ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA PR Card- Document clarification

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

britkiwi

EEA PR Card- Document clarification

Post by britkiwi » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:59 pm

Hi

I'm a German citizen and have resided here in the UK since 2000.

I'm going to apply for a PR card and am going to use the last 5 years as my qualifying years and because I have most of the documents I need for this time.

However, there is a gap in my employment history of about 6 months in 2012- I was in between jobs and did some temporary/ agency work in this time before getting a full time job.

For that 6 months I worked for 2-3 agencies and don't have a p60 for any of them but a p45 for 2 of them.
They don't have start dates on them- does that matter?

I do have other documents like bank statements etc for

Do I need the p60's/p45s for all of them or can I provide a National Insurance contributions record that will be issued by HMRC?

I find the guidance notes on the EEA /PR form unclear !

Thanks !

noajthan

Re: EEA PR Card- Document clarification

Post by noajthan » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:11 pm

britkiwi wrote:Hi

I'm a German citizen and have resided here in the UK since 2000.

I'm going to apply for a PR card and am going to use the last 5 years as my qualifying years and because I have most of the documents I need for this time.

However, there is a gap in my employment history of about 6 months in 2012- I was in between jobs and did some temporary/ agency work in this time before getting a full time job.

For that 6 months I worked for 2-3 agencies and don't have a p60 for any of them but a p45 for 2 of them.
They don't have start dates on them- does that matter?

I do have other documents like bank statements etc for

Do I need the p60's/p45s for all of them or can I provide a National Insurance contributions record that will be issued by HMRC?

I find the guidance notes on the EEA /PR form unclear !

Thanks !
HO plays hard ball in this area. Rock-solid documentary supporting evidence is vital.
Don't expect a caseworker to join the dots for you.

Try to fill the gaps with other supporting evidence as undated docs are unlikely to carry much weight.
For example:
Job contracts, letters from agency/employer, details of pay, payrise letters, interview letters, bonus/promotions letters or etc,

Don't give HO the Spam of 'wriggle room' and the satisfaction of issuing a refusal.

Alternately look for a stronger qualifying period.
In earlier years were you a minor with an EEA parent qualified person perhaps?
Or a student with CSI?
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

britkiwi

Payslips

Post by britkiwi » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:42 pm

In regards to submitting payslips for a PR card application :

Do you have to send in 5 years worth of payslips or a selection from each year?

The guidance notes are not clear and do not specify how many to send in.

Thanks

alex1128
Member of Standing
Mood:
Morocco

Re: Payslips

Post by alex1128 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:08 pm

To make it simple send 5 P60s!
Or whatever payslips you have + bank statements ahowing prooving your income !
Application sent: 25.06
Biometrics : 10/07 (dated 07/07)
COA: 29/07
Received Questionnaire: 09/11
RC : Refused ( 23/01/2016)
Appeal Filed : 25/01/2016

britkiwi

Document clarification..EEA PR card

Post by britkiwi » Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:11 pm

I'm applying for my PR card asap.

I have a wealth of documents like bank statements, proof of address etc But I am missing some things from the list below:

Employment
 Letter from each employer confirming the dates you/your sponsor worked for them,
salary/wages, normal hours of work, and the reason the employment ended (if relevant)
 Wage slips and/or bank statements showing receipt of wages (this must cover each job you
have/your sponsor has held during the relevant qualifying period)
 P60s for each year in which you were/your sponsor was employed.

If you can’t submit the documents above (for example, you’ve lost the relevant documents, the
employer is no longer trading or you are/your sponsor is unable to contact them), you should
enclose a letter explaining why not and you must submit alternative evidence of the relevant
employment, such as:
 P45s
 signed contract of employment
 notice of redundancy
 letter accepting resignation
 letter of dismissal
 employment tribunal judgment relating to the employment.

Here is my employment history from the 5 qualifying years.

2008- mid 2012 I worked for one employer, I have some payslips for this employer but can back it up with a signed employment contract.No p45 or p60s for this employer

mid-2012-Nov 2012 I did agency/temporary work and have bank statements to prove that I did work during this period but I have no P60's or p45s or signed employment contracts.

