ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employer received letter from Immigration Enforcement

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hsyasin

Employer received letter from Immigration Enforcement

Post by hsyasin » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:27 pm

Hey all,
I thought that after getting ILR, I'll have nothing to worry about immigration wise.. I mean I was on PSW then T1 General and then successfully got ILR, no problems anywhere with visa being refused or anything..
Now this morning, my employer showed me a letter they received from home office today, dated June 2016, saying that ur employee may not have right to work in the UK, so either check that he has right to work, has showed/given u a copy of his visa or kick him out or they'll be penalized £20k :shock:
I mean, I got my ILR same say back in March, then applied for other half's dependent, got that quickly and the applied for little one's naturalization and passport and received that as well.. I'm lost for words on this.. honestly...
Anyone else in the same boat?

Lancer2016
Newly Registered

Re: Employer received letter from Immigration Enforcement

Post by Lancer2016 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:50 pm

thats crazy you mention that you have got ILR,then it has to be a mistake by HO to send that letter

better speak to a lawyer and sort this asap

hsyasin

Post by hsyasin » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:12 pm

thanks for ur reply...
but there r quite a few thing flaky about this..
The letter doesn't have any home office case or reference ID on it.
It says to comply within 28days, but the letter just say "June 2016" no proper date.
It also doesn't have any contact telephone number on it.
Plus it has employercompliance@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk email mentioned, which i can't really seem to find on google. Coz normally when u type an email address in google, especially a home office one, it brings up home office website results highlighting the email address.

Lancer2016
Newly Registered

Post by Lancer2016 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:14 pm

I have heard of scam letter and emails supposedly sent as if from Home Office

So please make sure you get this checked carefully as looks like a scam,in the 1st place if the HO is cancelling your ILR they will first tell you and then the office not the the other way around!

rw3535
Newly Registered

Post by rw3535 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:12 pm

Hi hsyasin,
My employer has also received similar letter and I do have valid visa to work in UK,Could you please tell us what happened next and do you know if it's a scam or real letter.

Thanking you in anticipation.

ddb

Post by ddb » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:09 am

My employer received a similar letter as well; so my employer used the Employer Checking Service (https://www.gov.uk/employee-immigration ... ent-status).

They received a response within 5 business days confirming I was eligible to work.
--------

Zynech
Newly Registered

Post by Zynech » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:27 am

Am facing the same problem.I won my court case but am yet to receive any letter from HO. My lawyers have made several contacts without success. My employer got this letter from immigration enforcement with no ref number or contact. Am presently facing disciplinary committee if I don't produce my visa.
Please advise me on who to call. .
Zy