ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 general extension- in country aplication

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sanjeevan.05
Newly Registered

Tier 2 general extension- in country aplication

Post by sanjeevan.05 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:21 pm

Hi guys,

I have applied for tier 2 general extension for the same employer with one dependent. I have posted my documents on 17 June 2016 and received by home office on 20 June 2016. My visa is valid until 15 July 2016. My employee is A rated sponsor

Its been over a week but I have not received any acknowledgement letter. Does any one have idea how long they are taking these days to send acknowledgement letter

Also is that possible to switch to priority service from standard service once the documents has been sent

If anyone has recently got extension done please share the time frame it took for them, will really apperecite any help

Thanks

hassanh
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: Tier 2 general extension- in country aplication

Post by hassanh » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:46 am

Hi Sanjeev,

UKVI normally not always send acknowledgement letters and usually send biometrics letters only. I think you should give about 2 week for the biometrics letter. I am not sure if you can change to priority service from postal and other senior members will respond on this.

Can I ask you a question? When you applied for visa extension for yourself and dependent, then did you apply for your dependant separately online or was it all included in one online application?

Thanks

sanjeevan.05
Newly Registered

Post by sanjeevan.05 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:10 am

Hello,

It was included in the same application, it was mine details first and then my dependent.

You mentioned home office does not send acknowledgement letter and only send biometric, since when this has started as far as I know they always send acknowledgement letter saying we have received your documents. Has it changed recently?

Thanks

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Post by moonlight55 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:46 am

I would say they have stopped sending acknowledgement letters for some time now (atleast a year now based on my team's experience).

sanjeevan.05
Newly Registered

Post by sanjeevan.05 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:05 am

Thanks for reply, I will keep you posting as soon as I get any reply from them

sanjeevan.05
Newly Registered

Post by sanjeevan.05 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:22 am

Hi,

You were right, I have received acknowledgement and biometric letter yesterday only, going for biometrics today

Thanks

sdesaraju
Newly Registered
India

Post by sdesaraju » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:33 pm

Hi Sanjeevan,

I am applying for Tier 2 Extension along with my dependants. I understood that this can be done along with main applicant application. Can I ask you, how much did you pay for Visa fee? Do you need to pay application fee separately for dependants?

Regards,
Saikrishna

ahhassankhan18
Newly Registered

Post by ahhassankhan18 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:23 am

Hi there, I have received a letter from home office stating that " You have not submitted a valid immigration application, underpayment - According to your certificate of Sponsorship details your job is not on the shortage occupation list. You must now pay the balance of £227.00". They have sent me a form to fill up requesting the payment of £227 for extending Tier 2 visa. Want to know, if I pay that money will I get visa or not?

sanjeevan.05
Newly Registered

Post by sanjeevan.05 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:55 am

Hi,

yes thats true when you will fill the form online, it will ask you to add your details first and then add you can dependent details in the same

I have paid roughly 1300 for nhs and 1350 for visa.

Thanks

sanjeevan.05
Newly Registered

Post by sanjeevan.05 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:32 am

ahhassankhan18 wrote:Hi there, I have received a letter from home office stating that " You have not submitted a valid immigration application, underpayment - According to your certificate of Sponsorship details your job is not on the shortage occupation list. You must now pay the balance of £227.00". They have sent me a form to fill up requesting the payment of £227 for extending Tier 2 visa. Want to know, if I pay that money will I get visa or not?

Hi

how much you have paid for the application as if I know when you fill the online application form and select the services you want to opt in, it asks you for fees accordingly.

I have paid 1328 for myself and dependent ( 664 each)

Could you tell me how much u have paid

Thanks,