Nov 2012- present worked for one employer continuously and have payslips and bank statements to proce that I did work during this time.

For that mid period getting a letter from the temping agencies is proving difficult so how do I cover that period?

It was 6 months but I was working during that time

From the top list do I have provide all 3 items or can I provide a selection of those items?

I'm so confused, the more I look at the list the more confused I get.

noajthan

Re: Document clarification..EEA PR card

Post by noajthan » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:02 pm

britkiwi wrote:I'm applying for my PR card asap.

I have a wealth of documents like bank statements, proof of address etc But I am missing some things from the list below:

Employment

Here is my employment history from the 5 qualifying years.

2008- mid 2012 I worked for one employer, I have some payslips for this employer but can back it up with a signed employment contract.No p45 or p60s for this employer

mid-2012-Nov 2012 I did agency/temporary work and have bank statements to prove that I did work during this period but I have no P60's or p45s or signed employment contracts.

Nov 2012- present worked for one employer continuously and have payslips and bank statements to proce that I did work during this time.

For that mid period getting a letter from the temping agencies is proving difficult so how do I cover that period?

It was 6 months but I was working during that time

From the top list do I have provide all 3 items or can I provide a selection of those items?

I'm so confused, the more I look at the list the more confused I get.
Provide a selection of evidence, whatever you can cobble together.
The evidence overall has to be rock-solid; HO plays hardball and doesn't give benefit of doubt.

If a period is not adequately represented it may not be counted which could stop yout PR clock..
Be aware, HO will also apply its PET/MET tests (over and above EU law) to decide if it classes you as a worker - so income/tax evidence is important.

2008-2012: you may need more than that.
Agency period: evidence seems patchy.

Worst case: period from late 2012 looks more promising; keep on track (keep those P60s safe);
- shoot for Nov 2017.

britkiwi

Missing P60

Post by britkiwi » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:54 pm

I am missing one p60 and can't get a replacement as the company I worked for has ceased trading.

Can I send in a Statement of Employment History instead of this- I have bank statements to back up that I was acutally paid my wages into my bank account as well as various other documents such as signed contract of employment.

I'm guessing that half the time with these applications that most of the paperwork isn't even looked at ut I'm willing to give them any grounds to refuse my application if I can.

Thanks

noajthan

Re: Missing P60

Post by noajthan » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:10 pm

britkiwi wrote:I am missing one p60 and can't get a replacement as the company I worked for has ceased trading.

Can I send in a Statement of Employment History instead of this- I have bank statements to back up that I was acutally paid my wages into my bank account as well as various other documents such as signed contract of employment.

I'm guessing that half the time with these applications that most of the paperwork isn't even looked at ut I'm willing to give them any grounds to refuse my application if I can.

Thanks
Submit what you've got but be aware it will have to stand up to scrutiny; HO will run its PET/MET test to assess you (despite EU law).

britkiwi

Post by britkiwi » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:15 pm

Whats a MET/PET Test?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:43 pm

britkiwi wrote:Whats a MET/PET Test?
This:
https://www.freemovement.org.uk/using-m ... ne-worker/

britkiwi

EEA PR CARD- then 12 month wait for Citizenship?

Post by britkiwi » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:03 am

Assuming all goes to plan and I get m PR Card (German national with 5 years continous residence in the UK)

Do I have to wait 12 months before applying for Brit Citizenship or can I go for Citizenship straight away?

Thanks

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:09 am

noajthan

Re: EEA PR CARD- then 12 month wait for Citizenship?

Post by noajthan » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:12 am

britkiwi wrote:Assuming all goes to plan and I get m PR Card (German national with 5 years continous residence in the UK)

Do I have to wait 12 months before applying for Brit Citizenship or can I go for Citizenship straight away?

Thanks
No, if married to a BC.
Otherwise it depends on date of acquisition of PR (not whether you have held the confirmatory DCPR for 12 months).

