ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

applying for UK ROA certificate from China

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

chengdudad
Newly Registered

applying for UK ROA certificate from China

Post by chengdudad » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:30 pm

Hi there - I'm a brit citizen, living in China, with a 4yo child who was born in china and holds a Chinese passport.
I'm in the process of applying for a Right of Abode certificate, which apparently I can apply for online.
However the application is rather confusing - although not a visa as such, because we live outside the UK, it seems we have to apply through the online visa application process but there is no mention or guidance for a specific online application for the ROA.

The online visa application page give choices for selecting visa type that come in 3 multiple-choice question boxes -
Box 1 reason for visit - although at the moment we'll continue mainly living in China, it seems that the correct category choice for the ROA should be - settlement
Box 2 visa type - it again seems that for the ROA the correct category choice should be - settlement
Box 3 visa sub type - here I assume that the correct category choice should be - Child or dependent of settled person

Does anyone out there have any experience or knowledge of this online process - are we choosing the correct categories with our application?
So far been unable to find guidance within the official information

sajan patel

Re: applying for UK ROA certificate from China

Post by sajan patel » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:01 pm

Hi Chengdudad, did you manage to solve this as i am having exactly the same confusion. Ive been over and over the process thinking im missing something.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:19 pm

sajan patel wrote:Hi Chengdudad, did you manage to solve this as i am having exactly the same confusion. Ive been over and over the process thinking im missing something.
You are posting in every single topic you can find. Can you please stop doing this. You have a thread where you have received advice here (click). Stop spamming the board with multiple same questions otherwise your access will be limited.

See Multiple Posts (click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Trevie12
Newly Registered

Post by Trevie12 » Mon May 08, 2017 9:56 am

Hi Guys,

I am in the same situation as you both and can help you.....I was searching and trying to apply for the right of abode for my daughter, and after days of searching I have found out how to apply on line

Type in Visa4UK on your search engine, it takes you to the UK Gov Immigration website, You need to set up an online account (Click on the link) set up your account with your personal details - Once you have done this you have options to what visa you are applying for - Don't select any visa as they are not the right ones (Just click on select) it will take you to the next section, again just click on select, it will then give you other visa options "right of abode" is on this section.....You can then start with your application online. Ive just done mine, after days of scratching my head searching.!

Good luck guys, I hope this helps you

All the best
Trevor