ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Freedom of Information Act 2005

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Chess
Diamond Member

Freedom of Information Act 2005

Post by Chess » Fri Jan 07, 2005 1:07 pm

....and data protection act.

Does this mean that one can request HO to provide all the information that they hold about you? :o
Where there is a will there is a way.

K2004

Post by K2004 » Fri Jan 07, 2005 1:55 pm

why you need that? I dont think they know about me more than I do.. :roll:

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Fri Jan 07, 2005 2:14 pm

K2004 wrote:why you need that? I dont think they know about me more than I do.. :roll:
Hmmmmmmmmmm, you will be surprised :roll:

It is like wanting to knopw what information a Credit Reference Agency has about you. Just curious mate 8)
Where there is a will there is a way.

Jeff Albright

Re: Freedom of Information Act 2005

Post by Jeff Albright » Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:42 am

Checkmate wrote:Does this mean that one can request HO to provide all the information that they hold about you? :o
In theory, yes but they sometimes hold less information than should do or have been provided originally. Information goes missing at times, passports get lost, applications get lost, letters, faxes and other documents do not get linked to applicant's files, etc.
So the fact what they hold about you does not mean that it is full and complete.

try-one
Member of Standing

Post by try-one » Sat Jan 08, 2005 5:06 am

The freedom of information act allows you to ask for the information, but you need to specify the type of information, you can not send a letter and ask, "dear government agency, please send all information you have about me", it does not work that way, you can ask "please send the information you have regarding my entries to the country" for example, but they are also allowed to answer no, if they consider the info is critical or if it would affect them or someone else.....
-------------------------
Life is a journey, not a destination (S. Tyler)

K2004

Post by K2004 » Sat Jan 08, 2005 2:23 pm

I have a feeling that Immigrationboards.com know much more about us than the Home Office. :twisted: