ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non eea dependent child over 21 and got married

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Aqa12
Newly Registered

Non eea dependent child over 21 and got married

Post by Aqa12 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:12 am

Hi guys,

I'm a non eea dependent child over 21, I will be applying for eea pr soon, I'm a Little worried about my status as being married in a another country out side UK and EU. Would that be problem when I will apply for pr??

Member of Standing

Re: Non eea dependent child over 21 and got married

Post by member » Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:20 am

What is your immigration history in the UK?

How has your sponsor exercised the treaty rights during your stay in the UK?

secret.simon

Re: Non eea dependent child over 21 and got married

Post by secret.simon » Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:21 am

Your marital status is, to the best of my knowledge, irrelevant to your PR application.

What is required is proof that you were dependent on the EEA citizen after you turned 21.

However, your non-EEA spouse would, to the best of my knowledge, have to come in through the UK Immigration Rules as the spouse of a person settled in the UK.

She could apply as an EFM of the EEA citizen if she could prove that she is dependent on the EEA citizen.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.