ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sham Marriage Investigation

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

DisneyPrincess
Newly Registered

Sham Marriage Investigation

Post by DisneyPrincess » Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:43 pm

Hello, Apologies as I had an old thread about this issue but can't find my log in details.....

My father in law has entered into a sham marriage to a women in Kazakstan and she was detained on entry to the UK in April and given a form IS.81 and an IS.91R - the notes on the forms say 'There is insufficient reliable information to decide on whether to grant you temporary admission or release' and 'You have failed to give satisfactory or reliable answers answers to an Immigration Officers enquiries'.

She was then allowed into the UK for that visit as she had her return arrangements in place.

Can anyone advise as to what happens next please? We expect she will be applying for a spousal visa. The family are very concerend she is taking advantage of a vulnerable person and are hoping that this will promt further investigation by the Border Agency.

It's a very long and sad story but we have proof she obtained a previous visa by deception so are hoping she will be refused entry.

Member of Standing

Re: Sham Marriage Investigation

Post by member » Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:58 pm

What kind of visa did she have to enter the UK?

DisneyPrincess
Newly Registered

Post by DisneyPrincess » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:25 pm

Hi member,

Wow that was a quick reply, thank you so much.

She was using a visitor visa, sponsored by my father in law - she has been over here a couple of times on that visa, but they married in Kazakhstan a few days before.

DisneyPrincess
Newly Registered

Post by DisneyPrincess » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:26 pm

*my spelling is not usually this bad!

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:34 pm

DisneyPrincess wrote:Hi member,

Wow that was a quick reply, thank you so much.

She was using a visitor visa, sponsored by my father in law - she has been over here a couple of times on that visa, but they married in Kazakhstan a few days before.
She can't switch in country from a visit visa if she's planning on doing that from UK.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

DisneyPrincess
Newly Registered

Post by DisneyPrincess » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:44 pm

I think that the plan was for her to visit then go home and apply for her spousal visa. Sorry I should have made that clear.

She has now returned home but I am keen to understand what happens next.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:48 pm

Seems a bit odd she managed to get a visit visa if she's used deception before, UKVI would have sniffed that one out.

How do you know the relationship is a sham?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

DisneyPrincess
Newly Registered

Post by DisneyPrincess » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:57 pm

He's told us it's purely to get her into the UK - I've probably given lots of identifiable info here but he is quite adamant that it's purely friendship.