ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

NMH2016
Newly Registered

Re: Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Post by NMH2016 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:06 pm

yvonnew wrote:
NMH2016 wrote:Hi All

Just wanted to say that this forum has been invaluable in my application. Thank you to everyone who takes the time to respond and answer questions.
I am new to the site but have read the previous posts over the last few months.

My timeline is as follows: EEA National

Documents sent: 21 April 2016
Documents received: 22 April 2016
Payment taken: 26 April 2016
Confirmation email received: 23 May 2016
Passport Return Request: 27 May 2016

Still waiting for my passport.... 31 days later.. NOT 10 days...

66 days since the application was received.

Seems like i still have a little bit longer to wait as the times have been delayed quite a bit..

I have read something really concerning that i hope someone can help with. I have read that if you take time off when pregnant / maternity leave, you lose your 'treaty rights' as the time off is not classified as worker status. Has anyone had this before?

Thanks in advance.
Hey NMH, have filled a second passport request? If your first request goes over the working days limit, you need to fill the second request when the time has passed, otherwise it's very likely your request will be ignored.
Thank you yvonnew, I thought as much :) I filled in the 'where are my documents' form today so hopefully will get something soon.

ChIrl

Post by ChIrl » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:17 pm

Hi

Is submission of passport mandatory ? I submitted passport photocopy duly attested by Passport Office along with Passport Card. Will they refuse my application because I have not submitted Passport ?

I stated in my covering letter that I am unable to submit my original passport due to business visits.

menie13

Post by menie13 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:55 pm

ChIrl wrote:Hi

Is submission of passport mandatory ? I submitted passport photocopy duly attested by Passport Office along with Passport Card. Will they refuse my application because I have not submitted Passport ?

I stated in my covering letter that I am unable to submit my original passport due to business visits.

I think they won't reject it but they might ask you to send it in order to complete your application.

ChIrl

Post by ChIrl » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:03 pm

Thanks for the response. I am hoping that Passport Card (original) sent along with my application will be sufficient. As per application form, any national card would be sufficient. Will keep you updated.

I understand from one of the agents that they do accept Post Office attestation.

Regards

whistles
Newly Registered

Post by whistles » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:12 pm

NMH2016 wrote:
yvonnew wrote:
NMH2016 wrote:Hi All

Just wanted to say that this forum has been invaluable in my application. Thank you to everyone who takes the time to respond and answer questions.
I am new to the site but have read the previous posts over the last few months.

My timeline is as follows: EEA National

Documents sent: 21 April 2016
Documents received: 22 April 2016
Payment taken: 26 April 2016
Confirmation email received: 23 May 2016
Passport Return Request: 27 May 2016

Still waiting for my passport.... 31 days later.. NOT 10 days...

66 days since the application was received.

Seems like i still have a little bit longer to wait as the times have been delayed quite a bit..

I have read something really concerning that i hope someone can help with. I have read that if you take time off when pregnant / maternity leave, you lose your 'treaty rights' as the time off is not classified as worker status. Has anyone had this before?

Thanks in advance.
Hey NMH, have filled a second passport request? If your first request goes over the working days limit, you need to fill the second request when the time has passed, otherwise it's very likely your request will be ignored.
Thank you yvonnew, I thought as much :) I filled in the 'where are my documents' form today so hopefully will get something soon.

Hi NMH,
I have a similar situation as yours and also nearly same timeline.
I have requested back our ID's & Passports on 22/05/16 and nothing came for 3 weeks, then filled the "where are my documents" on 11/06/16 and waited 2 weeks and nothing, not a sign. called HO couple of times in between , totally unuseful, all they kept saying was to wait extra 10 working days.
Today 27/06/16 ( 5 weeks later) I have requested back one more time using the form online as before. It is very frustrating, actually I am fuming, but I really hope this time will have them back within 2 weeks time.
I've been refused 4 job interviews at this point because couldn't present my Passport in original, copies not accepted.We had panned holidays but Luckily I didn't booked any tickets at this point. I don't understand why they don't answer or take in consideration these requests, probably they ask to fill the "where are my documents" form just to delay and to monitor requests.
Hope for all of us that this procedure will become smoother in the future, because is a torture not being able to access your ID OR PASSPORT when needed most and especially no communication at all from them.

