ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question regarding English Test Requirement

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

olarey

Question regarding English Test Requirement

Post by olarey » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:48 pm

Hello, I am planning to submit form FLR(M) for further extension in the next couple of weeks and i am planning to sit ILETS Lifeskill B1 so that i can use it for both my next extension and ILR afterward. is this acceptable since its higher than current A1 required at the moment? i don't want to keep paying for ilets as the general one that i used for my original entry permit is no longer acceptable. any thought on this please. many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Question regarding English Test Requirement

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:56 pm

Yes it is acceptable, provided you do the test at one of the HO approved test providers.

Remember that B1 for ILR is as the rules are at the moment and they could change if HO wishes to change them.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

olarey

Post by olarey » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:41 pm

Thank you very much

SAMISPOUSAL
India

Post by SAMISPOUSAL » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:45 am

why are you saying your previous cert is not acceptable ?
British man sponsoring Indian wife.Application Pune --Mumbai 18 DEC 2013 Requested further info 27 01 2014

SAMISPOUSAL
India

Post by SAMISPOUSAL » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:17 am

I have been informed that the online VERIFICATION OF THE CERTIFICATES are only available for two years only ( the details get removed after two years) so third parties like Immigration etc cannot verify ONLINE after two years. so I believe that IF YOU ALREADY successfully submitted your certificate previously then that record is on file..thats why you can use it again for the FLRm beyond the two years ( in the same immigration process track)
British man sponsoring Indian wife.Application Pune --Mumbai 18 DEC 2013 Requested further info 27 01 2014

olarey

Post by olarey » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:49 pm

the previous Ielts test submitted by my wife for initial 33 months visa application have expired and also the test center is no longer part of the newly approved centre for the UKVI. so, she will re-sit for new ielts in the UK for level B1 at one of the approve center. hope you understand my comment now.