger » Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:09 pm

can you not get your employer to get his lawyer on the case, it is always nicce to have a lawyer send your stuff, streamlines the process :)

rock26
Newly Registered

Post by rock26 » Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:08 pm

NO I will have to apply for ILR on my own.

Can someone reply me on question no 4 please?