ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA PR and MET & PET tests/thresholds

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2

a.s.b.o
- thin ice -

EEA PR and MET & PET tests/thresholds

Post by a.s.b.o » Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:09 pm

Hello, I genuinely need some help. I have thought to apply for a confirmation of PR. During the past five years I was in the mixture of employment and self-employment. My employment was with the university and was patchy (in macro terms; in fact, it coincided with my ability to teach during 3 study terms over the past 5 years) and my self-employment was more consistent. The self-employment generated sufficient income for my expenses and I never applied for any benefits (except for TC to which I was entitled). A number of times (a number of tax years) I was issued with small earnings certificate by HMRC.

I do not envisage problems with providing sufficient proof of being economically active. While small (I cannot even put a weekly figure due to the nature of self-employment flexibility over 5 years) it was sufficient for my non-recourse to public funds. I will have tax returns, p60s and plenty of invoices for all 5 years. My concern, however, that HO will apply MET/PET test to every month for the past 5 years and may refuse my PR application.

can you please comment on my fears and to offer some food for thoughts?

thank you loads

a.s.b.o
- thin ice -

Re: EEA PR and MET & PET tests/thresholds

Post by a.s.b.o » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:46 am

Any suggestions?

Citizenship: Ireland

noajthan

Re: EEA PR and MET & PET tests/thresholds

Post by noajthan » Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:29 pm

a.s.b.o wrote:Hello, I genuinely need some help. I have thought to apply for a confirmation of PR. During the past five years I was in the mixture of employment and self-employment. My employment was with the university and was patchy (in macro terms; ...

My concern, however, that HO will apply MET/PET test to every month for the past 5 years and may refuse my PR application.

can you please comment on my fears and to offer some food for thoughts?

thank you loads
Yes they might do so and, if its in your power, you should fight them with every fibre of your being as it is way above and beyond the cleaner, purer EU law.

Ref https://www.freemovement.org.uk/using-m ... ne-worker/
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.