My timeline is

EEA FORM SENT HUSBAND AS MAIN APPLICANT AND MYSELF AS FAMILY MEMBER 19/04/2016
HO RECEIVED 20/04/2016
PAYMEND TAKEN 25/04/2016
EMAILS RECEIVED 20/05/2016 2 separate Case ID
PASSPORTS REQUESTED BACK 22/05/2016
NOT RECEIVED DOCUMENTS FORM SENT 11/06/2016
ID REQUESTED 2ND TIME 27/06/2016

confuzzled83
Newly Registered

Post by confuzzled83 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:16 pm

Hi all

Wanted to share my timeline with you.

Application as EEA National

Received: 30/03/2016
Payment taken: 07/04/2016
Confirmation email: 06/05/2016
PR dated: 16/06/2016
PR received: 25/06/2016

Also my partner applied on same day as I, till now our timelines have been the same but she hasn't received her PR yet. Our forms were almost identical and both very straightforward.

muksha
Newly Registered

Post by muksha » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:15 am

Hello everyone,

French national who has lived in the UK for 15+ years and I am looking to apply for British citizenship this year.

I sent off my EEA form yesterday and it was received today. I provided evidence of exercising treaty rights for the last 6 years so if I understand everything correctly from reading this forum and other sources, I should be eligible to apply for citizenship (given all other criteria is met) as soon as PR is approved?

Thanks!!

salmintin

Post by salmintin » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:24 pm

yvonnew wrote:Hi everyone,

Very sorry to butt in, but I'm getting a bit nervous about my application. I'm an EU citizen and here is my timeline:

Application sent: 10/3/2016
Money taken: 14/3/2016
Confirmation e-mail received: 06/4/2016

And I've heard nothing since, so I am a bit worried that most people here have gotten theirs back in 3 months...
Has anyone else experienced longer wait? If I get in touch with the home office, are they allowed to give me any information on my case, or do I have to wait here in agony until the 6th month mark? Thank you for your help!
I'm in the same situation, yvonnew (see my signature). :roll: We have no other option but wait. Hopefully the answer will come soon, but don't try not to stress yourself about it.

I managed to convince myself I will get the document (or a refusal) after 6 months so I'm not really waiting for it anymore, although they still haven't returned a document I requested a while ago. Still waiting for that one. :x

livia
Newly Registered

Post by livia » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:12 pm

Metabog wrote:
Metabog wrote:Thought I'd share my timeline so far.

Romanian national applying for PR. I've been living in the UK for about 8 years, student 2008-2014, working since then. I didn't have CSI or an EHIC, but I had a yellow registration certificate so I argued for it in my cover letter.

PR Application sent: 19/03/16
PR Application recd: never got a reply
Payment taken: 23/03/16

No reply whatsoever from the home office. Hope to get something in the mail any day now, I'm kind of ruffled that I never got any reply at all from HO.
Some really good news today. My application came back and I got my DCPR! I never got an e-mail or any response.

Even crazier, I didn't have CSI for all 5 years I was a student and manged to beat the requirement because of my pre 2011 RC. I outlined in my cover letter the exact set of policies and clauses and the stuff published under Freedom of Information and it seems it worked! As far as I can tell I am the only one so far that can definitely confirm this is possible and they accept it.
That sounds great, congrats, @Metabog! (from a fellow Romanian).

Not sure if you still visit here but in case you do - or anybody who know what this is about - can you give more details on 'the clauses and the stuff published under Freedom of Information' that seemed to have worked in your situation?

Thanks!

Bumble

Post by Bumble » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:49 pm

livia wrote:
That sounds great, congrats, @Metabog! (from a fellow Romanian).

Not sure if you still visit here but in case you do - or anybody who know what this is about - can you give more details on 'the clauses and the stuff published under Freedom of Information' that seemed to have worked in your situation?

