ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Moving to the US with my American wife

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Birdy

Moving to the US with my American wife

Post by Birdy » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:09 am

Hi Guys,

Myself and my wife have been married 18 months and we have been living in the UK for the past six months. Prior to this we were in the Republic of Ireland where we were refused our EU1 application.

We have decided to start making preparations for moving to the USas this was the plan from the start.

We are aware of the forms to file and the maaze of information we need to navigate. What we wanted to ask having already had problems in Ireland are there any hints or helpful advise anyone can give us so this goes as smoothly as possible aside form the filling in of forms correctly ETC.

Many thanks Birdy
Happy now in the U.K. not so happy about the Rugby

yankeegirl

Post by yankeegirl » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:27 pm

Birdy,

Check out www.diveintoamerica.com A lot of British/American couples I know have used that site and it's a great resourse. Have your wife see if she is eligible to petition your application through Direct Consular Filing (DCF). She has to have resided in the UK for a certain period of time (I can't remember off the top of my head but those on that site would definitely know) but from what I understand, the processing time is cut way down if the application can be made via DCF.

Other than that, it's a LOT of paperwork, but pretty self-explanatory. Not too difficult, just really tedious.