ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I only focus on the last 5 years in UK for PR

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

solondon
Newly Registered

Can I only focus on the last 5 years in UK for PR

Post by solondon » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:45 am

Morning everybody,

I am a French citizen who has been living in the UK since August 2003. In my PR application, do I need to go over my employment history since I've arrived or can I focus on the last 5 years? The reason I ask is that I have had a long period of unemployment and I'm worried it will work against me.

Here's a brief summary of my time in the UK if it can help:
- Aug 2003/Apr 2006 -> I worked
- Apr 2006, I was made redundant as my service relocated to another country
- Apr 2006 / Sep 2009 -> did my degree through Open University
- Sep 2009/ Jul 2011 -> unemployed.
Since Jul 2011 -> i have been employed by the same employer.

Do you reckon I can base my application on Jul 2011 - Jul 2016?

Thanks for your help.

avjones
Diamond Member

Re: Can I only focus on the last 5 years in UK for PR

Post by avjones » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:38 am

Yes. Any 5 year period is fine.
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

rexmedorum
Newly Registered

Post by rexmedorum » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:18 pm

avjones wrote:Yes. Any 5 year period is fine.
would you still need to mention everything on the form or just the last 5 years? Just because the form asks for date of entry into the UK :?:

fysicus
Netherlands

Post by fysicus » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:30 am

for PR you need to have been "exercising treaty rights" for five years. Being employed is one of the clearest ways to do that, especially if it is without interruption with the same employer. A single letter from the employer confirming your employment history with them is all the evidence you need to send with your application. I cannot imagine an application for PR to be more straightforward than this one!

Of course, it is possible that someone was in the UK but did not "exercise treaty rights" at some point in time. That is totally irrelevant for the application.