ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Visitor visa rejected without any reason,what a stupidity

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vik2015
Newly Registered

UK Visitor visa rejected without any reason,what a stupidity

Post by vik2015 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:15 pm

Hi,
I applied for my parents visitor visa but got rejected and when I read the refusal letter, I was profoundly shocked.
All of the points mentioned were useless and baseless, when they say not enough amount where it was more than £10k, they looked at the wrong statement and could not see my father's name on the banks statement.
When they mentioned about no proof of employment, I was disgraced, because there were two separate letters were enclosed. one for employment proof on company's letter head with stamp and sign and second was holidays approval again stamped and signed. Not only that, I did enclose the salary certificate where each months salary was mentioned very clearly.
Next, no social ties, oh! God what a negligence, original property deed and translation, as original was in Hindi, both were enclosed.
I just cannot believe, what has happened and top of that I cannot do anything about it, I mean no administrative review and no appeal.
Why cannot we take this matter to court, at least everyone will know how unfairly they are dealing with people and cutting their pockets..

Anyone...can suggest anything or experienced the same.

Vik

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: UK Visitor visa rejected without any reason,what a stupi

Post by Wanderer » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:58 pm

vik2015 wrote: Anyone...can suggest anything or experienced the same.

Vik
Not us, my MIL's visit visa was a breeze...

Did they enclose bank statements?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

KatieWills
Wales

Post by KatieWills » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:28 pm

I'm not an expert but "social ties" refers to family and friends in the home country as opposed to property IMO. Did you submit evidence of family ties? The ECO is looking for evidence of reason to return home after the visit, so evidence of close and extended family/friends in the home country would satisfy this requirement. If it looks to them like you are the only family then it could suggest a reason for overstaying: a job can be left, a home can be sold but it is not so easy to leave close family and friends.
Be humble for you are made of earth, be noble for you are made of stars.

vik2015
Newly Registered

Post by vik2015 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:02 am

@Wanderer, yes they did enclose the bank statement but they guy looking at the documents had some issues definitely.

@KatieWills, I do not understand, how would you justify if you have other family and friends, I mean, what sort of document can prove this because only writing in the cover letter or attaching the passport copy will not help. I am bit confused about this. Can you explain this please.....

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:38 am

How long did they say they intended to stay for?

Prem

Post by Prem » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:47 am

Family tree/Photos of the whole family that we took over the last few visits - this is what we provided and as Wanderer has said, ours was also a breeze.
Visa: Spouse
Sub: 24/06/09 Cochin
Result: ISSUED 21/08/09
Visa: ILR
Sent: 08/10/11
Rece: 31/12/11
Citizenship
Sent: 12/03/19
Rece: 20/05/19
Cerm: 12/06/19
Passport
Sent: 15/06/19
Rece: 25/06/19
Surrender
Sent: 11/01/22
Rece: 14/01/22
OCI Next

vik2015
Newly Registered

Post by vik2015 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:32 am

@Wanderer, they only intended for 3 weeks, I assume this is a reasonable time period..

@Prem, lucky you and other who got it like a breeze but I am not. The problem is, there was not even a single thing I missed in the application but this is the High commission, who overlooked the documents. That's why I said, I cannot believe the person can be so careless while checking the application because it questions his ability and credibility. If they can refuse a genuine visitor without looking at the document then they definitely can accept a FRAUD who may be a threat again without looking at his/her documents...

Ironically, you cannot demand justice, no matter if they are 100% wrong and unfair.

You really are lucky because when I spoke to one expert in UK, he told me, I am not the first one, this is high commission's normal practice of refusing the application without any genuine reason as they know, you have no right to anything against them.

vik2015
Newly Registered

Post by vik2015 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:39 am

@Prem, do you really reckon a photograph can prove this, I have a doubt about it. How would you justify, persons in the picture are real people, you cannot send them to the HC office to prove. Even why will they believe, they are related to you. I can have as many people as I want and as many pictures as I want and everyone knows this.
Sorry, it may be your luck but does not convince me (sorry). My i-laws got the visa without providing any sort of social ties, I mean any family/friends proof (pictures), only property deed documents.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:32 pm

It's very sad of course that folks are rejected seemingly willy-nilly, but probably and bit unfair to blame UKVI. though it is fair to say they do employ some extreme remtards - we suffered with one, ironically with a Pakistani-sounding name so possibly an immigrant herself.

