ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR GRANTED

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

was

ILR GRANTED

Post by was » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:41 pm

I sincierly thank all the members of the board for helpful advice . I got my passport with ILR. For information i applied on 5 oct 2007 and i got back my passport on 6th jan 2008.

i have few questions
1. I got no covering letter with passport, is it normal or they forgot to do that.
2. how many days of absence is allowed before i apply for passport.

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:52 pm

Congratulations.

It's normal, even for PEO applications. It's mad isn't it?

thirdwave
Member of Standing

Re: ILR GRANTED

Post by thirdwave » Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:00 pm

was wrote:I sincierly thank all the members of the board for helpful advice . I got my passport with ILR. For information i applied on 5 oct 2007 and i got back my passport on 6th jan 2008.

i have few questions
1. I got no covering letter with passport, is it normal or they forgot to do that.
Thanks for letting us know..I was starting to get a bit worried :lol:

Just kidding..congrats anyway

TinTinTin

Post by TinTinTin » Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:31 pm

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:39 pm

As I recall you already had 400 days of absences so you passed their nice and warm fuzzy feeling of 300. the next threshold is 450 and considering you don't seem to like to sit tight in the UK if you go over that one you will have some serious problems getting citizenship. And at the 540 mark, you can probably forget it. I I was you, I wouldn't take any more trips business or personal abroad.

thirdwave
Member of Standing

Post by thirdwave » Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:45 pm

SYH wrote:As I recall you already had 400 days of absences so you passed their nice and warm fuzzy feeling of 300. the next threshold is 450 and considering you don't seem to like to sit tight in the UK if you go over that one you will have some serious problems getting citizenship. And at the 540 mark, you can probably forget it. I I was you, I wouldn't take any more trips business or personal abroad.
SYH,
It depends on when the bulk of his absences were though..He could have spent 200 days out of the UK during his first year in this country (<90 days on each occasion) but it would not be considered as only the 5 years prior to application count..

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:09 pm

thirdwave wrote:
SYH wrote:As I recall you already had 400 days of absences so you passed their nice and warm fuzzy feeling of 300. the next threshold is 450 and considering you don't seem to like to sit tight in the UK if you go over that one you will have some serious problems getting citizenship. And at the 540 mark, you can probably forget it. I I was you, I wouldn't take any more trips business or personal abroad.
SYH,
It depends on when the bulk of his absences were though..He could have spent 200 days out of the UK during his first year in this country (<90 days on each occasion) but it would not be considered as only the 5 years prior to application count..

That's true but I am not spelling everything out for someone who provides very little informative information, when he was given the link to get the specifics NOR am I impressed that he didn't bother to check the website to pick up the basic data for himself first.

kariarxy

Post by kariarxy » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:47 pm

was wrote:I sincierly thank all the members of the board for helpful advice . I got my passport with ILR. For information i applied on 5 oct 2007 and i got back my passport on 6th jan 2008.

i have few questions

CONGRATULATIONS! I keep an eye on ur case as it takes long time to get result, really happy for u!

hsmpwpilr

Post by hsmpwpilr » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:26 pm

Congratulations !!!

kariarxy

Post by kariarxy » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:55 pm

hi, was, as I read from your your previous post, u have very long personal holiday, is it consistent with the paid annual leave? Or do you need to provide any explaination when u make your ILR application? In addition, do u mind sharing with us ur company letter?

thanks.

was

Post by was » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:31 am

kariarxy wrote:hi, was, as I read from your your previous post, u have very long personal holiday, is it consistent with the paid annual leave? Or do you need to provide any explaination when u make your ILR application? In addition, do u mind sharing with us ur company letter?

thanks.
No its not consistent with the paid annual leave. Its just mentioned in letter that i work for so and so company from so and so date and i was absent for so and so dates because of some offshore work. thats it.
They didnt returned my letter and i dont have the copy as well.
In application i have mentioned all the dates and number of days as well and in brackets the reason for absence.

Hope i answerd ur query.

good luck

was

Post by was » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:32 am

hsmpwpilr wrote:Congratulations !!!
Thanks hsmpilr.

was

Post by was » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:33 am

TinTinTin wrote:Congrats.

Read this for your Q2.

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/britis ... w=Standard
thanks tin tin tin

was

Post by was » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:34 am

paulp wrote:Congratulations.

thanks paulp, and yes its frustating that even after paying more money one has to wait for so long for the decision. its really mad

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:30 am

was wrote:

thanks paulp, and yes its frustating that even after paying more money one has to wait for so long for the decision. its really mad
I think you should consider yourself lucky that they granted it. You were pushing the limits in terms of your absences, they could very well have said, no thank you.

was

naturalisation and absenses

Post by was » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:23 am

SYH wrote:
was wrote:

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:16 am

Stop being funny and making a non comment to put your thread in the forefront. Its really annioying. You already started a new thread which I thought was already too much.

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:29 am

was, are you still concerned that you did not receive any letter with your ILR? All the people I know didn't get any letter at all and my first reply was in relation to that.

aboudi

Post by aboudi » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:56 pm

I received my ILR based on long residence about a week ago , I did not have a letter returned with it, just a shiny new residence permit sticker in my passport and two pages of guide notes on my rights and how i could lose it. Along with all my original documents. hope that helps.

residents
Newly Registered

Post by residents » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:18 pm

Thanks, that also gives me a rough timeline, I have applied on the 15th of November, so I should still be patient.
I've opened a new topic with the HO timelines so this really helps

Best.
R