If PR status was acquired over 1 year before applying to naturalise then all good.
That is, also assuming all other requirements have been/can be met; have you checked?

If PR was acquired only recently then you need to wait 12 months (or marry a BC).

britkiwi

Post by britkiwi » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:38 pm

Okay...

I am married to a Brit citizen - we married 3 years ago.

I'm not sure now whether to go for the PR through marriage even been though I've been here over 5 years on my own right.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:08 pm

britkiwi wrote:Okay...

I am married to a Brit citizen - we married 3 years ago.

I'm not sure now whether to go for the PR through marriage even been though I've been here over 5 years on my own right.
You can't go for PR by marriage as BCs cannot (normally) sponsor EEAs.

For naturalisation you can go either way - under 6(1) or 6(2) of BNA; your choice.

britkiwi

Too much documentation ?

Post by britkiwi » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:13 pm

I'm currently collating the documentation for my PR card application.

Is it worth adding more documentation for each qualifying year? Or will the application be refused because there is over and above the required amount?

I figure the more documentation/evidence to support my application the better ?

ohara
Diamond Member

Post by ohara » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:29 am

The more the better. You need to make a solid case, but you don't need to send every pay slip and bank statement for the last 5 years.

I sent in 5x P60's, one random payslips from each of the 5 years, a letter from my employer confirming I had worked there since 2007, and one month's worth of bank statements from each year.

britkiwi

Do I have enough documentation for a PR card?

Post by britkiwi » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:46 pm

I've been collating documents for the PR card application for my qualifying 5 years.

For each year of residence I have at least 3 different documents.

For Employment I have, 2 signed employment contracts, 2 letters from employment agencies when I was temping, bank statements with income highlighted and a payslips from 2011- not a full year but a few, majority of payslips for 2012 and payslips for the rest of the 5 years as well as 4 p60's and I'm waiting on an Employment History from HMRC. I also have p45's from the employment agencies too. There is a p45 missing as I had to give it to my employer in 2012 when I started working for them.

I have expired passports to send in as well.

Having been here since 2000,working for the entire time but am missing some paperwork right up to 2008 as things got lost in house moves but have paper work for 2011-2016. Is it worth sending anything from pre 2011 in as well?

Am I right in thinking that the last 5 years are what counts as they are the most recent?

I'm trying to think of anything else that might help- any suggestions??

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:52 pm

No need to open a new topic for each question as they're all related and doing so breaches Board T&Cs.
noajthan wrote:Multiple posts

ohara
Diamond Member

Post by ohara » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:59 pm

You can use any continuous 5 year period. You only need to send evidence covering that period (and if it isn't the most recent 5 years, you need to prove you have still be resident in the UK since it ended).

No need to send evidence for any time before your qualifying period.

britkiwi

Post by britkiwi » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:30 am

I'm one document away from sending my PR application in...

I'm waiting for an employment letter from a previous employer but they are making a lot of excuses about producing one for me.

Has anyone not sent an employment letter in and had success?

I have a employment history from HMRC which shows up that I did work for this employer and having proof of income in my bank statements.

Would that suffice? I'm well aware that I don't want to give the HO any wiggle room but if the employer won't give me a letter what am I meant to do?

britkiwi

Post by britkiwi » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:03 pm

What's the best way to send in the application in terms of sorting it into the right sections /years?

I've filled out the form and have for Section 5 have broken it down into the years required with a cover note
and have done with the same for Section 9 - Employment and Job Seeking.

I've also got a section for supplementary evidence such as my marriage cert and daughters birth cert and some P60's from 2007-2010 as well as a few other bits as when I saw a immigration adviser at the Citizens Advice Bureau they said it's worth giving them this as at the end of the day it's all evidence.

I'm leaving out the sections that aren't relevant and don't need to be filled in and have mentioned this in the cover letter. Leaving out the sections and only positing the ones in are recommended in the notes.

Hoping to get it in the post next week as I'm now waiting for a job offer letter to come through.