ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

JCAP -- British passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kandasamy

JCAP -- British passport

Post by kandasamy » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:40 am

HI All,
I applied for Joint Citizenship and Passport Service (JCAP), it has been approved and received a letter on 21/06/206 now I planning to book for a ceremony.
I would like to know that on ceremony day I will be getting British passport or I need to wait to get my British passport.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: JCAP -- British passport

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:21 am

No, you don't get your passport at your ceremony. You will need to wait for the passport. The council has to update HO/HMPO that you have attended your ceremony as you are only British once this is done.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:23 am

You will need to wait. It's only once you have attended the ceremony that you become a British citizen. HMPO will process your passport application only once the council inform the HO that you have attended the ceremony.

kandasamy

Post by kandasamy » Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:01 pm

Hi
Thanks for your quick response. How long I need to wait for my passport after ceremony?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:22 pm

It varies from a few days to a couple of weeks.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:43 pm

It also depends when your ceremony is. This is the busiest season in the year for passport applications, so you may need to be prepared for a delay in the lead up and during the Summer holidays.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

saleem19k

Post by saleem19k » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:58 pm

Hi guys,
I attended ceremony on 22/6/15 and received message today from HM Passport Office will receive passport in few working days. Spoke to customer service passport has been printed and ready to pick for delivery. It depends on work load I will say ..................

kind Regards,

Saleem