ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR SET O refused tax issue

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

outhector
Newly Registered

ILR SET O refused tax issue

Post by outhector » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:03 pm

Hi my ILR refused today at sheffield peo

my history 2010-11 tax ammended thats the only thing they found and imposed section 322 deception. Now i have 6 month left for completing 10 years can anyone advise me how to fill this gap and apply for a different root my visa expiring on 4-07-2016. i contacted solicitor he advised me to put flrfp application which will take easily 3 months while its in process we'll put ilr long residence application which will definitely be delayed so meanwhile case worker starts working on it your 10 years will be completed.
thanks

tckraju

Re: ILR SET O REFUSED tax issue

Post by tckraju » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:09 pm

Put flr fp application (Private and family life Article 8). If refused then go to appeal. You will spend this time and by the time all this is resolved, your 10 year will be finished.

ddiva
Newly Registered

Post by ddiva » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:38 pm

Have you put in AR?Once you put in for AR that will buy you a month's time .You should try to wait till close to 14 days before you put in AR

outhector
Newly Registered

Post by outhector » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:45 pm

Thanks for replies but my solicitor says we can only put flrfp while visa is valid and he says AR n flrfp both will be submitted at same time so if they refuse Ar your flrfp is there to save you

Haroon1824
Newly Registered

Post by Haroon1824 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:47 pm

Ho mentioned 322(5) n 245(cd)
If I switch to tier 2 wat % r chances to get tier2 visa

outhector
Newly Registered

Post by outhector » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:42 pm

My only concern is weather what is the safest possible route from here on to complete 10 years. either filing flr fp application then long residency or something else. My friend said to me its very hard nowadays to complete 10 years because HO know people using these routes to fill the gap so they give decision of flr fp very quick e.g in 2 months... can anyone who knows better through light on it thanks

gmpak123
Newly Registered

Post by gmpak123 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:18 am

hi

in my knowledge and with my two friend which I analyse

ukvi in most flr cases deal with in 3 months

and they not allow in country appeal right they mostly say go home and apply appeal

I have two friend same hapend with them

that's why my advice
go good solicitor and take advice

thanks

outhector
Newly Registered

Post by outhector » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:28 am

thanks for reply. what if i somehow manage to complete 10 years will they not check this deception charge on me at long residence ilr? thanks

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:32 am

You should also be aware that the HO are now refusing visa applications for re-entry, due to previous submission of 'vexatious and frivolous' applications in order to extend time in the UK.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

outhector
Newly Registered

Post by outhector » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:02 am

It means if I apply for flr fp they can refuse or while this flr fp in process I apply for early ilr long residence just to buy more time they can refuse? At what stage they are normally refusing thanks

vsk

Post by vsk » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:10 pm

Hi outhector,

Have you paid all taxes after amendment ? Have you submitted revised tax calculations ? Are you self-employed at the moment ?

Sorry for many questions can you give you full details of your application please.

outhector
Newly Registered

Re: ILR SET O refused tax issue

Post by outhector » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:27 pm

Hi I have not paid all the taxes but I'm paying slowly and yes I got my tax amended and got it revised so all my income is now updated whatever declared paying tax against it.. I was sole trader in 2010 and switched to tier 1 general and then opened up a ltd company and till today all my income is self employed thanks

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:28 pm

tckraju wrote:Put flr fp application (Private and family life Article 8). If refused then go to appeal. You will spend this time and by the time all this is resolved, your 10 year will be finished.
The UK is on to this trick now and they are ready for it. I don't think this is the best advice. vsk's questions are very relevant. If you can make a case, fight the decision and try and win it. Try and get your name cleared. That's your best bet now.