Thanks!
https://www.gov.uk/make-a-freedom-of-in ... mation-act

This is the link to the explanations for how to make one.
EU(14) DCPR Timeline
Docs sent: 08/04/2016
Docs received: 11/04/2016
Payment taken: 14/04/2016
Confirmation email: N/A
Passport requested: 14/07/2016
HO requested info: 15/07/2016
DCPR dated: 18/07/2016
DCPR received: 30/07/2016
Total time: 113 days

cleeo
Newly Registered

Post by cleeo » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:49 am

how does payment appear on the statement, I have a debit card transaction " £65, Euro, Liverpool"
does it mean they took a payment for my application?

whistles
Newly Registered

Post by whistles » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:19 am

cleeo wrote:how does payment appear on the statement, I have a debit card transaction " £65, Euro, Liverpool"
Hi Cleeo,
That's right , it is the payment for your application.

marioheir
Newly Registered

Post by marioheir » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:21 am

Hi wondering if anyone can advise me
Im applying for EEA Permanent Residence card but got small problem
Im filling this application and I got stuck ON SECTION 9.14
Basically i need to put WRS card number ECT
problem is I work for one employer since 2006 and employer never asked me for it so i have never done it
and now i dont know what shall i put in this section
leave it blank ?
please advise
Thanks

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:24 am

marioheir wrote:Hi wondering if anyone can advise me
Im applying for EEA Permanent Residence card but got small problem
Im filling this application and I got stuck ON SECTION 9.14
Basically i need to put WRS card number ECT
problem is I work for one employer since 2006 and employer never asked me for it so i have never done it
and now i dont know what shall i put in this section
leave it blank ?
please advise
Thanks
Assuming you are an A8 national, are you?
If so, you have a bigger problem as your work time from 2006-2011 will not count (due to non-registration)..
If A8 and no WRS, only work from May 2011 onwards can be counted towards acquiring PR.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

cleeo
Newly Registered

Post by cleeo » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:34 am

whistles wrote:
cleeo wrote:how does payment appear on the statement, I have a debit card transaction " £65, Euro, Liverpool"
Hi Cleeo,
That's right , it is the payment for your application.
Thank you

so this is my timeline:

EEA national

Documents sent: 22-06-2016
Documents received: 23-06-2016
Payment taken: 28-06-2016

I will be updating my post, I really hope they wont take long as my case was pretty straight forward, full time continuous employment, just two employers over the last 5 years.

Bumble

Post by Bumble » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:52 pm

cleeo wrote:
I will be updating my post, I really hope they wont take long as my case was pretty straight forward, full time continuous employment, just two employers over the last 5 years.
Unfortunately the time it takes bears no relationship to how straight forward it is. I have full time employment with two employers over the last 16 years. 83 days and counting. Which seems in line with almost all other EEA applications sent since March.
EU(14) DCPR Timeline
Docs sent: 08/04/2016
Docs received: 11/04/2016
Payment taken: 14/04/2016
Confirmation email: N/A
Passport requested: 14/07/2016
HO requested info: 15/07/2016
DCPR dated: 18/07/2016
DCPR received: 30/07/2016
Total time: 113 days

LoryAndra

Post by LoryAndra » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:19 pm

Even my application was a straight forward one and I provided so many evidences but it took around 84 day to receive my DCPR. I agree that 80-90 days is so far the " standard " timeline for most of the EEA applications.
By the way, can you please let me know where on the blue DCPR card and I find the number ? I need the document number for a future citizenship application and I am a bit confused. Is the corner one in the right hand side or some number at the bottom below my name?

marioheir
Newly Registered

Post by marioheir » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:58 pm

Yes I do belong to A8 but little bit surprised as I was working in full employment and all tax and national insurance was deducted automatically
So even tough because I didn't registered with WRS then this wont be counted as working years ?

Federal

Post by Federal » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:33 pm

LoryAndra wrote: By the way, can you please let me know where on the blue DCPR card and I find the number ? I need the document number for a future citizenship application and I am a bit confused. Is the corner one in the right hand side or some number at the bottom below my name?
I think it's the UKF number on the top right hand side. I'm going with that one anyway...