Moving from PSW to UPV, she asked for details about her kids (she has none, they're all mine) and her academic progress (she'd finished uni two years prev.). Anyway...

Abuse by applicants (obvs not the case here) is the number one reason these things get tougher and more expensive.

vik2015
Newly Registered

Post by vik2015 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:54 pm

Wanderer wrote:It's very sad of course that folks are rejected seemingly willy-nilly, but probably and bit unfair to blame UKVI. though it is fair to say they do employ some extreme remtards - we suffered with one, ironically with a Pakistani-sounding name ...
It is not about blaming but about the process as whole. I agree, we all are humans and do mistakes, it is one of our attribute but this does not mean we should close all the doors for any improvements. I did email to them as they have SPECIALLY provided in the name of "If you wish to complain about the service you have received..." but contact details are totally useless. After emailing them I have not heard anything back from them even after sending couple of follow-up email (nearly 3 weeks), Not Even A Single Reply...

Surprisingly, they do have contact number as well that do charge £1.37/min which I used but guess what happened, after talking to someone and following the instruction about filling up email form, I got a reply, Sorry we have no influence and it is all down to UKVI, what a joke. I already knew that but the reason I filled up the form so that my voice can be raised to higher authorities so that they would know what is going on and whatever is going on is not right and unfair.

Can anyone advocate this attitude as fair.....

Prem

Post by Prem » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:18 pm

I see exactly where you’re coming from, but providing Family Tree\Family Photos to me just added to the proof to show a truly genuine application, I can only sympathise with your situation. MIL, FIL I expected to get, but Sister in Law I had no hope for as she was 21, finished her degree and just doing a part time course, no job, no property in her name, no money, no bank account etc and it was all turned around within 5 days.
Citizenship
Passport
Surrender
OCI Next

Prem

Post by Prem » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:24 am

vik2015 wrote:@Prem, do you really reckon a photograph can prove this, I have a doubt about it. How would you justify, persons in the picture are real people, you cannot send them to the HC office to prove. Even why will they believe, they are related to you. I can have as many people as I want and as many pictures as I want and everyone knows this.
Sorry, it may be your luck but does not convince me (sorry). My i-laws got the visa without providing any sort of social ties, I mean any family/friends proof (pictures), only property deed documents.
Also the photos were mainly to show that we normally travel to India every year, and because of the birth we were bringing the in laws to the UK. They contained myself, my wife and daughter alongside my in laws, also it was just luck that all my wife’s extended family were there at the same and that we took a big family photo. Since marrying my wife I've applied for several visas and I've always been told to treat the ECOs like little children, they need to be spoon fed all this information, I also title each section, have a contents, just so they know where everything is. Probably doesn't make a minute bit of difference, but I do this none the less.
Citizenship
Passport
Surrender
OCI Next

vik2015
Newly Registered

Post by vik2015 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:48 am

.. Since marrying my wife I've applied for several visas and I've always been told to treat the ECOs like little children, they need to be spoon fed all this information, I also title each section, have a contents, just so they know where everything is. Probably doesn't make a minute bit of difference, but I do this none the less.
I am probably be agree with you when you say treating ECo as a little child but it turned out that the child I was dealing with had no common sense because anyone on earth could have understood the whole application only reading the cover letter but that ECO decided not to read any document therefore, refused the application without considering the documents provided.
Believe me, eco, behaved so immaturely that:
-without looking at my dad's bank statement, he assumed that funds are not enough
-without looking at the employment proof, he assumed there is no document has provide to support this.

I have no issue with anything else but with eco's ignorance, how can a person on earth (specially at this sensitive position) be such an idiot that without looking at the documents will jump to FALSE conclusion. You are lucky, that your application was not looked by this ECo otherwise, you would have been also in my position because for him/her does not matter what documents/photos you are providing, application must be rejected, the END.....

Just search for High Commission in New Delhi and read few reviews, you would know what I am talking about because I was shocked after reading those reviews that even sometime they put the Visitor visa refusal letter for a Tier 2 visa application.