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:32 pm

outhector wrote:It means if I apply for flr fp they can refuse or while this flr fp in process I apply for early ilr long residence just to buy more time they can refuse? At what stage they are normally refusing thanks
What do you mean by 'early ilr long residence'? Either you qualify for 10 year long residence, or you don't. There's no option to apply early to buy time.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

outhector
Newly Registered

Post by outhector » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:50 pm

is there any good solicitor i can contact regarding my matter thanks

outhector
Newly Registered

Post by outhector » Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:46 am

Hi if I do a fresh set o application as my visa is still not expired will it help to take it to 10 years? Thanks

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:49 am

outhector wrote:Hi if I do a fresh set o application as my visa is still not expired will it help to take it to 10 years? Thanks
The Home Office is now doing HMRC checks on all residence applications, including ILR(LR).

mani6007
Newly Registered

Post by mani6007 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:37 pm

outhector wrote:Hi my ILR refused today at sheffield peo

my history 2010-11 tax ammended thats the only thing they found and imposed section 322 deception. Now i have 6 month left for completing 10 years can anyone advise me how to fill this gap and apply for a different root my visa expiring on 4-07-2016. i contacted solicitor he advised me to put flrfp application which will take easily 3 months while its in process we'll put ilr long residence application which will definitely be delayed so meanwhile case worker starts working on it your 10 years will be completed.
thanks
Hi, I am in the same situation, refused 30th June in sheffield Peo on the same 2010-11 tax amendments, in same situation like and same advice's from solicitors.. hopefully i will decide to stay on AR and then JR and fight because UK law allow to amend you tax when ever you feel...

teddy0409

Post by teddy0409 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:20 pm

Dear Mani,
The tax amendmant could be done only if you have a valid reason to do so rather whenever we feel, If you could able to demonstrate with evidence of why you required to do an amendment for 2010-11, You have greater chance in JR,
Kind Regards,
Anan
If Not We, Then Who?

vsk

Post by vsk » Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:30 am

Hi outhector,

May I know how much amendment you made and tax owe now ?

outhector
Newly Registered

Post by outhector » Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:14 pm

HI VSK, total tax i owe them 8500 after amendment but they did not ask about why you haven't paid, they have take my full interview about how i work and what i do and how i make money how much i pay to accountant just to make sure that my earning is fake or true, they were satisfied with my answers and they took whole day to take decision, caseworker came out two times and said to me that your case is so complex thats why we are not reaching the decision, and the only thing they found in my case is tax amendment rest they were satisfied. i could see case worker did not refuse me she had to communicate with his senior colleague to reach this decision. thanks

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:43 pm

I'm beginning to wonder just how many people have been wrongly advised by friends, accountants, and perhaps even solicitors, that they can amend their taxes 'whenever they feel'? And in taking that incorrect advice, have very probably doomed their immigration journeys.

outhector
Newly Registered

Post by outhector » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:27 pm

Hi i have sent a new application with a cover letter explaining my situation and accountant error at the time of filing tax return for 2010-11. As my Mother was not well in that period and i had to go out of the country 4 times in one year and eventually my mother passed away.. I was in full of stress and did not read the email sent by my accountant containing tax returns and i replied with yes ok, even the state of my business was not good as i was only concerned about my mother's health... when i was applying for ilr i went through my tax returns and called hmrc for sa302 where i saw there was some error in 2010-11 so i got amendment done. same situation explained to case worker and she was saying she is so confused and she took my two interviews and took about 7 hours to refuse, as i had mentioned my tax amendments on the form which they give to fill. she asked me did you review your tax return i said my accountant did send me an email but i did not review it and just replied him because of the stress level my interest in these things was very low. my all other tax returns are ok and they don't have any question about them. please advise me where i am standing thanks

shah23
Newly Registered

Post by shah23 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:15 pm

outhector wrote:Hi my ILR refused today at sheffield peo

thanks
Hi, sorry it might be late to ask, what have you done yet?
Also you said to complete 10 years, but now they refusing 10 years cases as well on same amendment ground, I saw a refusal letter which was refuse on amendment/dishonesty, he went on 10 years route, so if you are refused now, how will you get a different decision on 10 years?

outhector
Newly Registered

Post by outhector » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:39 am

HI i will try to fight my case as i haven't done any dishonesty, it was a mental health issue and and home office just assuming things. I am trying to go to court as i know they will not give anything in my favour. My first priority is to get the dishonesty tag removed from me. thanks