LoryAndra

Post by LoryAndra » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:01 pm

thanks , I thought the same :)

ciguena123
Newly Registered

Post by ciguena123 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:33 am

Hello

I'm new to the forum and would like to share my timeline with you.

Application as EEA National(A8)

Sent: 30/03/2016
Received: 31/03/2016
Payment taken: 06/04/2016
Confirmation email: 27/04/2016
PR dated: 18/06/2016
PR received: 29/06/2016

mangonscarf
Newly Registered

Post by mangonscarf » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:39 am

Hello,

Here's my timeline. I am a non-EEA national married to an EU citizen. We have been together for 1.5 years and married for 3 months. I have been living in the UK for 2 years and my spouse for 1 year.

My spouse has been working since arrival, whereas I have had short-term contracts with a 9-month gap. I am currently waiting for CoA and not looking for work as I have been denied job interviews due to the lack of evidence that I can legally work in the UK (I can work until August 2016 but employers have been unwilling to give me a contract). I came to the UK with a Tier 5 visa which expires in August 2016.

20/05/16: Application sent
23/05/16: Application received
25/05/16: Payment taken
26/06/16: Passport return requested
29/06/16: Biometric letter received (dated 23/06/16)
30/06/16: Biometric submitted

Due to Brexit, we are considering to move to Canada, but as we are in the process of getting my husband Canadian PR card, we intend to remain in the UK for the next 1-2 years. Hopefully we will be able to save a bit for a fresh start in Canada... Which means, I can start working soon! Really hope that CoA arrives in the next 1-2 week so I can start applying for jobs...

jetfromgladiators
Newly Registered

Post by jetfromgladiators » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:28 am

I am a British citizen, married since 2008 to my Greek wife. She has been living in the UK since 1998, first as a student, then as a full-time worker, now as a student again. We would like to apply for PR for her (especially since the referendum) as a first step to applying for citizenship. However, I have read that students require proof of health insurance or EHIC, which she does not have.

I have two questions:

1) Could we apply for PR for the period prior to becoming a student (e.g. by submitting documents for 2008-2013)? Or does becoming a student 'override' this?
2) If my wife were to apply for an EHIC card in Greece, would it be backdated for he period that she was a student, allowing her to apply for the period 2011-2016?

Thanks in advance for your help!

LoryAndra

Post by LoryAndra » Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:24 pm

jetfromgladiators wrote:I am a British citizen, married since 2008 to my Greek wife. She has been living in the UK since 1998, first as a student, then as a full-time worker, now as a student again. We would like to apply for PR for her (especially since the referendum) as a first step to applying for citizenship. However, I have read that students require proof of health insurance or EHIC, which she does not have.

I have two questions:

1) Could we apply for PR for the period prior to becoming a student (e.g. by submitting documents for 2008-2013)? Or does becoming a student 'override' this?
2) If my wife were to apply for an EHIC card in Greece, would it be backdated for he period that she was a student, allowing her to apply for the period 2011-2016?

In order to apply for the PR you need to show documents for living in the UK for 5 years. I am pretty sure that you should be able to choose the 5 years you want and submit the relevant documents. If you have been continuously living here for more than 5 years, than it is up to you to decide on the period you want to submit the documents .
Lets see what other users say , hope I am not wrong but this is what I understood after I called myself the UKBA helpline when I applied.

Res
Mood:
Romania

Post by Res » Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:28 am

LoryAndra wrote:
jetfromgladiators wrote:I am a British citizen, married since 2008 to my Greek wife. She has been living in the UK since 1998, first as a student, then as a full-time worker, now as a student again. We would like to apply for PR for her (especially since the referendum) as a first step to applying for citizenship. However, I have read that students require proof of health insurance or EHIC, which she does not have.

I have two questions:

In order to apply for the PR you need to show documents for living in the UK for 5 years. I am pretty sure that you should be able to choose the 5 years you want and submit the relevant documents. If you have been continuously living here for more than 5 years, than it is up to you to decide on the period you want to submit the documents .
Lets see what other users say , hope I am not wrong but this is what I understood after I called myself the UKBA helpline when I applied.