ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent question about Claiming Benefit

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

olarey

Urgent question about Claiming Benefit

Post by olarey » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:57 pm

Hello,
my wife is on 2.5yrs spouse visa that will expire soon and want to re-apply for the extension for her. I am claim child benefit in my name only. I also applied for tax credit in joint name but because i'm earning over £35000 /year, they calculated the tax credit i'm entitled to £0.

my question, do i need to declare tax as part of what i'm claiming in my wife extension form even though i did not receive anything from them.

i also need to apply for my daughter extension who is also completing her 2.5yr dependant visa,. my question is i have misplaced her original birth certificate, although i still have scanned copy. will UKVI accept this as i can find it anywhere and the original was summitted during her initial application.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Urgent question about Claiming Benefit

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:41 pm

olarey wrote:my question, do i need to declare tax as part of what i'm claiming in my wife extension form even though i did not receive anything from them.

i also need to apply for my daughter extension who is also completing her 2.5yr dependant visa,. my question is i have misplaced her original birth certificate, although i still have scanned copy. will UKVI accept this as i can find it anywhere and the original was summitted during her initial application.
No, you are not claiming tax credits so you can't declare something you are not getting.

Suggest try and find the original birth cert otherwise provide an explanation.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

olarey

Re: Urgent question about Claiming Benefit

Post by olarey » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:46 pm

Thank you very much for your help and reply.